ECT "I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH"---not "churchES"

republicanchick

Well, we know he gave some apostles and some prophets and some evangelists and some pastors and teachers for the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.

What verse establishes a clerical priesthood?

that was established longb4 Jesus came, but was perfected with Jesus...

the Jews had a priesthood, you know... the tribe of Aaron, the Levites

that has been continued more/less w/ Catholicism

you protestants are not into the Old T... or you would know some of this stuff.

___

Cruciform

Catholics are not much into NT teachings.
How do you figure? After all, Catholics were studying the New Testament documents for fifteen centuries before a single Protestant (non-Catholic) ever managed to stumble onto the scene.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How do you figure? After all, Catholics were studying the New Testament documents for fifteen centuries before a single Protestant (non-Catholic) ever managed to stumble onto the scene.]

I'm not Protestant and neither was Jesus.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The future of the churches is found in studying the kingdoms of Israel and of Judah of the OT.

The RCC religion and friends will be wiped out of existence in the same manner as was the northern Kingdom of Israel of the OT.

Their kings are types of the Popes, which were not all bad, but most were and they had installed their own priesthood as the RCC has.
Just read about Ahab and Jezebell and 2 Kings ch 16 and 17.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How do you figure? After all, Catholics were studying the New Testament documents for fifteen centuries before a single Protestant (non-Catholic) ever managed to stumble onto the scene.T]

Ok, maybe you can help me. I'm looking for the scripture where Jesus changed Passover observance to Easter observance. Can you tell me what scripture authorized the change.

Cruciform

I'm not Protestant and neither was Jesus.
Of course Jesus wasn't a Protestant, since Protestantism would not even exist for another fifteen centuries.

As for you, I'll simply ask a question:
Do you hold to the two foundational Protestant precepts of [1] sola scriptura ("Scripture alone") and [2] sola fide ("faith alone")?​

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Ok, maybe you can help me. I'm looking for the scripture where Jesus changed Passover observance to Easter observance. Can you tell me what scripture authorized the change.
Where did you get the idea that "Jesus changed Passover observance to Easter observance"?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
As for you, I'll simply ask a question:
Do you hold to the two foundational Protestant precepts of [1] sola scriptura ("Scripture alone") and [2] sola fide ("faith alone")?​

What did Jesus say about sola scriptura? Was he for it or against it.

genuineoriginal

It's the very same Church founded by Jesus Christ himself

Jesus did not found the Church of Rome.

Jesus founded an ekklesia (congregation) in Jerusalem.

The Church of Rome did not succeed the ekklesia of Jerusalem

The Church of Rome was not founded by any of the Apostles.

Cruciform

Yes, don't you?
No, and neither did Jesus, the apostles, and the early Christian Church (see this).

Therefore, you do in fact hold to the two central and defining precepts of Protestantism (Post #148), and thus you are indeed a Protestant. Your claim to the contrary, then, simply falls flat.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited: