I will be voting for Hillary Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidK

hitler was killing jews -
the russians were killing christians -
you can make a difference -
is that the part you don't understand?

My historical knowledge includes that much, I'm not aware of a point in which the Pope had to choose to support one or the other.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
My historical knowledge includes that much, I'm not aware of a point in which the Pope had to choose to support one or the other.

the pope had more power than you may understand -
you can also make a difference -
you need to work on that part

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I read that one of Trump's campaign people emailed some Senate aides asking for people to publicly support Trump about this issue and try to diffuse the situation. :eek:

i heard that sally asked bobby to ask marcia to ask timmy to ask you if you liked her

ClimateSanity

Reagan, one of the BIGGEST liars we've ever had in Office...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHXq8TRejow

Why do you like him? Is it because he made you FEEL good?

He stopped the train wreck that was Jimmy Carter. He killed the Soviet Union. He revitalized the economy. My standard of living all the up into the early 2000s was good because of the policies he enacted during his presidency . We no longer have to worry about an arms race now either.

HisServant

He stopped the train wreck that was Jimmy Carter. He killed the Soviet Union. He revitalized the economy. My standard of living all the up into the early 2000s was good because of the policies he enacted during his presidency . We no longer have to worry about an arms race now either.

He started the gutting of the middle class and the extraction of wealth from this country... his short term fix has been a long term disaster. Not to mention the raping of our treasury by lowering the capital gains tax and letting the wealthy off the hook with paying their share of taxes and swelling our national debt.

As far as the arms race.. he probably escalated the collapse of the USSR by 5 to 10 years.. its collapse was inevitable.

DavidK

the pope had more power than you may understand -
you can also make a difference -
you need to work on that part

That's why I was seeking more information.

What was the historical point of decision between Russia and Nazi Germany for the Pope? What kept him from choosing to support neither?

PureX

He started the gutting of the middle class and the extraction of wealth from this country... his short term fix has been a long term disaster. Not to mention the raping of our treasury by lowering the capital gains tax and letting the wealthy off the hook with paying their share of taxes and swelling our national debt.

As far as the arms race.. he probably escalated the collapse of the USSR by 5 to 10 years.. its collapse was inevitable.
Reagan was also the first president to steal money from Social Security to cover up for his failed "trickle-down" economic idiocy, and his tax cuts for the rich. And of course, once Reagan had robbed the fund and got away with it, every president after him did the same.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That's why I was seeking more information.

What was the historical point of decision between Russia and Nazi Germany for the Pope? What kept him from choosing to support neither?

the pope saw russia and communism as the greater threat -
he was right -
the fact that hitler was in his backyard was also a factor -
you deal with the devil you know -
the church did not survive in russia or in the islamic world -
the church did survive hitler

Status
Not open for further replies.