I never talk to Jesus or the Holy Spirit

Bradley D

Then you should know that we have no need of commandments because we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
Do you really need a list of things you shouldn't do when you have the Holy Spirit working in you both to will and do His good pleasure?
Yes, I read it everyday and it becomes part of my life. Just like I have study the Bible everyday for many years. Temptations are always about us as is the prince of the air.

Bradley D

But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
I say the Father's everyday/throughout the day. Jesus also told us if we do not forgive others, the Father will not forgive our sins. I need that forgiveness by the Father.

glorydaz

I say the Father's everyday/throughout the day. Jesus also told us if we do not forgive others, the Father will not forgive our sins. I need that forgiveness by the Father.
That was true under the law. So many people have been blinded to Paul's gospel of Grace.
Satan doesn't want anyone to know that Jesus did it ALL, and we get to add nothing to His work on the Cross.

You need to read what Paul has to say about our having already received forgiveness the very moment we believe.
Nothing we can ever do will add to what Jesus did on the cross. Read Romans to Philemon if you want to be saved.

Did you know that the Risen Lord appeared to Paul in Acts 9 and revealed to him the gospel of grace? That is the gospel that saved and you are not allowed to do one single thing of which you could boast. Whenever you see the word IF, you know you are putting yourself under the law.

Hoping

Banned
That was true under the law. So many people have been blinded to Paul's gospel of Grace.
Satan doesn't want anyone to know that Jesus did it ALL, and we get to add nothing to His work on the Cross.

You need to read what Paul has to say about our having already received forgiveness the very moment we believe.
Nothing we can ever do will add to what Jesus did on the cross. Read Romans to Philemon if you want to be saved.

Did you know that the Risen Lord appeared to Paul in Acts 9 and revealed to him the gospel of grace? That is the gospel that saved and you are not allowed to do one single thing of which you could boast. Whenever you see the word IF, you know you are putting yourself under the law.
Where in Acts 9 was this revelation mentioned?
Did it happen before or after Paul was baptized by Ananias and he was given the gift of the Holy Ghost?

glorydaz

Where in Acts 9 was this revelation mentioned?
Did it happen before or after Paul was baptized by Ananias and he was given the gift of the Holy Ghost?
You assume a lot there, don't you? Paul relates more here.... The Lord told him where to go and what to do and what to say. Paul didn't just have the "gift" of the Holy Spirit, he was sealed with the Holy Spirit the very moment he believed. He confessed Jesus was Lord right there on the road to Damascus. IF he was water baptized, it was according to the ritual. The baptism of Holy Spirit is what saves us, not water.

Acts 22:
17 And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;
18 And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me.
19 And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on thee:
20 And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.
21 And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.

Hoping

Banned
You assume a lot there, don't you?
I think it is you that assumes too much.
Paul relates more here.... The Lord told him where to go and what to do and what to say.
Say to Ananias?
This is what Acts 9:6 says Jesus spoke to Paul..."Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do."
Paul didn't just have the "gift" of the Holy Spirit, he was sealed with the Holy Spirit the very moment he believed.
As they are the same thing, your objection is moot.
And it isn't written of when Paul received the Holy Ghost, just that he would..."And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost." (Acts 9:17)
Your can assume all you want, but it isn't written so we don't really know when Paul received the Holy Ghost.
He confessed Jesus was Lord right there on the road to Damascus.
Paul called Him "Lord", that is for sure.
Anything else is pure conjecture.
IF he was water baptized, it was according to the ritual. The baptism of Holy Spirit is what saves us, not water.
As he was water baptized, it was according to Peter's revelation from the Lord that Peter spoke in Acts 2:38..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
Acts 22:
17 And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;
18 And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me.
19 And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on thee:
20 And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.
21 And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.
The unbelieving Jews were quite the "thorn" in those days...eh?
But thanks be to God, much good came from it.

glorydaz

I think it is you that assumes too much.

Say to Ananias?
This is what Acts 9:6 says Jesus spoke to Paul..."Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do."

As they are the same thing, your objection is moot.
And it isn't written of when Paul received the Holy Ghost, just that he would..."And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost." (Acts 9:17)
Your can assume all you want, but it isn't written so we don't really know when Paul received the Holy Ghost.

Paul called Him "Lord", that is for sure.
Anything else is pure conjecture.

As he was water baptized, it was according to Peter's revelation from the Lord that Peter spoke in Acts 2:38..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

The unbelieving Jews were quite the "thorn" in those days...eh?
But thanks be to God, much good came from it.
Try reading more. Maybe even try listening.

Right Divider

Body part

glorydaz

Your citing wasn't to be found.
You ignored it. Perhaps you didn't know. This is the risen Lord speaking to Paul.

Acts 22:

musterion

You do not say the Father's Prayer that Jesus told us to pray.
There is no "us" there. I'm not a kingdom Israelite. Neither are you.
You never sin or have a bad thought? Are you perfect?
In my flesh? Absolutely not! No human is.

Thankfully, God doesn't see me in my flesh {because I'm counted as having died} but only in the Son, who is perfect on my behalf.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bradley, please teach us how 1 John 1:9 and Colossians 2:13 can both be true for a person at the same time without contradicting each other.
1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Colossians 2:13 - And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bradley, how do you interpret the 2 verses below so they do not contradict each other?

James 2:24 - You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Ephesians 2:8,9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Last edited:

musterion

The Body of Christ did not exist before Paul was saved and Jews and gentiles began to be saved on the same basis of grace through faith without works, entirely apart from Israel. It's an entirely new and different organism that hadn't and couldn't exist before.

On the other hand, Israelites who repented to Messiah were born AGAIN. As Jews, they were of Israel and part of the covenants. They were already known to God. They didn't need born, they needed born AGAIN.

Members of the Body can't be born again because they're new creations in Christ. That's why Paul never uses the term.

glorydaz

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Yep, I see that big IF which means if you fail to do so you are not saved.
If you don't fail, you can boast.
Colossians 2:13 - And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
Yep, not under the law, but made alive and forgiven when we believe.
It doesn't matter if you fail, because the Lord did it all.

Hoping

Banned
You ignored it. Perhaps you didn't know. This is the risen Lord speaking to Paul.

Acts 22:
I guess you could have added that your reference was to a different place than the one we had been discussing...Acts 9.

I realize that these thread can get strung out and over a few days an original thought can be quite side-lined, so no harm no foul.