I hope everyone is PRAYING about the presidential election

theophilus

If the Holy Spirit were truly guiding all Christians, there wouldn't be 55,000 or more "churches" all claiming to be the true one. People call their own inclinations "the Holy Spirit".. their own feelings/thoughts. But God said "My thoughts are not your thoughts, My ways are not your ways" (Isaiah)

We need a church to interpret Scrpture. Fortunately Jesus, who is God, knew that..(AMAZING!) and established a church. Humans, being humans, splintered that church in the 16th century

Matt. 7:15-20

theophilus

Christians can know and/or judge one another by their fruits. The better one knows God's Truth, the better a fruit inspector we will be.

We DON'T need a church to interpret Scripture (go on - pick a church). You can also judge a church by it's fruit.

And you can tell whether or not the Holy Spirit is guiding someone, who wants to be led, by their fruits.

:think:

Christians can know and/or judge one another by their fruits. The better one knows God's Truth, the better a fruit inspector we will be.

We DON'T need a church to interpret Scripture (go on - pick a church). You can also judge a church by it's fruit.

And you can tell whether or not the Holy Spirit is guiding someone, who wants to be led, by their fruits.

:think:

There are not many Churches. THere is only ONE. True, that one, the Catholic Church, has a lot of problems. i feel the devil is right there in the Catholic Church and so many are listening to him/following him. But that is rather beside the point b/c the Catholic Church does not cease being the one Church Christ founded just b/c its members are serving Satan. The teachings of the Church never change. the fact that Jesus is there in His Church in a tangible way does not change just b/c of we, the sinners. We dont have that much power over Jesus -- as to make him go away.. as to cause him to break His promise to be with us until the end ( Mt 28:20). No, we do not have that much power over Jesus. We have no power over Him at all, except through prayer and even then, only if our prayers comport with God's will