ECT "I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH"---not "churchES"

Cruciform

Where was Peter mentioned in the extraneous thing you referenced?
It doesn't need to mention Peter. From the article:
"Because Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic Law, we are no longer subject to it."
Simple.

And why can't you speak for yourself about what you believe rather than what others believe?
The source I cited expresses my own beliefs. No need, then, to waste time typing them all out for you.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

turbosixx

Already answered (Post #45).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Weak, very weak.

Two problems with the reasoning.

1. How are we not in the last days?
Acts 2:16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17“ ‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.

Has the spirit not been poured out??

Heb. 1:1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son,

2. While the men who want to become priest voluntarily choose not to marry, THE CATHOLIC PRIESTHOOD IS FORBIDDEN TO MARRY.

Next up:
Matt. 23: 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Because Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic Law, we are no longer subject to it."[/INDENT]

The Jerusalem council made the decision that there was no need for Gentiles to observe Mosaic law.

My question to you is why you personally don't follow the teaching of Peter?

Cruciform

The Jerusalem council made the decision that there was no need for Gentiles to observe Mosaic law. My question to you is why you personally don't follow the teaching of Peter?
Because it does not apply to me, given that I am not a 1st-century Gentile Christian in Syria or Cilicia (Ac. 15:23-29).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because it does not apply to me, given that I am not a 1st-century Gentile Christian in Syria or Cilicia (Ac. 15:23-29).

I take it that since you are not a 1st-century Gentile Christian in Syria or Cilicia that Peter's and Paul's teaching are not for you. They were both dead by the end of the first century.

Cruciform

Those are not answers but perversions.
How, then, do you imagine Matt. 23:9 could possibly apply to Catholics referring to their pastors as "father"? Please explain.

People have described you as intelligent, I'm not seeing it.
Lacking any substantive counterargument, you here resort to meaningless ad hominem rhetoric. How does this reflect on your own intelligence?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

turbosixx

How, then, do you imagine Matt. 23:9 could possibly apply to Catholics referring to their pastors as "father"? Please explain.

How does it not apply? How is he your father?

Lacking any substantive counterargument, you here resort to meaningless ad hominem rhetoric. How does this reflect on your own intelligence?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

What frustrates me about you is my counterarguments are strong, but you won't address them. All you can do is say here or here. That is not proof of intelligence. That's cut and paste.

The article said we were not in the last days. I provided two scriptures that say we are, you did not address them. It also said the CC doesn't forbid priest to marry. Show me a married priest.

I apologize for my rude comment.

The word churches appears over thirty times in the New Testament. Letters to churches abound. Funny also that nowhere I know of in scripture is any of the churches preeminent, is any preeminent church at Rome present, any preeminent believers called out anywhere, or an actual church institution at Rome even mentioned? Any scripture evidence Peter actually even once came to Rome, though of itself would prove nothing, anyway?

Of course, when you leave God's word in scripture and enter into the traditions of men, Christianity is anything corrupt men can imagine. But is that a true faith, or a corrupt one?

God gave us scripture, His written Word, for this very reason, that there's a way of measuring what was true from the beginning and is true. Anything which contradicts scripture is a lie, just as simple as that, the only thing one may add is that Satan is the father of lies.

Cruciform

How does it not apply? How is he your father?
My pastor? He's my "father" in the same sense in which St. Paul referred to himself as a spiritual "father" to the Corinthian believers (1 Cor. 4:14-15)---was Paul, then, disobeying Jesus? The term "father" (Greek, pater) is used 124 times in the New Testament to refer to human beings. Do these all represent direct biblical violations of Jesus' words in Matt. 23:9? :think:

What frustrates me about you is my counterarguments are strong, but you won't address them.
Apparently, your counterarguments don't impress everyone else as much as they impress you.

All you can do is say here or here.
If you had actually read the sources I posted, you wouldn't have had to ask your first question above.

It also said the CC doesn't forbid priest to marry. Show me a married priest.
There are plenty of married priests in the Catholic Church. Many married former Episcopalian priests who have converted to the Catholic faith have remained married as Catholic priests as well. Also, Catholics in the Eastern Rites are permitted to be married if when they are ordained they're already married. Your assumptions and claims about clerical celibacy are simply incorrect. In any case, your claims have already been thoroughly answered in the sources cited in previous posts.

I apologize for my rude comment.
I appreciate your very generous gesture. God bless.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

I find it interesting that the RCC claims that a mere man has the authority of Christ on earth...
...just as the Scriptures indicate (Matt. 16:18-19/Is. 22:20-22; Matt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6).

...and yet accuses protestants of being a religion of "man."
Every single non-Catholic sect since 1517---including yours---has been fabricated by a mere man acting on his own according to a ridiculously overblown confidence in his own assumptions and opinions. By contrast, the Catholic Church was founded in 33 A.D. by Jesus Christ himself, the divine Son of God incarnate. Take your pick.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+