I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of New Testament scriptures

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The point I've been making and that Paul made throughout his entire ministry is that the command is there NOW for you not to partake of the Law just as the command was there for Adam not to partake of the Tree. It's the same command, made by the same God for the same reason!

So, I have a question about obeying God's commands....

Because of God's grace you can ask as many questions about obeying His commands as you want. God does want you to obey His commands. Not everyone observes God's commands the same way.

I believe that the commands of God in the Bible will never be other than His commands.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Because of God's grace you can ask as many questions about obeying His commands as you want. God does want you to obey His commands. Not everyone observes God's commands the same way.

I believe that the commands of God in the Bible will never be other than His commands.

Are you intentionally ignoring the obvious point or are you stupid?

Look, you are going to have to start responding to what people say. As it is, you're just a troll, going around reposting the same monotone point over and over again and starting one new thread after another making the exact same point as the last thread.

For the record, I refuse to think that you're stupid. The alternative is worse. You're wasting everyone's time, including your own. But not mine, any more.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Are you intentionally ignoring the obvious point or are you stupid?

Look, you are going to have to start responding to what people say. As it is, you're just a troll, going around reposting the same monotone point over and over again and starting one new thread after another making the exact same point as the last thread.

For the record, I refuse to think that you're stupid. The alternative is worse. You're wasting everyone's time, including your own. But not mine, any more.

Clete, God's Law is about love of God and love of your neighbor. I am here whenever you want to discuss any thread topic. There are different angles and different points that I have been addressing, that are part of a greater whole. The whole is what is God's law and accepting all of God's word, even as a new covenant believer.

Epoisses

Clete, God's Law is about love of God and love of your neighbor. I am here whenever you want to discuss any thread topic. There are different angles and different points that I have been addressing, that are part of a greater whole. The whole is what is God's law and accepting all of God's word, even as a new covenant believer.

Love is not something that you do. The law is about doing, ergo love and law are not the same.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

You've intentionally avoided responding at all to a single point in a single argument I've made. You repeat yourself, you don't discuss. You don't argue your position, you simply state it and then restate it. You're a waste of time.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You've intentionally avoided responding at all to a single point in a single argument I've made. You repeat yourself, you don't discuss. You don't argue your position, you simply state it and then restate it. You're a waste of time.

I have not thought you to be a waste of time at all. May God bless you in your studies and as you live your life for Him. Shalom.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Even atheists show kindness so it is not a sign of being saved.

There are signs of being saved. But convincing you that I am saved is not my goal. Discussing salvation is definitely something I would love to do and enjoy doing with you. God can work in each and every one of us so that we can live lives that are fully surrendered to Him.

Epoisses

There are signs of being saved. But convincing you that I am saved is not my goal. Discussing salvation is definitely something I would love to do and enjoy doing with you. God can work in each and every one of us so that we can live lives that are fully surrendered to Him.

You're in Romans 7. Hopefully you make it to Romans 8 before you are devoured.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're in Romans 7. Hopefully you make it to Romans 8 before you are devoured.

Romans 8:1-4 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Epoisses

Romans 8:1-4 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

You're law keeping will only heap more and more condemnation on your head like burning coals.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're law keeping will only heap more and more condemnation on your head like burning coals.

There is a difference between obeying God and not obeying Him. No Christian should be a transgressor of the law.

I advise you to obey God and Jesus His Son whom He made Lord and Christ.

Epoisses

There is a difference between obeying God and not obeying Him. No Christian should be a transgressor of the law.

I advise you to obey God and Jesus His Son whom He made Lord and Christ.

You're disobeying the gospel in thinking you can keep the law. The Pharisees made the same error.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're disobeying the gospel in thinking you can keep the law. The Pharisees made the same error.

When you hear a command of God, say in the New Testament... do you think that obeying it would be legalism or do you believe you ought to do what God has said?

Perhaps struggling with why people don't obey New Testament commands causes a person to want to find out what they are and where they came from.

Epoisses

When you hear a command of God, say in the New Testament... do you think that obeying it would be legalism or do you believe you ought to do what God has said?

Perhaps struggling with why people don't obey New Testament commands causes a person to want to find out what they are and where they came from.

You're disobedient to the gospel and frustrate the grace of God and resist the Holy Spirit. You have a hat trick.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're disobedient to the gospel and frustrate the grace of God and resist the Holy Spirit. You have a hat trick.

Acts 7:51 NASB - 51 "You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did.

2 Thessalonians 1:8 NASB - 8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

1 Peter 4:17 NASB - 17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Epoisses

Don't forget Galatians 2:21

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Don't forget Galatians 2:21

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 2:21 NASB - 21 "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Firstly, the Old Testament and the Law are not one in the same. Can you rephrase the question please?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Firstly, the Old Testament and the Law are not one in the same. Can you rephrase the question please?

You are correct.

When you read a command of God in the New Testament do you accept it as a command you should observe? Do you believe it is from God's Law or a new covenant command? Are there new covenant commands?