I never talk to Jesus or the Holy Spirit

Hoping

Banned
Are you saying I should walk in the Spirit after I am saved to be seen of men?
After you are saved, there will be no other way to walk, as you will be on the new earth.
Till the day of resurrection, walk so others can see you are not still an unbeliever.

marke

Yes, especially things having to do with modern life.

So your prophets add to the words of God's completed word, the Bible?
Why do you think the present day bible can't be refined a bit more?
Some of the olde English words have morphed to other meanings and others have fallen into disuse entirely.
BTW, The only version of the bible I trust is the KJV.

You should make absolutely certain you are not promoting prophecy that adds to God's finished book, the Bible. If a modern prophet is not speaking according to what is already in the Bible then there is no light in him.

Isaiah 8:20
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

marke

No, as we will be in heaven being judged when we find out we are saved.
Until then, we are on the road to salvation.

You mean...Is it possible for Christians to walk in the flesh after THEY THINK they are saved?
Look around you.
How any so-called church members still commit sin?
God"s words:

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

The devil's perversion:

1 john 1:8
If we say we had no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

marke

You mean...Are you saying we need to be reproved and corrected for our growth after we have been CONVERTED?
Sometimes, as the Corinthians and Galatian letters proved.
If the reproofs are taken to heart, we will manifest where our heart is centered.
If not, it will be clear we have not really been converted.

I didn't know everything on my first day in Christ...like manner of dress, for instance.
Or, joking around when it wasn't profitable.
I am not sure how you define the supposed differences between "converted" and "born again," but do you think after you have reached sinless perfection that you no longer need the scriptures that reprove, rebuke, and instruct sinners because you are above all of those things?

marke

You mean...Are you saying we need to be reproved and corrected for our growth after we have been CONVERTED?
Sometimes, as the Corinthians and Galatian letters proved.
If the reproofs are taken to heart, we will manifest where our heart is centered.
If not, it will be clear we have not really been converted.

I didn't know everything on my first day in Christ...like manner of dress, for instance.
Or, joking around when it wasn't profitable.
Are Christians with relatives that are widows not saved if they have not yet learned to care for those widows? When will they learn to take care of their widows, after they are baptized? Do they immediately start caring for their widows the moment they are baptized or is perfection in caring for widows something that must be learned over time?

1 Tim. 5

4 But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.

marke

Yes, He did, but we didn't take the escape.
Had we sought the escape, and taken it, there would not have been a sin.
The escaping happens before sin is committed.
If you think no Christian who has truly been born again can ever obey the lusts of the flesh again, then do you think Romans 6:11-12 are written to lost sinners?

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

marke

No.
Being born again is one of the first things men must do in order to get on the path to the salvation awarded on the last day.
If baptized Christians can never sin again, then the "path to the salvation" must be a cakewalk.

marke

As it is written in 2 Cor 5:17..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
Paul served God with his mind, and the NEW skin and bones followed along.
When Paul uses the word "flesh" it is often a descriptor of the previous life style, lived after the fleshly minded lusts.
In Rom 7:25, it is a nod to his past, while he is now living in, and walking after, the Spirit.

I have wished, on more than a few occasions, that he had written "skin and bones" instead of "flesh" sometimes, just to juxtapose the past life from the present life in Christ.
I wish he had used the phrase "fleshly minded" sometimes.

Either way, we can thank God we are now in the Spirit instead of in the "fleshly minded" world.
Romans 7 completely destroys your bad interpretation.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

This is Paul's testimony, speaking of his present condition. He could not have been speaking of his past lost condition because sinners do not serve the law of God with the mind.

marke

You are again using an inappropriate scripture to make a point.
There is no mention of a mirror in Phil 3, but in Phil 3 Paul is indeed talking about his vessel.
You mentioned seeing your vessel in the mirror and I asked if what you saw was a perfect vessel instead of the earthen vessel Paul spoke of in 2 Cor.

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

marke

If we need one, it will come about.
I have experienced more than a few miracles myself.
Just my close escapes while driving would make a good book.
You may be wrong about what powers were given to those with the gift of working of miracles by confusing them with the events that happen in modern Christians' lives that appear to be miracles.

Hoping

Banned
God"s words:

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

The devil's perversion:

1 john 1:8
If we say we had no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
"God's" words in verse 8, (and 6 and 10), address those who walk in darkness, as God's words in the previous verse, addressing those who walk in light, say we can have all our sins washed away by the blood of Christ.
1John 1:7..."But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
John uses an alternating pattern to juxtapose one condition against another position.
Paul used the same alternating method in Rom 8, juxtaposing those who walked in the Spirit with those who walked in the "flesh".

Hoping

Banned
I am not sure how you define the supposed differences between "converted" and "born again," ...
There is no difference.
...but do you think after you have reached sinless perfection that you no longer need the scriptures that reprove, rebuke, and instruct sinners because you are above all of those things?
Not at all.
God provides al we need to remain in the light.
But not everyone needs rebuke, though we all need instruction.

Hoping

Banned
Are Christians with relatives that are widows not saved if they have not yet learned to care for those widows? When will they learn to take care of their widows, after they are baptized? Do they immediately start caring for their widows the moment they are baptized or is perfection in caring for widows something that must be learned over time?

1 Tim. 5

4 But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.
If you mean, "are they not converted if they have not yet..."?
No.
The ways and means of love can be learned by new converts.
That is why God provided His children with prophets, pastors, and teachers. (Eph 4:11)

Hoping

Banned
In other words, you have attained perfection?

Philippians 3:12
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Yes, in everything but my vessel, which sadly gets older and more beat down every day.

I thought I had already shown you, from Phil 3:11, what Paul had not yet attained..."If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead."

Hoping

Banned
If you think no Christian who has truly been born again can ever obey the lusts of the flesh again, then do you think Romans 6:11-12 are written to lost sinners?
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
That is just another fine exhortation to stay on top of your self.
Stay in control of yourself.
By ignoring Paul's warning, many will be found wanting at the final judgement.

Hoping

Banned
If baptized Christians can never sin again, then the "path to the salvation" must be a cakewalk.
In one sense, it is.
We have been given a new, divine nature, and the Spirit of God...the Comforter.
We have been supplied with prophets, teachers, elders, pastors, and God's word.
But we are surrounded by things that would love to make manifest that we have been fooling ourselves.