I have proved Jesus was God in this and challenge any to scripturally disprove me.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I generated this answer to Aner's OP, which I encourage those who understand Jesus to be fully God and Fully man to go to and expound on. This is an excellent question!

I often here the phrase "Jesus is fully man". I wonder if anyone really knows what this means - or is it simply repeated like a mantra?

Here is my question in trying to understand what people mean by that catch-phrase -

Can Jesus fully function without an incarnated deity - just like you, I and all men are able to fully function without an incarnated deity?

To take it a step further - let me explain the issue -

1. If Jesus can NOT fully function without an incarnated deity - like all human beings can - then clearly is fundamentally different than a human being - and the catch-phrase is inaccurate and must be discarded.

2. If Jesus CAN fully function without an incarnated deity... then it appears that we have two Jesus' - one who is a man - and one who is God.

OK - I look forward to your input.

I used the lineage of Jesus and a reference to the book of John and Colossians to show Jesus's eternal Deity.

I'll add the riddle and see if you pick up on it.

Colossians 1:

For everything was created by Him, in heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him.
------------ So, if all things were created through Jesus in heaven and earth, seen and unseen, wouldn't The Father classify as Unseen in Heaven or seen? If Jesus was Created by the Father, How could the Father be created by Jesus?

And to complicate this for you Jesus wasn't God types, please answer to the following exposition.

Remember the guy that pulled out in the OT and got killed for it? One of Tamar's unfortunate 2 dead husbands didn't want to make a baby and was killed for it by God. He didn't want his legacy to go to Tamar's first Husband, which was his brother.

This is because he was tampering with Devine DNA. Tamar is part of Jesus's direct, biological lineage.

God tended the DNA of His human temple throughout the OT.

Matthew and Luke reveal this with the lineage of Jesus's adoptive, human father, and Mary.

There is much revelation in the tidbits of each person in Jesus's lineage, but the most beautiful part is that He traces back to Eve and by this, to all of us in a direct way. The Spiritual tie is in the essence of God that was breathed into man and passed to Eve through Adams Rib.

The term, "Fully Man", reveals that Jesus physical body was mortal, though His Spirit was different than yours and mine.

He was Fully God, within a Divinely built temple that started being built at Creation. The Gospel was planned before He physically walked amongst us.

John makes it clear that He was the light and life giver. He makes it clear that through Jesus, all things of Heaven and Earth were made.

Since God wasn't created, we know Jesus was God, and thus couldn't have been created.

Back to the core of the matter, Jesus and the Spirit of All shared a genuine Father and Son relationship, yet Jesus clearly states that to have seen Him is to have seen the Father.

The Father is Glory, Spirit and unseeable as we understand seeing, yet Jesus is the physical manifestation of the Father.

However, Jesus was God in Flesh that was mortal and bound to time.

The Father is not bound by time, but sees all time as one.

Jesus could have taken matters into His own hands and worked amongst us as the Father, but instead, he relinquished His authority to the Father.

I'm getting dizzy, so I need a scripture to anchor this in substance:

Philippians 2:

5 Make your own attitude that of Christ Jesus,

6 who, existing in the form of God,
did not consider equality with God
as something to be used for His own advantage.
7 Instead He emptied Himself
by assuming the form of a slave,
taking on the likeness of men.
And when He had come as a man
in His external form,
8 He humbled Himself by becoming obedient
to the point of death—
even to death on a cross.
9 For this reason God highly exalted Him
and gave Him the name
that is above every name,
10 so that at the name of Jesus
every knee will bow—
of those who are in heaven and on earth
and under the earth—
11 and every tongue should confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father. (A solid note here is that this verse actually shows the name of YHWH to be Jesus now, all Greek and Hebrew and Aramaic aside...... Jesus being familiar to us and YHWH being familiar, though some know this as JHVH)

.....to go full ADD, Yehoshewa or Joshua is the actual name of Jesus, but through transliteration and time, we accept Jesus/Yeshewa. He knows what we mean anyways. [emoji6]

-------------------

Jesus was independent and reliant to the Father through humility.

Thus, He was fully God, but fully a man in the Father's eyes.

Jesus was tempted many times by the Devil and the Pharasees to show His true glory, but instead, He relied on His true Father to do the work of the only begotten Son.

Had He powered up, so to speak, He would have failed His purpose. He instead served God and Man to overthrow the Devils power to condemn mankind through disobedience to the Law.

His mortality was Human. His work of surrender to the Father was Human. His Death was Human, but His very soul and Spirit was God.

He was Perfect in every fashion because His perfection was manifested in surrender and humility.

He gloried the Father and mankind with His Love and Humility.

He never glorified Himself, but only the Father gloried the Son for the Son glorying the Father..

This is what fully man and fully God means.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
a9c4b48fbb8ecfdba52ef5c45ba19348.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

keypurr

How about we stop starting new threads of the same question that is being asked in another thread.

The thread with the question was started yesterday.
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118716-Christological-Question-Is-Jesus-really-fully-man

We don't need another thread about the same question.
It's best if we can all discuss the question in the same thread that was started.

Just a friendly request.
I agree, the topic is addressed elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Awesome. I would like to open this thread up from it's perspective and recognize your awesome addition to this thread. Thanks KeyPurr!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
How about we stop starting new threads of the same question that is being asked in another thread.

The thread with the question was started yesterday.
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118716-Christological-Question-Is-Jesus-really-fully-man

We don't need another thread about the same question.
It's best if we can all discuss the question in the same thread that was started.

Just a friendly request.

I did this so the specific information cited would be evaluated.

Other threads are general.

I have cited specifics to rebut or bolster. Is this failed logic?

Aner

Awesome. I would like to open this thread up from it's perspective and recognize your awesome addition to this thread. Thanks KeyPurr!

Since you were addressing my OP - I would greatly appreciate an answer to my simple question -

Can Jesus fully function independent of an incarnated deity - just like you, I and all men function?

Thanks
Aner

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Since you were addressing my OP - I would greatly appreciate an answer to my simple question -

Can Jesus fully function independent of an incarnated deity - just like you, I and all men function?

Thanks
Aner

I am in short answer mode. Will answer on your wonderful OP in the future.

Could you please link back to your OP in a reply. I'm pressed for time.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
the-holy-trinity.jpg

“I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him. I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God.”

There's no way to explain this other than the Trinity.

Notaclue

the-holy-trinity.jpg

“I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him. I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God.”

Gal.3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Rom.9:8. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed(Christians)

Gal.4:26. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

At that time, Christ was a child of the Promise(Holy Spirit) and Son of God.

"And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God.”

Jesus died.

Acts2:32 This Jesus, God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. 34For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says,

“‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at my right hand,
35 until I make your enemies your footstool.”’

36Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus.

Trinitarian View is that God promised Himself (Gal.3:16).

God promised the Son of God.

God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus.

Trinitarian View is God made Jesus......God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ are One and the Same after the fulfilling of the Promise.

Jer.3:16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more. 17At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD,. to Jerusalem:. neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

Lord Jesus Christ......Son of God.

Peace.

keypurr

the-holy-trinity.jpg

Show me how this verse proves the Trinity.

Does it say the Dove is God, does it say the son is God? Nope. it doesn't

try again

daqq

Show me how this verse proves the Trinity.

Does it say the Dove is God, does it say the son is God? Nope. it doesn't

try again

In that passage Yohanan says, "And I knew him not"(!), twice in close connection, in John 1:31 and John 1:33, and it almost seems redundant if it is not that he is doing so for some specific reason. The only legitimate likely reason would be that he is using something similar to what is called a remez-pointer and, if so, he is likely pointing to Isaiah 45:4 and Isaiah 45:5, (or at least the author of the book is pointing the reader to that passage). However, if so, Yohanan is not just quoting a small portion of a well known passage to direct the hearer, (remez-pointer), but rather actually answering to it; for the passage says, "Though you have not known Me", (twice), and Yohanan says, "And I knew him not!", (twice). Interesting . . . :)

Elia

Bs"d

The God of the Christians is JC.

The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, the God of Israel, is Y-H-W-H.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5