I will be voting for Hillary Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
because I wonder what you do understand about the process -
babies are getting killed -

we are part of the process if we don't do anything about it

I did something about it. The most important thing I could have done.

I chose life for each child I conceived... and loved them and nurtured them from the moment I knew of their existence.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
"Trump’s inability to quietly absorb last week’s stinging criticism from the parents of Humayun Khan — a Muslim-American soldier killed 12 years ago in Iraq"

Why should he "quietly absorb" any "stinging criticism" from a Clinton supporter who happened to lose his son twelve years ago when it had nothing to do with Trump? How stupid can people be?

I wouldn't say he should quietly absorb it. If Trump feels that he was unfairly criticized then he can respond. The problem is in how he responded. He went off topic by going after the mother and insinuating that she was not allowed to speak. He probably should have offered more respect to a soldier who was killed and his family. He wasn't clear in separating the sacrifices he's made from what the Khan's suffered.

I do take issue with part of what the Khans did. Whether or not Trump lost a child in war seems like a cheap shot. If they want to use their son as an example of Muslim Americans and to fight back against Trump's rhetoric and policy proposals regarding Muslism then ok, but bringing in sacrifices seems to be going too far.

I think part of why this got so big is that Trump has had veteran problems in the past. From mocking McCain to the shadiness about his donations to veteran groups.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
the pope saw russia and communism as the greater threat -
he was right -
the fact that hitler was in his backyard was also a factor -
you deal with the devil you know -
the church did not survive in russia or in the islamic world -
the church did survive hitler
So the ends justify the means?

From Inferno

South American became a popular destination for irreconcilables and the most heinous war criminals, some of whom were given sanctuary by the Catholic Church during their passage from Europe.

If that's true then that's horrible and I hope you wouldn't try to defend it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I am voting for every republican on the ballot -

I think I will write in jeb for president

While I understand your dilemma, voting for Jeb certainly isn't "doing something about it."

Voting for pro-life candidates down ballot may have an effect, but voting for Jeb won't do a thing. Still, I do understand.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
the pope saw russia and communism as the greater threat -
he was right -
the fact that hitler was in his backyard was also a factor -
you deal with the devil you know -
the church did not survive in russia or in the islamic world -
the church did survive hitler

The gates of hell...no problem.
The gates of communism on the other hand....

ClimateSanity

I did something about it. The most important thing I could have done.

I chose life for each child I conceived... and loved them and nurtured them from the moment I knew of their existence.

The best way to prevent abortions is to take away the reasons for doing so. Other countries use whole families and neighbors to raise kids. Do the same thing here, and an unplanned pregnancy won't be so frightening.

ClimateSanity

Hillary was right when she said it takes a village but she had the wrong definition of village. It's not government programs.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I think I do, but yeah, I could be wrong.

You're just unwilling to give me any credit at all because I've stepped outside the lines and you can't forgive that.

you think it doesn't make any difference -
tell that to the feminists in the democratic party -
their survival depends on killing babies -
they cannot be equal if they can't kill them

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
you think it doesn't make any difference -
tell that to the feminists in the democratic party -
their survival depends on killing babies -
they cannot be equal if they can't kill them

What happened to the conservative ideal of "no, it doesn't take a village" and "personal responsibility" that I hear so often?

I took personal responsibility for the children I conceived.

I'm not responsible for the choices other people make, and you're not going to put that false responsibility on me.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
you are responsible for supporting those who do whatever they can to keep abortion legal

Well, looks like we've come full circle, back to IT WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

The GOP has had their chance to show there was some brickwork behind that false-fronted platform of theirs. They're politicians. They're going to pay it lip service, but they're not going to do anything.

I assume you read DavidK upthread, when we were talking about there being less abortions performed these days, and more people who identify as prolife.

Technological advances in ultrasound have probably saved more babies than one single current Republican politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.