I never talk to Jesus or the Holy Spirit

glorydaz

Too bad the body of Christ can't ask God for things that will glorify the Father in the Son.:(
I feel that your dispensation is far too limiting.
You don't have a clue where you are. I'll tell you.
You are on the law side of the cross, and refuse to hear Paul's gospel of grace.

People always disparage those things they don't understand. You say "your dispensation" when it's God's. If God is too limiting to you, then it's you with the problem. Study to show thyself approved.

• 1 Corinthians 9:17
    For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

• Ephesians 1:10
    That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

• Ephesians 3:2
    If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

• Colossians 1:25
    Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You only believe in Paul's gospel. How about the first four gospels of the NT?
If someone were to ask you what they must do in order to be saved, I'll bet you would not give them Jesus' answer in Luke 18:18-20.

Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. “You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’ ”
That's not how you would explain to someone how to be saved, is it? Why not? Do you not believe the gospels? Or are you simply living in a different dispensation? Which one?

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
You only believe in Paul's gospel. How about the first four gospels of the NT?
What about the "four gospels"?

They are predominately OLD testament. Since the new testament requires the death of the testator.
Heb 9:15-17 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:15) And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions [that were] under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. (9:16) For where a testament [is], there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. (9:17) For a testament [is] of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Hoping

Banned
You don't have a clue where you are. I'll tell you.
You are on the law side of the cross, and refuse to hear Paul's gospel of grace.
As Paul wrote in Rom 7:4, I am dead to the Law..."Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God."
But so is anyone else who has been crucified with Christ at their baptism into Him and into His death and burial. (Rom 6:3-5)
Your gospel of Paul denies folks that privilege.
People always disparage those things they don't understand. You say "your dispensation" when it's God's.
I see it as a man-made doctrine that deprives men of the way to righteousness on earth.
God wouldn't give one group of folks one way to be saved and then give another group of folks a different way to be saved and then give Paul the words saying He had broken down the wall of separation between them. (Eph 2:13-15)
Your "Paul's gospel" is the antithesis of that.
It sets up walls of difference and requirement.
If God is too limiting to you, then it's you with the problem. Study to show thyself approved.
God is not limiting to me.
He provided the "gospel" that Jesus died for my sins and was raised from the dead.
The same "gospel" Paul preached.
  • 1 Corinthians 9:17
    For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

• Ephesians 1:10
    That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

• Ephesians 3:2
    If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

• Colossians 1:25
    Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
I thank God for the grace to know, love, and obey Him.

Hoping

Banned
Do you handle poisonous snakes? See Acts 28:1-6.
Not on purpose.
I don't tempt God.
In fact, since I moved to Arizona in 1982, I have only seen a few snakes.
(Including a most beautiful red racer: so gorgeous I had to stop my car and back up and watch it for a while.)

Bradley D

If someone were to ask you what they must do in order to be saved, I'll bet you would not give them Jesus' answer in Luke 18:18-20.

That's not how you would explain to someone how to be saved, is it? Why not? Do you not believe the gospels? Or are you simply living in a different dispensation? Which one?
I believe in living the 10 Commandments. I know them by heart and say them every morning. Once saved by believing in Jesus' sacrifice on the cross we have to amend our lives. That includes the commandments.

Right Divider

Body part
I believe in living the 10 Commandments.
So you do no work on Saturday?
I know them by heart and say them every morning.
We are so proud of you.
Once saved by believing in Jesus' sacrifice on the cross we have to amend our lives. That includes the commandments.
You are a poor lost soul. You believe a gospel that will not save you.

You need to repent and believe the gospel that can save you.

glorydaz

I believe in living the 10 Commandments. I know them by heart and say them every morning. Once saved by believing in Jesus' sacrifice on the cross we have to amend our lives. That includes the commandments.
Did you know that lusting or coveting is the same as committing adultery?

Bradley D

Did you know that lusting or coveting is the same as committing adultery?
Yes.
To covet is a sin. As Paul wrote that he would not know coveting was a sin but for the commandments in Romans chapter 7. Therefore, when I have a bad thought I know it is a sin and pray to the Lord Jesus our high priest in heaven. We also have the Lord's Prayer to ask for forgiveness for our trespasses.

glorydaz

Yes.
To covet is a sin. As Paul wrote that he would not know coveting was a sin but for the commandments in Romans chapter 7. Therefore, when I have a bad thought I know it is a sin and pray to the Lord Jesus our high priest in heaven. We also have the Lord's Prayer to ask for forgiveness for our trespasses.
Then you should know that we have no need of commandments because we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
Do you really need a list of things you shouldn't do when you have the Holy Spirit working in you both to will and do His good pleasure?

Right Divider

Body part
Yes.
Compare these:

Matt 6:14-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:14) For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (6:15) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Col 2:7-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. (2:8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. (2:10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: (2:11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: (2:12) Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. (2:13) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; (2:14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; (2:15) [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

glorydaz

Compare these:

Matt 6:14-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:14) For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (6:15) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Col 2:7-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. (2:8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. (2:10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: (2:11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: (2:12) Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. (2:13) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; (2:14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; (2:15) [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
It's the same with confessing sins. We do not have to confess our sins which was a part of the law.