ECT "I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH"---not "churchES"

Cruciform

The word churches appears over thirty times in the New Testament. Letters to churches abound. Funny also that nowhere I know of in scripture is any of the churches preeminent, is any preeminent church at Rome present, any preeminent believers called out anywhere, or an actual church institution at Rome even mentioned? Any scripture evidence Peter actually even once came to Rome, though of itself would prove nothing, anyway? Of course, when you leave God's word in scripture and enter into the traditions of men, Christianity is anything corrupt men can imagine. But is that a true faith, or a corrupt one?

God gave us scripture, His written Word...
And centuries before that, He gave us the one historic Church that he himself founded (Mt. 16:18-19; 1 Tim. 3:15), and which went on to collate, canonize, and communicate the New Testament along with the unwritten (that is, preached) Tradition of Christ's Church. The Church has continued to do this right down to our own day.

Anything which contradicts scripture is a lie...
Amen. Examples of such contradictions would include the Protestant doctrines of sola scriptura, "believers-only" baptism, sola fide, dispensationalism, anti-sacramentalism, etc.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

turbosixx

My pastor? He's my "father" in the same sense in which St. Paul referred to himself as a spiritual "father" to the Corinthian believers (1 Cor. 4:14-15)---was Paul, then, disobeying Jesus? The term "father" (Greek, pater) is used 124 times in the New Testament to refer to human beings. Do these all represent direct biblical violations of Jesus' words in Matt. 23:9? :think:
Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

So what do we do with this apparent contradiction? Jesus says "Do not call anyone on earth your father;" and Paul uses the family as an example of his relationship with those he has preached to. Is the wise thing to call spiritual leaders father?

I didn't know there were married priest. I will do some research, but I assume this in fairly new.

Are we in the last day?

Cruciform

So what do we do with this apparent contradiction? Jesus says "Do not call anyone on earth your father;"
Your question was addressed in detail in Post #104 above. If you're serious about understanding the biblical teaching on this point, you'll take time to honestly consider the cited material. If not...

I didn't know there were married priest. I will do some research, but I assume this in fairly new.
It is a centuries-long tradition in Christ's Church.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

turbosixx

Your question was addressed in detail in Post #104 above. If you're serious about understanding the biblical teaching on this point, you'll take time to honestly consider the cited material. If not...

It is a centuries-long tradition in Christ's Church.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Sorry, I'm not going to read here and here. I want to hear it from you. I already know enough about the RCC to know it's run by men.

Cruciform

Sorry, I'm not going to read here and here. I want to hear it from you.
As has already been stated:
"If you're serious about understanding the biblical teaching on this point, you'll take time to honestly consider the cited material. If not..."

I'll take that as a "not."

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

turbosixx

As has already been stated:
"If you're serious about understanding the biblical teaching on this point, you'll take time to honestly consider the cited material. If not..."

I'll take that as a "not."

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

I know biblical truth, because I know the bible and the RCC is not in the bible.

JosephR

cruciform will turn on you like a snake that has been taken inside by the brave young Indian.

I speak from experience,,not from ignorance.

Lon

SMALL bit of correction:

See all of the mayor's posts here.

That ought to "lock up" this thread. Did I say that right, mayor?

Did I get that right?
images

Cross Reference

So was the 1st-century Church.

Ok, lets be more clear. The 1st century church had a relationship with Jesus Christ and God per John 17:23 KJV. That relationship went downhill thereafter to a level that was damnable and in need of "reformation" if it was to finalize His purposes for "bringing many sons unto glory". What was left behind in the tomb serves now to foster the anti-Christ and his coming, one world government.

. . . It is at our doorstep.

Cruciform

cruciform will turn on you like a snake that has been taken inside by the brave young Indian. I speak from experience, not from ignorance.
This is both ad hominem rhetoric---and so entirely irrelevant---and just straightforward gossip. If all you intend to do is slander others, try and restrict yourself to the PM feature.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
However, there is also a specifically clerical priesthood in Christ's Church as well.

Well, we know he gave some apostles and some prophets and some evangelists and some pastors and teachers for the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.

What verse establishes a clerical priesthood?