I NEVER KNEW YOU

OCTOBER23

Is there an Organized Church that Casts out Demons and has many Miracles ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt 7:22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name,

and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'

23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you;

DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

turbosixx

I NEVER KNEW YOU

Jesus says this to a person that does NOT get into the KINGDOM

WHY ????

John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

They thought they were following Jesus, but they were not keeping his word he said they "practice lawlessness!’"

turbosixx

They cast out demons thru satanic deception

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion?

and in Your name cast out demons,

Matt. 12:26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand?

turbosixx

I would agree with you if by lacking belief you mean they were not following Christ. Jesus accuses them of practicing "lawlessness". What is lawlessness but sin and practicing sin is unbelief.

Heb. 3:17 And with whom was He angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I NEVER KNEW YOU

WHY ????

The "knew" here is God's love before time for those He chose to be redeemed via the active and passive obedience of Our Lord's sacrifice, those and only those given to Our Lord. The "knew" is as in "Adam knew Eve", that is, an intimate and saving love. It is not that God does not love His creation, but just as I may love chocolate candy, that is not the same kind of love as I have for my wife.

Other than for His own glory and by personal counsel, the Bible does not tell use "why" God set His preference upon (i.e., "love") only these persons (Deut. 29:29). Fortunately the Bible tells us that all who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved, and hence, are in fact, His chosen ones.

AMR

brewmama

I would say it's people that think they are doing God's will, but are doing the opposite, to the tune of evil and huge harm. Such as pro-abortion people, people who have done so much to harm the black family in the welfare systems, people who promote gay marriage, etc, but call themselves Christian.

iamaberean

I NEVER KNEW YOU

WHY ????

It is all about relationship.

Your relationship with your spouse is much like our relationship with Jesus. Marriage is the one that God has sanctified. We are God's bride and sanctified through him when we are born again, and that means when he comes into us.

iamaberean

The "knew" here is God's love before time for those He chose to be redeemed via the active and passive obedience of Our Lord's sacrifice, those and only those given to Our Lord. The "knew" is as in "Adam knew Eve", that is, an intimate and saving love. It is not that God does not love His creation, but just as I may love chocolate candy, that is not the same kind of love as I have for my wife.

Other than for His own glory and by personal counsel, the Bible does not tell use "why" God set His preference upon (i.e., "love") only these persons (Deut. 29:29). Fortunately the Bible tells us that all who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved, and hence, are in fact, His chosen ones.

AMR

If I had read your reply first, I would have seen that there was no need for me to do so.

Sorry about that.

beloved57

People who claim to be Christians but, have not given themselves to Christ, repent of sin, live a holy life, and love one another.

Would Jesus Christ tell someone that He Loved and Gave Himself for Eph 5:25 that He never knew them ? Yes or No ?

musterion

I NEVER KNEW YOU

WHY ????

What is that person lacking that will allow him to enter the Kingdom of God?

It's very simple. For all they will say they did, notice what they DON'T say they did.

iamaberean

Would Jesus Christ tell someone that He Loved and Gave Himself for Eph 5:25 that He never knew them ? Yes or No ?

Have you ever read or heard the scripture -

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

False prophets are not apart of God's church, although you will find many of them in the church.

Truster

I NEVER KNEW YOU

WHY ????

The hint of what this means is in verse 21 in which Messiah says that, ''only those that do the will of the Father shall enter into the sovereigndom of the heavens''.

Those that do the will of the Father know Messiah and more importantly are known by Him as brothers by regeneration.

Rule of thumb: When you just pluck a verse out of the scriptures try reading back 8 verses and then forward 8 verses.

beloved57

Have you ever read or heard the scripture -

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

False prophets are not apart of God's church, although you will find many of them in the church.

Answer the question!