I never talk to Jesus or the Holy Spirit

glorydaz

Jesus wasn't speaking about Peter and the boys not receiving him.
He stayed with Peter in his house for 15 days.
Galatians 1:18
18Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days.
Yes, well that portion of Acts 22 is referring to what is written in Acts 9.

26 And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.
27 But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.
28 And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem.
Also, could it be that Paul didn't receive of the Holy Spirit until 3 years after being baptized by Ananias?
You have said that it is baptism by Holy Spirit that counts.
So was it when Ananias showed up or was it while Paul was in the wilderness?
I'm sure he received the gift of the Holy Spirit just like the others who in the little flock. Acts 2.
It could have been he was baptized into the body of Christ right then and there, but didn't understand the mystery at the time. I don't know.

Hoping

Banned
I like the KJV too.
I am glad of that.
Try these...

King James Bible
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

King James Bible
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
I thank God for allowing us the ways and means of showing our belief, by enabling our obedience to Him who is God.

Hoping

Banned
Don't play coy with me. Paul was the apostle to the gentiles.

Romans 11:13
For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
And he was a Jew.
Do you figure any other Jews might listen to Paul, who was, according to your interpretation, not an apostle to other Jews?
Crispus might have a problem with that.
Aquila, Priscilla, Apollos, and The Bereans might also disagree with you.

Personally, I prefer unity in the church, the body of Christ; instead of the division your teachers foster.

glorydaz

And he was a Jew.
Do you figure any other Jews might listen to Paul, who was, according to your interpretation, not an apostle to other Jews?
Crispus might have a problem with that.
Aquila, Priscilla, Apollos, and The Bereans might also disagree with you.

Personally, I prefer unity in the church, the body of Christ; instead of the division your teachers foster.

Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles. Did that stick a burr under your saddle?
There were a few Jews saved under his gospel, just as there were some gentiles saved under the Kingdom gospel.
This is really very simple.

• Galatians 2:2
    And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

• Ephesians 3:8
    Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

• 1 Timothy 3:16
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hoping

Banned
Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles.
And to any Jew who would turn from sin because of his preaching.
Did that stick a burr under your saddle?
Not at all.
There were a few Jews saved under his gospel, just as there were some gentiles saved under the Kingdom gospel.
This is really very simple.
As we won't really know who gets saved until we hear their names were in the book of life on the last day, your point is moot.

I do know that the good news, (gospel), was first illustrated by John the Baptist in Luke 3:3-6..."And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;
4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;
6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

That doesn't seem to be a Jew only thing.

And that was after dad, Zechariah, in the Spirit, had said..."
And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins," (Luke 1:76-77)

That baptism of repentance for the remission of sins must have been pretty "good news" to some folks.

glorydaz

And to any Jew who would turn from sin because of his preaching.

Not at all.

As we won't really know who gets saved until we hear their names were in the book of life on the last day, your point is moot.

I do know that the good news, (gospel), was first illustrated by John the Baptist in Luke 3:3-6..."And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;
4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;
6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

That doesn't seem to be a Jew only thing.

And that was after dad, Zechariah, in the Spirit, had said..."
And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins," (Luke 1:76-77)

That baptism of repentance for the remission of sins must have been pretty "good news" to some folks.
To the Jews. All to the Jews. Law law law.

Hoping

Banned
To the Jews. All to the Jews. Law law law.
Not to Paul, Silas, or any on the council at Jerusalem.
Or Crispus, Apollos, Aquila, Priscilla, etc.
They, like all the Jewish believers, are free from the Law of Moses...save what is written in our hearts.
If they are not free of the Law, they are not Christians.
And they are still in the OT.

Last edited: