HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeneve

I am 100% sure that I would not go to heaven if I died today. Rather, I would look forward to spending eternity on earth.

Jesus said the meek will inherit the earth (Matthew 5:5) quoting Psalms 37:10-11. And Psalms 37:29 adds: "and will dwell therein forever."

amen to this! humans do NOT go to heaven or hell when they die. they are dead until the resurrection. It is at this point that we will be judged

Cruciform

never said anything about soul sleep.
Close enough, theologically speaking.

learn to read please.
Learn the difference between an ad hominem barb and an actual argument.

...and to expand on your thoughts without using links. explain yourself in YOUR words, not someone else's.
Unfortunately, you don't possess the authority to dictate to other members of TOL the structure and content of their posts. Sorry for your confusion.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

jeneve

Close enough, theologically speaking.

Learn the difference between an ad hominem barb and an actual argument.

Unfortunately, you don't possess the authority to dictate to other members of TOL the structure and content of their posts. Sorry for your confusion.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

no confusion here. except you dont seem to have the knowlegde to carry on a meaningful debate. let me know when you get better at it

Cruciform

no confusion here. except you dont seem to have the knowlegde to carry on a meaningful debate. let me know when you get better at it
What "debate"? You posted your claims in Post #61 without any supporting documentary proof whatsoever. I simply responded in kind. (In fact, unlike yourself, I actually provided some source material.) And now here you are trying to back me off with nothing but emotive ad hominem rhetoric. Sorry, not impressed. As you wrote: let me know when you get better at it.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

jeneve

What "debate"? You posted your claims in Post #61 without any supporting documentary proof whatsoever. I simply responded in kind. (In fact, unlike yourself, I actually provided some source material.) And now here you are trying to back me off with nothing but emotive ad hominem rhetoric. Sorry, not impressed. As you wrote: let me know when you get better at it.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

you provided sources not from the bible. therefore your points are invalid. not trying to get you to back off, just know a little more about the discussion.

The soul that sins shall DIE.
For the dead know nothing.
Who in the grave shall give you thanks?
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing.
For God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosever believes in Him shall not PERISH, but shall have ETERNAL LIFE.

so you see, we do not go to heaven or hell, but are dead. Knowing nothing until the resurrection.

keypurr

you provided sources not from the bible. therefore your points are invalid. not trying to get you to back off, just know a little more about the discussion.

For God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosever believes in Him shall not PERISH, but shall have ETERNAL LIFE.

so you see, we do not go to heaven or hell, but are dead. Knowing nothing until the resurrection.

You have truth my friend. Most do not wish to accept that.

Cruciform

you provided sources not from the bible.
You provided neither. In any case, the sources I did provide are filled with biblical texts and arguments, so your excuse simply falls flat.

Already answered in the material cited in my earlier post.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

jeneve

You provided neither. In any case, the sources I did provide are filled with biblical texts and arguments, so your excuse simply falls flat.

Already answered in the material cited in my earlier post.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

the material isnt from the bible, you gave no direct quotes from it. so your excuse simply falls flat.

jeneve

LOL. I just read your "story". it was so full of nonsense as to be laughable. Sorry, but God means EXACTLY what He says. no need to twist the words to fit your beliefs. maybe you should change your beliefs to fit what He says.

Cruciform

the material isnt from the bible, you gave no direct quotes from it.
Hmm...how much "material" from the Bible and "direct quotations" did you provide in Post #61...? Exactly. In any case, as already observed, the material I cited is filled with biblical texts and arguments. Try again.

(If you have no substantive answer to the sources I cited, just say so.)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

LOL. I just read your "story". it was so full of nonsense as to be laughable. Sorry, but God means EXACTLY what He says. no need to twist the words to fit your beliefs. maybe you should change your beliefs to fit what He says.
  • who are you talking to? (If you don't use the 'quote' button, no one knows who you're addressing.)
  • to what "story" are you referring, specifically...?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

jeneve

• who are you talking to? (If you don't use the 'quote' button, no one knows who you're addressing.)
  • to what "story" are you referring, specifically...?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

:duh: who else other than you would I be addressing? no one else here. and as to the story, I mean all that nonsense you tried to palm off as fact. You need to get your facts from the bible itself, not from some twisted version someone spoon feeds you.

keypurr

:duh: who else other than you would I be addressing? no one else here. and as to the story, I mean all that nonsense you tried to palm off as fact. You need to get your facts from the bible itself, not from some twisted version someone spoon feeds you.

He falls for anything the church tells him,

Cruciform

who else other than you would I be addressing?
Who would know? There are lots of people on this thread.

no one else here.
Have you even read this thread...?

...and as to the story, I mean all that nonsense you tried to palm off as fact.
Your wholly non-authoritative and non-binding opinion is noted.

You need to get your facts from the bible itself...
"...from the Bible" as authoritatively and bindingly interpreted by whom, exactly? By you, or by Christ's historic Church?

...not from some twisted version someone spoon feeds you.
Sorry, but I'll take the authoritative teachings of Christ's historic Church over your opinions and preferences any day.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

He falls for anything the church tells him,
...just like Christians did in the 1st-century Apostolic Period (Lk. 10:16; 1 Jn. 4:6). Where did you ever get the notion that believers are free to deny or reject the authoritative teachings of Christ's own historic Church? :confused:

(It's okay. keypurr's just frustrated that no one is falling for anything that keypurr tells them... :darwinsm: )

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Status
Not open for further replies.