I am disgusted!

JoyfulRook

Mr. 5020 said:
Do you believe that every single NYPD officer wanted to run into that burning building?
No. Not every police officer wants to defend the Hospice either. Not every Nazi wanted to kill jews. And if they personally did not pull the trigger, they are still just as guilty.

"I was just obeying orders." That didn't fly at the Nuremburg Trials, It shouldn't fly here.

Mr. 5020

Dread Helm said:
No. Not every police officer wants to defend the Hospice either. Not every Nazi wanted to kill jews. And if they personally did not pull the trigger, they are still just as guilty.

"I was just obeying orders." That didn't fly at the Nuremburg Trials, It shouldn't fly here.
Not much of a comparison there. The police officers are enforcing the wishes of the family, not just the government.

JoyfulRook

Mr. 5020 said:
Not much of a comparison there. The police officers are enforcing the wishes of the family, not just the government.
The wishes of the family don't matter. God's wishes matter. If Terri had left a written directive it still wouldn't matter. She should still live whether she wants to or not. That's why suicide is against God's law.

Mr. 5020

Dread Helm said:
The wishes of the family don't matter. God's wishes matter. If Terri had left a written directive it still wouldn't matter. She should still live whether she wants to or not. That's why suicide is against God's law.
It is not suicide if you're already dying and you let it happen. Is refusing chemotherapy suicide? As per a popular pastor that is often quoted here, she should have just died when she collapsed on the floor in her home, as she should not have been kept alive by life support.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who is the murderer they are protecting? The government and the family have BOTH asked the police to stop people from coming inside.
You are as dense as granite. I guess we can call you "chip off the 'ol granite". Protecting someone who is in the process of being murdered, and protecting a murderer are the same thing. You don't see it, do you?

They were trying to save people who were being murdered.
So you see the difference between protecting people being murdered and saving people being murdered? If you do, you'll understand why the different sets of cops get different treatment.

JoyfulRook

Mr. 5020 said:
It is not suicide if you're already dying and you let it happen.
Terri is not dying.
As per a popular pastor that is often quoted here, she should have just died when she collapsed on the floor in her home, as she should not have been kept alive by life support.
No. You've misunderstood the message. When you are old, sick, and feeble, and dying of old age, a terminal illness, injuries, and the best you can do is give them another month or so, you have no obligation to keep that person alive on a ventilator. Or is you are 50 and your heart stops you have no family and you have advanced heart diease you have no obligation to give CPR and keep him alive for another 6mo's until his heart blows. (these are just examples and don't HAVE to happen this exact way for the principle to be understood)

However a 40 yo mom who is seriously injured in a car crash and must be rushed to the hospital to live is good. You shouldn't just let her die. Or in Terri's case: an eating disorder that leaves you unconscious and not breathing, should be saved, whether she is able to continue a normal life or be a vegetable, you still have the obligation to rescue that person.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is not suicide if you're already dying and you let it happen. Is refusing chemotherapy suicide? As per a popular pastor that is often quoted here, she should have just died when she collapsed on the floor in her home, as she should not have been kept alive by life support.
Again, displaying your granite-like properties. She wasn't already dying. Food and water isn't medical treatment anymore than your lunch is medical treatment. Chemotherapy is medical treatment. The difference between a terminal patient being allowed to die, and treating a medical emergency I'm sure is far outside of your willful ignorance to comprehend.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
As per a popular pastor that is often quoted here, she should have just died when she collapsed on the floor in her home, as she should not have been kept alive by life support.
Where do you get that idea? Why didn't you quote the "often quoted" pastor? Frankly, I'm disappointed and surprised at you, Mr. 5020.
Bob Enyart said:
Of course we can’t always determine immediately the extent of damage, and if we don’t revive someone who can perhaps fully recover over time, then the default position is that they should die because of an unhealthy bias against revival. From what you’ve written, I think that you and I agree that it is wrong to kill someone, but not wrong to let a dying man die. However, I’d like to try to pull you further to the side of erring on the side of life even in those precious moments when life-saving actions must be taken.

Quoted from this post.

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020, would you give a dying man/woman one last drink of water? If she's really dying, why hold water from her?

Terri's blood will be on the police mens hands, because they are allowing an innocent life to be taken. They're "just doing their jobs," and the consequence is the blood of the innocent.

You are saying that it's okay for the Terri's blood to be on their hands.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
ShadowMaid said:
That is not a relevant reason to hold water from her if she's really dying. Use a tube if need be.
... which would violate the standing order of the court.

So we've gone full circle and the woman dies while your deity, and his followers, appear powerless to do anything but gripe on web forums and try to garner a few moments of television coverage...

ShadowMaid

Zakath said:
... which would violate the standing order of the court.

So we've gone full circle and the woman dies while your deity, and his followers, appear powerless to do anything but gripe on web forums and try to garner a few moments of television coverage...

You want to know something, Zakath? Perhaps you don't, but I'm going to tell you that you can go ahead and think all we want is to yell and scream and get the spotlight. At least I know it isn't the true reason. You've been told that's not what we want, and it's true, even if you don't want to believe it. I'm not going to force it upon you.

Gods laws are what counts, not mans court laws.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
ShadowMaid said:
You want to know something, Zakath?
Probably not, but I think you're going to tell me anyway, right?

Perhaps you don't, but I'm going to tell you that you can go ahead and think all we want is to yell and scream and get the spotlight.
I already have. The actions of you and your heroes demonstrate the truth of my comments...

At least I know it isn't the true reason. You've been told that's not what we want, and it's true, even if you don't want to believe it.
Talk is cheap. Show me...

Gods laws are what counts, not mans court laws.
But in this case, puny human law will prevail over the alleged "laws" of your deity.

ShadowMaid

Zakath said:
Probably not, but I think you're going to tell me anyway, right?

I already have. The actions of you and your heroes demonstrate the truth of my comments...

Now, you can go ahead and think that. I know a lot of other people probably view it as such.

Talk is cheap. Show me...

I doubt you would believe me then.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
I will.

So do I.

So you've got nothing but talk... :rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised? :ha:

In honor of Felloeship week I will be as "nice" as possible. Your ideas are foolish and mocking of God. On Judgement Day you will stand before God and be accountable for all of the mocking and wicked things you said here. Have a geat day :e4e:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Wamba the Fool said:
In honor of Felloeship week I will be as "nice" as possible.
How kind of you.

Your ideas are foolish and mocking of God.
Only in the opinion of a religionist.

On Judgement Day you will stand before God and be accountable for all of the mocking and wicked things you said here.
Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. :)

Have a geat day :e4e:
And you, as well. :D