I don't understand why

Status
Not open for further replies.

deheretic

Actually EMETH is correct, a more correct translation of the Hebrew is "murder" not "kill" and that is from friends who know Hebrew.

According to your reading of the text then God tells His own people (in the next chapter no less) to break His Law to uphold the Law. Exodus 21:12-17 KJV .

Edit: Cool! 1,000th post! :)

If you want to define killing as murder then pulling a trigger or dropping a bomb with the intention of doing harm and killing someone then it is murder

As for all these old testament quotes Why don't you dig out what jesus had to say about them..

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As I see it there is no such thing as a just war..
interesting that you are in the position to determine that.
I am not in the position to determine if an abortion is of convince or not..
Not in every case, but I believe if you thought about it for a while, you could make a determination, in most cases.
I am only accountable for my actions.
Correct! The action that you are accountable for is excusing the murder of the innocent!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually EMETH is correct, a more correct translation of the Hebrew is "murder" not "kill" and that is from friends who know Hebrew.

According to your reading of the text then God tells His own people (in the next chapter no less) to break His Law to uphold the Law. Exodus 21:12-17 KJV .

Edit: Cool! 1,000th post! :)

It is just that simple to show, through context alone, that "thou shall not murder" must be the correct translation.
deheretic will, of coarse, immediately return his head to the sand, without considering this point.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Some times I need a good laugh Just checked my moral compass it is working just fine,,
Arrogant, as well as judgmental. Quite a combination.
and I hope I am smart enough spiritually not to put my self in the position of judging my fellow man,
It is true we are admonished to refrain from spiritually judging our fellow man. With God's law and moral righteousness, we are obligated to judge his fleshly actions and apply justice accordingly.

deheretic

It is just that simple to show, through context alone, that "thou shall not murder" must be the correct translation.
deheretic will, of coarse, immediately return his head to the sand, without considering this point.

You make a lot of assumptions.. The validity of your assumptions leaves room for question

koban

Seriously dude - five pages of dodging the question - is that really the impression you want people to get of you?

koban

You make a lot of assumptions.. The validity of your assumptions leaves room for question

What assumptions does he make?

What is the obvious conclusion to draw if you don't make the assumption that the original Hebrew is best translated as "murder" instead of "kill" and then read later in the same chapter that God instructs man to kill?

That He was just kidding?

That He's confused?

That He's schizophrenic?

deheretic

Where in the Bible does "Thou Shalt Not Kill" appear?

Old Testament or New Testament?

interesting that you are in the position to determine that.Not in every case, but I believe if you thought about it for a while, you could make a determination, in most cases.
Correct! The action that you are accountable for is excusing the murder of the innocent!

For a super moderator you are unbelievable

Remember when you stand before the father on your judgment day the day of your death remember to say.. "I have not sinned but let me tell you about deheretic."

deheretic

Read your bible

Read your bible

Where in the Bible does "Thou Shalt Not Kill" appear?

Old Testament or New Testament?

So whaddya think Del - how long should I cut the noob some slack before I start mocking him?

It appears in various translations without differentiation. One has to refer to the original manuscripts where the words translated as "kill" were used.

:doh: No - I mean which Testament?

(I fixed my post above to better clarify my meaning)

Well deheretic? This question was put to you:

Seriously dude - five pages of dodging the question - is that really the impression you want people to get of you?

Be gentle.

What assumptions does he make?

What is the obvious conclusion to draw if you don't make the assumption that the original Hebrew is best translated as "murder" instead of "kill" and then read later in the same chapter that God instructs man to kill?

That He was just kidding?

That He's confused?

That He's schizophrenic?

You need to put some serious time reading your bible and meditating on what is said .. Repent.. repent for the kingdom of God is at hand..

deheretic

what??

what??

The only room for a doubt on this question, is in your empty head!
Koban, release the hounds!
:dog::dog::dog:
Delmar you surprise me.. Are You afraid to release the hounds your self?? Are you afraid they might bite you?

Oh yeah Just which hounds do you want released??

Status
Not open for further replies.