I never talk to Jesus or the Holy Spirit

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Although we will talk to Jesus in heaven, we are only authorized to talk to the Father while we are here on earth. There is not a single post-ascention verse where any apostle said anything directed toward Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Stephen's prayer to Jesus in Acts 7, while he was being stoned to death, doesn't count because Stephen's spirit was on the verge of entering heaven at that time.

Acts 7:59,60 - While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.

Hoping

Banned
Although we will talk to Jesus in heaven, we are only authorized to talk to the Father while we are here on earth. There is not a single post-ascention verse where any apostle said anything directed toward Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Stephen's prayer to Jesus in Acts 7, while he was being stoned to death, doesn't count because Stephen's spirit was on the verge of entering heaven at that time.

Acts 7:59,60 - While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.
Paul spoke with Jesus on multiple occasions.
Ananias did too. (Acts 9:10-11)

Right Divider

Body part
The Lord's Prayer does begin with "Our Father..."
The "Lord's Prayer" is about Israel and their relationship with God. Jesus told this prayer to His disciples while He was ONLY come to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

"Our Father" refers to Israel's relationship with God.

Exod 4:22-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:22) And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel [is] my son, [even] my firstborn: (4:23) And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, [even] thy firstborn. (4:24) ¶ And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.

Hos 11:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) When Israel [was] a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
The "Lord's Prayer" is about Israel and their relationship with God. Jesus told this prayer to His disciples while He as ONLY come to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Exod 4:22-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:22) And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel [is] my son, [even] my firstborn: (4:23) And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, [even] thy firstborn. (4:24) ¶ And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.

Hos 11:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) When Israel [was] a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.
Is God your Father?

Bradley D

“Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. “If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it" (John 14:13-14).

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The "Lord's Prayer" is about Israel and their relationship with God. Jesus told this prayer to His disciples while He was ONLY come to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

You're right about that. But Paul also never specifically addressed either the 2nd or 3rd member of the Trinity. Only the Father.

glorydaz

Jesus is the Lord God. We can pray to the Lord God, which Jesus is.

I don't think that your reasoning holds up.
Exactly. The Lord our God is one Lord. Our Saviour.

1 Tim. 2:1-3
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Hoping

Banned
It was a prayer for those who were under the gospel of the kingdom, not for us today who are under Paul's gospel.
Those under your so called gospel of Paul are also awaiting the reign of Christ on earth...which is the gospel of the kingdom.