How to tell if you're a Marxist

Arthur Brain

I know, Artie. I have google, too, and I can actually look things up.

Perhaps I've offended you. One can only guess.

Offended me by what, having a bizarre idea about what constitutes slang in England? Hardly, though it is kinda laughable when you go on about stuff being girly...

Um, yes they are.

Um, no they aren't GD:

Flapjack:

A flapjack, muesli bar, cereal bar, or granola bar is a sweet tray-baked oat bar made from rolled oats, butter, brown sugar and golden syrup.

Pancake:

A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round, prepared from a starch-based batter that may contain eggs, milk and butter and cooked on a hot surface such as a griddle or frying pan, often frying with oil or butter

Maybe it's different over the pond but over here a flapjack certainly isn't a pancake. Far from it.

glorydaz

Offended me by what, having a bizarre idea about what constitutes slang in England? Hardly, though it is kinda laughable when you go on about stuff being girly...

Um, no they aren't GD:

Flapjack:

A flapjack, muesli bar, cereal bar, or granola bar is a sweet tray-baked oat bar made from rolled oats, butter, brown sugar and golden syrup.

Pancake:

A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round, prepared from a starch-based batter that may contain eggs, milk and butter and cooked on a hot surface such as a griddle or frying pan, often frying with oil or butter

Maybe it's different over the pond but over here a flapjack certainly isn't a pancake. Far from it.

Last I checked, I'm on this side of the pond. Stop being such a nerd, smarty pants. :nono:

https://recipeland.com/recipe/v/american-style-flapjacks-pancak-1142

Arthur Brain

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Um, no they aren't.
It means both, smartypants.
c77b25e3bb659f33749ee11a328d6e90.jpg

glorydaz

And I'm on this side of it so get a grip and stop talking as if you know anything about "Brit slang" cos ya don't. The actual slang there was "cos" and "ya" and if you want anything resembling a pancake if ever visiting in the UK then don't order a flapjack, got it?

Don't get yourself worked into a dither. I have no desire to go over there...too many odd ducks.

glorydaz

And I'm on this side of it so get a grip and stop talking as if you know anything about "Brit slang" cos ya don't. The actual slang there was "cos" and "ya" and if you want anything resembling a pancake if ever visiting in the UK then don't order a flapjack, got it?

I'll tell you what I've got. I've got you pegged for a snob with no class whatsoever.

Your "English" sucks, too.

Arthur Brain

I'll tell you what I've got. I've got you pegged for a snob with no class whatsoever.

Your "English" sucks, too.

Then you ain't got much GD, cos I despise snobbery. It's not like I'm in the 'upper echelons' of society and nor would I wanna be so delude yourself as you want.

My "English" only "sucks" to folk like you who seem to think they're experts on language when they aren't. You don't even know what constitutes slang.

glorydaz

Then you ain't got much GD, cos I despise snobbery. It's not like I'm in the 'upper echelons' of society and nor would I wanna be so delude yourself as you want.

My "English" only "sucks" to folk like you who seem to think they're experts on language when they aren't. You don't even know what constitutes slang.

See what I mean? You only think you are something special. Which is my point.