I don't understand why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For a super moderator you are unbelievable

Remember when you stand before the father on your judgment day the day of your death remember to say.. "I have not sinned but let me tell you about deheretic."
When did I claim to have never sinned, you dufus?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:plain: Personally, I wonder why you all took this guy as seriously as you did, for as long as you did. I had him pegged as a waste of thread back on page 2.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:dog::dog::dog:
Delmar you surprise me.. Are You afraid to release the hounds your self?? Are you afraid they might bite you?

Oh yeah Just which hounds do you want released??

Tell you what. I am going to give you one chance to address some of the serious questions people have asked you. If do not give it a shot I'm going to give you a little vacation. So far you are a waste of bandwidth!

Gurucam

According to my sister abortion is wrong it is murdering an unborn child. Personally I feel that I can not impose my beliefs on my fellow man.

According to the ten commandments I learned as a child you are not supposed to kill and there was no except attached to the law, where abortion is murder and in the next breath sit down and support the mass bombing of Iraq killing over 100,000 men women and children and think that is okay and that it is not considered killing because you have taken these lives in God's name
:bang:

I have a few questions based some Catholic beliefs (numbered 1 to 3). Indeed please tell me if I am wrong.

1. It is held by some that when babies or children die they go straight to heaven.

2. It is held that the aim of life on earth is to be saved and delivered into heaven in one's lifetime.

For indeed this will enable one to be not 'dead' and return to earth with Jesus when God's kingdom of heaven descends here.

3. It is held that not every one will make the grade to become saved and delivered.

Therefore if a fetus is aborted,

Is this not a direct short cut to accomplishing the aim of life which is salvation and deliverance for that person (the fetus)?

And is not the alternative a folly?

For the alternative is to not be aborted as a fetus or a baby. And then one must gamble by struggling as an adult to become saved and delivered into heaven with the very real probability that one will not be among the chosen few. Why gamble for hell, when it can be avoided?

Abortion of a fetus seems therefore to be a blessing.

The final question is therefore, why the big fuss about abortion which seem to achieve the purpose of life on earth (under guarantee) for the soul whose physical body is aborted in fetus or babyhood stages?

With most Catholics holding that abortion is bad. Please tell me what am I missing?

Last edited:

deheretic

Tell you what. I am going to give you one chance to address some of the serious questions people have asked you. If do not give it a shot I'm going to give you a little vacation. So far you are a waste of bandwidth!

Delmar Every question has been answer ... just because they are not the answers you are looking for or want does not make them unanswered.

except maybe foolish ones written by ignorant people...

If your EGO (Easing God Out ) sez I am wasting bandwidth So far that is all I have seen you do..Looking forward to the permanent vacation, I was right when i started this is run by cowardly fundamentalist christians .. the next step is to condemn me to hell.. but I doubt that you even know where or what hell is.. much less what sin is..

what would i know I am just deHeretic,

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Delmar Every question has been answer ... just because they are not the answers you are looking for or want does not make them unanswered.

except maybe foolish ones written by ignorant people...

If your EGO (Easing God Out ) sez I am wasting bandwidth So far that is all I have seen you do..Looking forward to the permanent vacation, I was right when i started this is run by cowardly fundamentalist christians .. the next step is to condemn me to hell.. but I doubt that you even know where or what hell is.. much less what sin is..

what would i know I am just deHeretic,

Come back when you are willing to have a dialog!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Its interesting when people point out that pro-lifers are hypocritical for being pro-life but then support war. But it seems like the same people are always pro-abortion and against war.

They aren't against the war. They only opposed overthrowing the Ba'ath party because doing so was just. And abortion advocates are sick demented pieces of garbage. They want to do whatever evil is.

ddevonb

According to the ten commandments I learned as a child you are not supposed to kill and there was no except attached to the law, where abortion is murder and in the next breath sit down and support the mass bombing of Iraq killing over 100,000 men women and children and think that is okay and that it is not considered killing because you have taken these lives in God's name

1.I agree that the Islamic extremists should not be killing in the name of God.

2. Any claim that the the America military did mass bombing of innocents is promoting a fiction. There has never been a time in history when we've had the precision weapons that we do today that allow for a surgical strike of the enemy without causing mass deaths of innocents.
The overwhelming majority of the non combatants who have died, have died at the hands of terrorists who do not discriminate between combatant and civilians. Roadside bombs and suicide bombs are designed to kill anyone near regardless and as a result take mass casualties of civilians.
The majority of of Americans who were wounded or killed were killed by non targeted weapons that killed indiscriminately.
The overwhelming bulk of the enemy casualties came as the result of a very targeted smart bomb or a very targeted bullet.

3. The most obvious that your claims of mass bombing are false... the major Iraqi cities are still standing and daily commerce continues.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
To Town Heretic Your logic is absolutely amazing
Having read through the remainder of your non answers to fairly straight forward inquiry and analogy I can well understand how any logic would seem so to you.

Do better if you return to us...or if you cannot, please do not. :e4e:

Gurucam

Again that is very true having been in law enforcement you soon realize law enforcement really has little morality it boils down to is "We are the good guys, they are the bad guys, and the good guys get the bad guys see?"

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your point of view, abortion is legal.. do you have the right to condemn them on your moral values?

Indeed Deheretic.

It seems to me that it is those who take it as their right to condemn everyone according to their own religious or personal morality were responsible for the event of September 11th in N.Y. city.

If we have such people like that in the U.S.A., even if they are of a different religion, it seem appropriate for them to be sent off to war with those of like (extreme and absolutist) approaches to life and religion. For they are the ones through their desire to impose their respective religious ideologies unilaterally onto to everyone is fanning the flames of both local and international discord and even terrorism.

Is there any other just way than for extremists to meet extremists head on and leave peace loving people alone.

It seems to me that the judiciary and the judicial laws of the land is the appropriate forum to determine such matters. Laws of any kind when associated with religion or spiritualism 'killeth' (destroys spiritual awareness and intuitive actualization).

Gurucam

Arrogant, as well as judgmental. Quite a combination.

Not as bad as when a Christian is judgmental and also dispense punishment onto others. Isn't a Christian, one who 'turns the other cheek'.

Don't you agree?

So if one does not 'turn the other cheek' and live peacefully, can one be Christian?

And is it not worse when you are judge in your own cause against another and you dispense punishment as well.

Normal

Not as bad as when a Christian is judgmental and also dispense punishment onto others. Isn't a Christian, one who 'turns the other cheek'.

Don't you agree?

So if one does not 'turn the other cheek' and live peacefully, can one be Christian?

And is it not worse when you are judge in your own cause against another and you dispense punishment as well.

You cannot boil christianity to just turning the other cheek.
And yes you can be a christian if you don't always turn the other cheek. :box:

Everybody judges other people.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have a few questions based some Catholic beliefs (numbered 1 to 3). Indeed please tell me if I am wrong.

1. It is held by some that when babies or children die they go straight to heaven.

2. It is held that the aim of life on earth is to be saved and delivered into heaven in one's lifetime.

For indeed this will enable one to be not 'dead' and return to earth with Jesus when God's kingdom of heaven descends here.

3. It is held that not every one will make the grade to become saved and delivered.

Therefore if a fetus is aborted,

Is this not a direct short cut to accomplishing the aim of life which is salvation and deliverance for that person (the fetus)?

And is not the alternative a folly?

For the alternative is to not be aborted as a fetus or a baby. And then one must gamble by struggling as an adult to become saved and delivered into heaven with the very real probability that one will not be among the chosen few. Why gamble for hell, when it can be avoided?

Abortion of a fetus seems therefore to be a blessing.

The final question is therefore, why the big fuss about abortion which seem to achieve the purpose of life on earth (under guarantee) for the soul whose physical body is aborted in fetus or babyhood stages?

With most Catholics holding that abortion is bad. Please tell me what am I missing?

Gurucam
I guess you did not get the private message that I sent you. I gave the infraction to you by mistake and I reversed the ban as soon as I figured out how to do it. Again I am sorry for the mistake.

Gurucam

Gurucam
I guess you did not get the private message that I sent you. I gave the infraction to you by mistake and I reversed the ban as soon as I figured out how to do it. Again I am sorry for the mistake.

Yes I got it,

However there remains still, a two point infraction on my user cp.

What does this all mean?

Gurucam

You cannot boil christianity to just turning the other cheek.

I suspect that Christianity is founded on exactly 'turning the other cheek'. And indeed there seem to few Christians about.

Originally posted by Normal:
And yes you can be a christian if you don't always turn the other cheek. :box:

It does take real faith in God to always 'turn the other cheek'. I suspect that within one's heart one must 'turn the other cheek' and on the physical side one must simply and none judgmentally cooperate with the judicial system and let it take its own course.

Originally posted by Normal:
Everybody judges other people.

In judging another, how would one know whether or not that person is led into his action by the Holy Spirit?

For Christians are people who are led directly and individually by the mind of the Holy Spirit as discerned by them within their own heart. And they have God given freedom, liberty, justification and glorification way beyond all others who may or may not be led by ideals and laws, like those of Moses.

Last edited:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
For Christians are people who are led directly and individually by the mind of the Holy Spirit....... "as discerned by them"......[/HTML] within their own heart. And they have God given freedom, liberty, justification and glorification....."way beyond all others".... who may or may not be led by ideals and laws, like those of Moses.

So, what are you trying to say?

The individual makes this decision "as discerned by them" (this message or guidance by God) and they are "way beyond all others"??? Those that follow the laws of the land?

So a Christian hears this or sees this special message (that no one else can hear or see) and can come to some decision to take action and they are "way beyond" the people that follow the law? Above the law!

You do realize that there are people in prison that used this as a defense in court don't you?

And some that are in institutions for the mentally disabled!

Quincy

So, what are you trying to say?

The individual makes this decision "as discerned by them" (this message or guidance by God) and they are "way beyond all others"??? Those that follow the laws of the land?

So a Christian hears this or sees this special message (that no one else can hear or see) and can come to some decision to take action and they are "way beyond" the people that follow the law? Above the law!

You do realize that there are people in prison that used this as a defense in court don't you?

And some that are in institutions for the mentally disabled!

The problem is heirarchy within the establishment, in most cases. A corrupt sheppard with aspirations of power manipulates people into thinking they are above the law, but the teachings clearly say to obey the law of the land. If you aren't happy with the law, you use power of speech and vote to try to change it. I don't know what brings about the vigilante mindset, but I suppose they lose faith with the system and try to take it into their own hands. Then doing whatever it takes to not take the blame, even going so far to blame god. Just because there are wicked people who claim to live in the spirit, doesn't make it so. I know plenty of people including myself that do that and breaking the law is the farthest thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.