I will not vote for trump

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I like how you threw in the "vengeful" part
I like how you're doing the Trump defender's two-step. I give you a plausible answer and you try to make the conversation about something else. It's a lot like the, "But Hillary is worse" line of offense as defense.

Otherwise, it's fairly established. He gets his nose out of joint/he goes after the person who did it. Look at Rosie, Hillary, even members of his own party. He doesn't tend to let go very easily.

rexlunae

in what way are the stakes so high?

the country managed to stumble along for eight years while being "led" by the latest affirmative action candidate

Can you tell me what Obama would have had to do to earn your respect? Because by nearly any objective measure, his presidency has been a huge success.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Can you tell me what Obama would have had to do to earn your respect?

leave the whole "running for president" thing to more qualified and experienced candidates who had executive experience would have been a good place to start

moondoggie said:
Because by nearly any objective measure, his presidency has been a huge success.

:darwinsm:

wait - you weren't serious were you? :freak:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I like how you're doing the Trump defender's two-step. I give you a plausible answer and you try to make the conversation about something else. It's a lot like the, "But Hillary is worse" line of offense as defense.

Otherwise, it's fairly established. He gets his nose out of joint/he goes after the person who did it. Look at Rosie, Hillary, even members of his own party. He doesn't tend to let go very easily.

I would never vote for Trump unless God Himself told me to, but i also wouldnt believe these women coming out of the woodwork with their complaints, NOW.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I would never vote for Trump unless God Himself told me to, but i also wouldnt believe these women coming out of the woodwork with their complaints, NOW.
I'm with you on the first part. I'm not on the second. I can completely understand why someone wouldn't want a my word against Trump confrontation, especially if the advances stopped short of rape, which by all accounts these did. The first two women I read about told others, at the time and later. I can understand why the video would embolden someone harboring a resentment for that treatment, who lacked confidence to confront then.

I don't know it's true, but there's smoke rising and a tape of him striking a match.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm with you on the first part. I'm not on the second. I can completely understand why someone wouldn't want a my word against Trump confrontation, especially if the advances stopped short of rape, which by all accounts these did. The first two women I read about told others, at the time and later. I can understand why the video would embolden someone harboring a resentment for that treatment, who lacked confidence to confront then.

I don't know it's true, but there's smoke rising and a tape of him striking a match.

And hes been running for a while now and made other woman comments, why now, because the election is near and not clear. Hillary looks real bad and people know it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think its sadly ironic that the very same people though that whine about Trumps crudeness toward women, looked the other way 2 times and voted for a rapist who tarnished the oval office with an affair. The word hypocrite personified anymore.

This is called judgment.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And hes been running for a while now and made other woman comments, why now,
Because now is when that tape of him making remarks that support their claim happened. Now it's not just their word against a rich guy's.

because the election is near and not clear.
I don't believe the election is in much doubt. Not saying I would put it past Hillary to use something to seal the deal, but I have less reason to doubt the women than I do Trump's denials at this point.

Hillary looks real bad and people know it.
She looks pretty bad to me, but I don't think that's going to matter. I wouldn't be surprised if the Clintons hadn't scouted him and counted on this. I don't have a background on how the tape with Billy Bush surfaced. Now if you suggested that was held and then used, it wouldn't surprise me. And they'd have to know that once it hit the market women would feel supported in coming forward.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I think its sadly ironic that the very same people though that whine about Trumps crudeness toward women, looked the other way 2 times and voted for a rapist who tarnished the oval office with an affair. The word hypocrite personified anymore.

This is called judgment.

it's one of alinsky's rules for radicals - hold your opponent to a standard you don't plan to meet yourself

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Because now is when that tape of him making remarks that support their claim happened. Now it's not just their word against a rich guy's.

I don't believe the election is in much doubt. Not saying I would put it past Hillary to use something to seal the deal, but I have less reason to doubt the women than I do Trump's denials at this point.

She looks pretty bad to me, but I don't think that's going to matter. I wouldn't be surprised if the Clintons hadn't scouted him and counted on this. I don't have a background on how the tape with Billy Bush surfaced. Now if you suggested that was held and then used, it wouldn't surprise me. And they'd have to know that once it hit the market women would feel supported in coming forward.

Block quoting this because I'm on my phone. I read an interesting bit of commentary about how discombobulated Trump's campaign has been run, because he's been so resistant to being advised. And that it was now apparent that he'd never done opposition research on himself, that well-run campaigns would never have gone forward without doing that opposition research in order to find and anticipate every last thing that could possibly be used against him. In the end, it will only have been Trump who brought down Trump.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It shouldn't shock anyone given the things he's said he feels entitled to do. I don't think it'll matter much to anyone who supports him. But I'm thoroughly sick of this election, in part because it's been such an unsubstantive, meaningless exercise in political rage and resentment, and yet the stakes are so high.
Agreed on all counts.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Maybe they didn't think anyone would believe them until the tape came out. Just a powerful and vengeful rich guy against you. Who wins that without evidence?
I agree. These women probably would have stayed quiet but then that video surfaced and during the last debate Trump said that it was all talk. That could have prompted them to come out and say it wasn't simply talk.