HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfrodobagginsx

Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer at the bottom of it to God from your heart. Accept His free gift of savation. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

lifeisgood

The first part of your post (which is basically a repitition of the Four Spiritual Laws tract, the so-called "Romans Road") was at least partially informative. Point #4, however, begs the following question:
Where does the New Testament teach that by reciting a prayer---even if you "meant it with all of your heart"---you thereby "become a child of God and will go to heaven when you die"?
Indeed, this seems to run counter to what the Bible actually says about people becoming Christians in the New Testament. (Consider, for example, Peter's answer when asked what one must do to be saved in Acts 2:37-41.)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" (Rom 10:9)

That for me is reciting a prayer. I will recite that prayer for you: "I, lifeisgood, confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord, and [I, lifeisgood] believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead." And because of God's promise in His Word, I am saved.

Saying words, save NO one. BELIEVING the recited words of the prayer, saves ALL who recite the prayer because they BELIEVED ALREADY.

You can accept what the Word of God states or you can reject that.

xfrodobagginsx

Although you don't have to say the prayer to be saved, it is a way of expressing your belief that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and that you accept that gift as payment for your sins and that you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

xfrodobagginsx

Did Jesus have a Wife? No. What about the recent Document found that says that he had a wife? It wasn't even written until 400 years AFTER Jesus and the Eyewitnesses lived. It Contradicts the Actual Eyewitness Testimonies of the Bible. It's
a hoax. Nothing More. Who knows better? The Eyewitnesses who were Actually There or Someone who didn't live until 400 years later and wasn't even there? Just another attack on Christianity. Do you see Christians going around killing people because of it? Nope.

xfrodobagginsx

"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" (Rom 10:9)

That for me is reciting a prayer. I will recite that prayer for you: "I, lifeisgood, confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord, and [I, lifeisgood] believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead." And because of God's promise in His Word, I am saved.

Saying words, save NO one. BELIEVING the recited words of the prayer, saves ALL who recite the prayer because they BELIEVED ALREADY.

You can accept what the Word of God states or you can reject that.

It sounds like it doesn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.