HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheila B

Comical eh?...that a protestant 'custom' and 'improvization' would be attributed to the Mother Church. -the audacity! :crackup:
:chuckle: ain't it grand?
In general there is nothing inherently wrong or evil with asking sweet Jesus into your heart! By all means any sincere gesture and surrender to 'God' is acceptable to him, with a pure motive and right intent. God looks at the heart, the disposition of spirit. Whether He comes in of his own accord or you have anything to do with it, your 'co-operation' is always a part of the process :)

pj
right

but it was a good laugh anyway!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
seeing and entering the kingdom NOW

seeing and entering the kingdom NOW

~*~*~

I find the thread-title a bit funny as well, as when one 'dies' they find themselves in that locality that their very soul-condition determines at that moment in time, so that in the 'transition' there is no getting anywhere but where you already are - now from that point in time onwards...you can get a handle on where you're at, and from there make 'psychic adjustments' about what you can do to change or re-orient your situation, direction, destiny, etc.

pj

Glenda

Comical eh?...that a protestant 'custom' and 'improvization' would be attributed to the Mother Church. -the audacity! :crackup:

In general there is nothing inherently wrong or evil with asking sweet Jesus into your heart! By all means any sincere gesture and surrender to 'God' is acceptable to him, with a pure motive and right intent. God looks at the heart, the disposition of spirit. Whether He comes in of his own accord or you have anything to do with it, your 'co-operation' is always a part of the process :)

pj

Yep :) No forced entry :)
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Yep :) No forced entry :)
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Pretty clear eh. Its in the "hearing", and then the response-ability to call on 'God' in whose Presence is salvation.

pj

Wretchedman

Yes if we ask Him into our heart we will be saved. The prayer does this:

Ro 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
.......For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

Not everyone will be saved:

Joh 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

We don't "ask Him into our heart" the verse you quote says nothing of the sort.. The verse says "confess" He is lord meaning He is already the lord you just have to recognize it. Then believe in your heart meaning you have to trust Him completely.. Confession does not mean prayer and it especially doesn't mean to say some general prayer for everyone.. All you have to do is recognize you are a sinner in need of a savior and repent meaning to "confess" and apologizes for your sins then turn from them and put your trust in Jesus.

If a prayer breaks out while your being saved then so be it. But I don't see anywhere in the Bible were it says to prayer for salvation. Actually if an unregenerate prays God wont hear it anyway.. John 9:31, Proverbs 28:9, Proverbs 1:27,28....

You can't pray for salvation you have to repent like Jesus said and put your trust in Him. Then you pray like no bodies business.. :)

xfrodobagginsx

I will agree that you don't have to say that prayer to be saved, but you certainly can and will be saved if you pray that prayer to God from your heart and the prayer is biblical since it does cover everything that the bible requires for salvation.

Here is the prayer let's compare it with the scriptures:

"1)Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. 2)I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. 3) I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

Let's do check the scriptures.

1) Ro 10:9 Because if you confess the Lord Jesus...

The prayer does this

2) and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead,

The prayer does this if from the heart

3) you shall be saved.

The prayer does this

2) For with the heart one believes unto righteousness

If you say the prayer from your heart this will happen

and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.

The prayer does this. You pray with your mouth.

Ro 10:13 For everyone, "whoever shall call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

The prayer does this so for you to say that it's not biblical is untrue. Praying for salvation is calling upon the name of the Lord.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Spirit in-formation.........

Spirit in-formation.........

...or your kidneys.

Stuart

Each organ of the body is analogous to a spiritual meaning/function or significance, after all,....the body is the temple of the Spirit.

pj

oatmeal

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will confess to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, accept Him as Lord and Savior and believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead you will be saved.

Joh 1:12 “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please humble yourself before God and pray this prayer to Him from your heart:

"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

Yes, I am sure of that.

I did Romans 10:9-10.

I confessed with my mouth the lord Jesus and believed in my heart that God raised him from the dead.

And I have proof of that.

oatmeal.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
religious proofs........

religious proofs........

Yes, I am sure of that.

I did Romans 10:9-10.

I confessed with my mouth the lord Jesus and believed in my heart that God raised him from the dead.

And I have proof of that.

oatmeal.

A 'confession' and 'faith' may be a 'start' on the spiritual path, but the 'proof' comes via 'personal experience'.....your own 'resurrection' and 'ascension'.

pj

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The fact is if you passed from unbelief to belief, you passed from death to life.

Jesus did all the work! Anybody disagree with that?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Why does it say heart and kidneys in Revelation then?

Stuart

20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22 So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.
-Rev. 2:20-23

Various 'translations' use the word 'mind' or 'reins' instead of 'kidney'...relating thoughts, desires, intentions, emotions of the soul.

"Reins", "Heart", "Mind" or "Emotions" ?

Spiritual meaning of kidneys

Kidney correspondence

pj

xfrodobagginsx

You can have a GENUINE relationship with God. He will NEVER leave you nor forsake you. Please accept His offer of Salavation. You will never regret it.

Nick Hallandale

BANNED
Banned
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Let me get this straight.
All men are sinners.
All men are condemned to death by God because they are sinners.
The wages of sin is death.
Jesus ransomed mankind from the death penalty of Divine Justice by dying for our sins.

How does this next Scripture fit into your theology?
Leviticus 27:29
No one doomed to death under the claim of divine justice, who is to be completely destroyed from among men, shall be ransomed from suffering the death penalty; he shall surely be put to death.

In light of this Scripture how could Jesus die for your sins? Remember Scripture cannot be broken.

xfrodobagginsx

You need to remember that we are no longer under the law. Jesus fulfilled the law, breaking the curse of the law. Because Jesus died and rose from the dead, we are under grace, therefore, we aren't under the law. Secondly, this verse is referring to physical death, not spiritual death, so the premise is wrong in the first place. Jesus came to lift the curse of Spiritual death. The curse of physical death won't be lifted until after the Judgment. By accepting Jesus you are accepting the pardon for your crimes against God (sins). Legally, you won't have to go to hell (prison) for your crimes. I'm not trying to judge you or anyone else. I am also a sinner and worthy of hell. However, I have accepted the pardon that Jesus offers all men, therefore, I won't have to pay the penalty of death (separation).

Death=Separation

Physical death-Separation from the body
Spiritual death-Separation from God

xfrodobagginsx

The fact is if you passed from unbelief to belief, you passed from death to life.

Jesus did all the work! Anybody disagree with that?

Nope! The prayer merely sums up what the bible says regarding salvation. I've never said that praying "a set prayer" was a requirement for salvation, but it is a good way to accept God's gift of salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.