I will not vote for trump

Timotheos

you knew i was a snake when you took me in
-
what did you know when you voted for him?

Good one.

The Republican Party and the Snake

One winter day, the republican party found a snake by the roadside, stiff and motionless with cold.

"If you put me inside your shirt," the snake said, "your body will make me warm and I won't freeze to death."

"Oh, I know your kind," replied the republicans. "If I pick you up, you will bite me."

"Oh no," the snake objected. "Why would I do such a thing, if you are good enough to help me?"

So the republican had compassion on the snake, and taking it up, he put it inside his shirt. The warmth quickly revived the snake, and resuming its natural instincts, it bit its benefactor, inflicting on him a mortal wound. "Oh," cried the republican party with his last breath, "why did you bite me? You promised you wouldn't."

"Ah," said the snake. "So I did. But you knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

(Copied from the internet, changed "farmer" to "republican party" so the Trump supporters could understand the parable.)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
All Christians ought to vote for Trump if only to stop the "Wicked Clintons" getting their claws into our government's highest office. These two are planning to carry on the legacy of Obama. More of the same for at least four years, if not eight years.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Good one.

The Republican Party and the Snake

One winter day, the republican party found a snake by the roadside, stiff and motionless with cold.

"If you put me inside your shirt," the snake said, "your body will make me warm and I won't freeze to death."

"Oh, I know your kind," replied the republicans. "If I pick you up, you will bite me."

"Oh no," the snake objected. "Why would I do such a thing, if you are good enough to help me?"

So the republican had compassion on the snake, and taking it up, he put it inside his shirt. The warmth quickly revived the snake, and resuming its natural instincts, it bit its benefactor, inflicting on him a mortal wound. "Oh," cried the republican party with his last breath, "why did you bite me? You promised you wouldn't."

"Ah," said the snake. "So I did. But you knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

(Copied from the internet, changed "farmer" to "republican party" so the Trump supporters could understand the parable.)

You got that from the old song, "The Snake" by Al Wilson.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
All Christians ought to vote for Trump if only to stop the "Wicked Clintons" getting their claws into our government's highest office. These two are planning to carry on the legacy of Obama. More of the same for at least four years, if not eight years.

I agree but 13 million idiots voted for trump and ensured hillary will be president
-
20 million idiots voted for perot in '92 and elected bill clinton

Timotheos

You got that from the old song, "The Snake" by Al Wilson.

I saw that. There are a few versions around. The simple truth is that if you get into bed with a poisonous snake, it will bite you. Look at Trump, look at his lack of character. No matter what you think about the Clintons, Trump is not someone you want to be associated with.
Bad Company corrupts good morals. You are known by the company you keep. Birds of a feather flock together. Pick your metaphor and stay away from Donald Trump, even if that means that Clinton gets elected. It is THAT important.

Timotheos

It will be bad for four years or longer. That's true.
The worse thing would be if we let that Snake Trump represent us. It's a bad situation, and it started when Trump got the nomination.

Quetzal

I'd love to see where you drew your data, since you were the first to sit there and talk about numbers.

The only thing you've proven is that you'd defend Muslims no matter what.
Well, even if we take your exaggerated figure, 9% is still a minority in every sense of the word. Your conclusion on this post is pretty laughable too.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I agree but 13 million idiots voted for trump and ensured hillary will be president
-
20 million idiots voted for perot in '92 and elected bill clinton
Maybe. Maybe not on Bill.

"...In the Governor's races, Perot's voters cast 18% of their ballots for the Republican candidates; 56% of their ballots for Democratic candidates, 17% for independent candidates, and 8% did not bother to vote for Governor. If Perot's voters had voted for Bush and Clinton in the same proportion that the voted for the Republican and Democratic candidates for Governor, Clinton's lead would have increased by 7.5 million votes."

Additionally, Clinton won a good many defecting "Reagan Democrats" back through steady, economics driven rhetoric. Couple that with a huge deficit and the infamous "Read my lips" pledge that flipped into a tax raising compromise and it's not that easy to blame the Bush loss on Perot.

The Times Mirror center for The People & Press, noted in October of 1992, that polling data indicated,

“Ross Perot's surge in the polls is drawing somewhat more support from Bill Clinton than from George Bush, and the third party candidate seems poised to make more gains that might further narrow Bill Clinton's nationwide margin.”​

And, as pollster Tim Hibbits noted, "According to the exit poll data, 38% of the Perot voters said they would have voted for Clinton in a two way race, 38% would have voted for Bush, 24% would not have voted."

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
It's absolutely mind-boggling how such an immoral, sociopath such as Trump has gotten this far. :nono:

Yet it does not boggle your mind how such an immoral, lying, criminal, sociopath such as the felon Hillary has not only gotten this far but, has been able to get you to vote for her in spite of the fact she is a criminal. :nono:

Now that is truly mind boggling...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's absolutely mind-boggling how such an immoral, sociopath such as Trump has gotten this far. :nono:

Has a good bit to do with the fact that those like yourself are just on a bunch of nonsense.
Trump gotten far because he's better, and you all's tantrums about him are dumb.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Maybe. Maybe not on Bill.

you are an idiot if you voted for perot -
you can't predict what an idiot will do -
even the idiot doesn't know -
reason and logic doesn't work with them -
they are victims and somebody is to blame for that -
they just need a voice -
wallace, perot, buchanan, trump -
what difference does it make?
-
-
perot was running against bush -
everyone knew that -
even the the idiots -
perot pulled out of the race because of the money and he feared he was helping bush -
perot got back into the race for the debate stage and another chance to hurt bush -
he knew he couldn't win -
the idiots didn't -
you can't trust what an idiot says to an exit poll

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you are an idiot if you voted for perot -
Well, no, but I didn't.

perot was running against bush
He was running against everyone else too. That's how it works.

perot pulled out of the race because of the money and he feared he was helping bush
Looks like he might have been right, given how Clinton lost an appreciable amount of steam when he reentered the race.

perot got back into the race for the debate stage and another chance to hurt bush
You only just said he thought being in the race helped Bush (and it looks like a reasonable speculation).

So you've made two statements at odds with one another.

You know who does that sort of thing, don't you. :plain:

he knew he couldn't win
Everyone knew he couldn't win.

the idiots didn't
Sure they did. They weren't locked into the mentality that keeps a two party system in power. They were starting something new, or trying to. That's how you do it, with a step.

you can't trust what an idiot says to an exit poll
I trust people to speak their own mind before I'll trust you or anyone else to speak it for them...so there's that.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I trust people to speak their own mind before I'll trust you or anyone else to speak it for them...so there's that.

cspan had a rerun of a call in thing on perot last night -
most of the calls were incoherent ramblings that had to be interrupted -
they did have one lady who was very active in the campaign to fill in between wasted calls -
she was convinced perot elected clinton -
perot split the conservative vote -
perot not only wanted bush to lose -
perot wanted to be the reason bush lost -
he was