How the Gospel Interprets the Bible

God's Truth

No, if you have faith, you will have works. Ephesians 2:10.

You are your own workmanship.

Read the whole chapter. Paul just got through thanking the Ephesians for treating the disciples good. They probably welcomed them in their homes, fed them, washed their clothes, gave them money.

Paul says that those kinds of works we do too after we are saved, but the those things are not what saved the Ephesians. One must repent of their sins to get saved.

Robert Pate

Banned
Read the whole chapter. Paul just got through thanking the Ephesians for treating the disciples good. They probably welcomed them in their homes, fed them, washed their clothes, gave them money.

Paul says that those kinds of works we do too after we are saved, but the those things are not what saved the Ephesians. One must repent of their sins to get saved.

Repenting is a work and saves no one. The works that you are doing are of the flesh. You don't understand the Gospel and I don't think that you want to.

popsthebuilder

A lot of people don't fear death but there are things worse than death.

Only a person such as yourself would call someone a liar on the Internet.

You lost your fearless stance. I think your picture that you posted shows your puffy eyes and you look like you cry a lot.
There are things worse than the death of the body....such as eternal destruction of the soul.

Your little personal stabs are noted....just barely though as I promise you they do not phase me.

If you want to know my character then just ask.

Fact is i didn't cry from a point in early childhood up until I received faith in GOD. I didn't cry when my actual dad died whom I was very close to. I thought I had disconnected from and broken that capacity long ago, up until I received faith at which time tears flowed like a torent with no thought of attempt to even have a capacity to stop them. Not that it is your business but I was changed then; and though I always had some sort of compassionate side; after that day I was different internally. I do cry now at times.....that is the main reason I do not regularly visit church buildings. It is always related to empathy or witnessing truth....I cannot explain it and cannot control it.

That has zero to do with the fact that I do not and would not, nor ever will fear you one ioda, in person or otherwise.

Your haught is laughable....but sad too.

Why has this become some personal exchange instead of you sharing the truth that you claim to love?.....you seem to conflate yourself with GOD'S actual truth. you stand in stark contrast to the Truth of GOD on a few issues and in your own actual word, which is deed across the internet.

Why not just share what you said you would which you said you love to do? How is not doing such not two separate lies?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

There are things worse than the death of the body....such as eternal destruction of the soul.

Your little personal stans are noted....just barely though as I promise you they do not phase me.

If you want to know my character then just ask.

Fact is i didn't cry from a point in early childhood up until I received faith in GOD. I didn't cry when my actual dad died whom I was very close to. I thought I had disconnected from and broken that capacity long ago, up until I received faith at which time years flowed like a torent with no thought of attempt to even have a capacity to stop them. Not that it is your business but I was changed then; and though I always had some sort of compassionate side; after that day I was different internally. I do cry now at times.....that is the main reason I do not regularly visit church buildings. It is always related to empathy or witnessing truth....I cannot explain it and cannot control it.

That has zero to do with the fact that I do not and would not, nor ever will fear you one ioda, in person or otherwise.

Your haught is laughable....but sad too.

Why has this become some personal exchange instead of you sharing the truth that you claim to love?.....you seem to conflate yourself with GOD'S actual truth. you stand in stark contrast to the Truth of GOD on a few issues and in your own actual word, which is deed across the internet.

Why not just share what you said you would which you said you love to do? How is not doing such not two separate lies?

I will try to force myself to read this long reply later.

Again, calling someone a liar on the Internet and they write back a long crybaby post does nothing for a defense.

popsthebuilder

"No, if you have faith, you will have works. Ephesians 2:10"

The above I agree with;

"You are your own workmanship"

What do you mean by the above?

Ephesians 2: 10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Still laughable

Still sad

Posps,

You are the only one who has been trying to put up with her arrogant behavior.

And she does not even appreciate it, on the contrary, she continues vicious behavior because you don't agree with her assessment.

Yes, it is sad, indeed.

I don't understand how people say that works are not required but then say "if you have faith, you will have works."

IF
having faith means you will have works

THEN
if you don't have works, you must be lacking faith.

In other words, if faith produces works, then they come as a package deal. If they come as a package deal, isn't it splitting hairs to say "works are not required"?

To use an analogy, it's like saying you are required to jump in the water, and jumping in the water will make you wet. But it's not required that you be wet, just that you jump in the water.

Well, um, if you're not wet, then you probably didn't jump in the water now did you?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't understand how people say that works are not required but then say "if you have faith, you will have works."

IF

THEN

In other words, if faith produces works, then they come as a package deal. If they come as a package deal, isn't it splitting hairs to say "works are not required"?

To use an analogy, it's like saying you are required to jump in the water, and jumping in the water will make you wet. But it's not required that you be wet, just that you jump in the water.

Well, um, if you're not wet, then you probably didn't jump in the water now did you?

excellent:)

God's Truth

Posps,

You are the only one who has been trying to put up with her arrogant behavior.

And she does not even appreciate it, on the contrary, she continues vicious behavior because you don't agree with her assessment.

Yes, it is sad, indeed.

You say that evil about me just because I tell you Jesus is God and we can be saved now.

You are a person with dishonest scales.

lifeisgood

You just made up things about me that are not true.

Have you ever said what do you do with the sins you forget to repent of since you say that God only forgives those sins that you repent of?

I am not making things about you, gt. That is not my style. You do say that Jesus's blood only forgives those sins that you repent of. That is a fact.

So, you do not say I am making things up about you:
Since Jesus, the only blood that matters is Jesus' blood washing you of the sins you repent of doing.

lifeisgood

IF

THEN

The confusion is your conflagration of TO BE SAVED with ALREADY SAVED, which is the same thing that gt does.

Not a one person in the whole world can be saved by anything they do for salvation, and God means, absolutely any thing, for salvation is totally of God since BEFORE the foundation of the world He had decided to do so for even Abraham rejoiced in seeing Jesus' salvation. Yeah, Jesus said so (John 8:56).

Salvation is never rejected on theological ground, it is always rejected on moral ground. It means that who Jesus is and what He did at the Cross of Calvary is rejected out of self-will, or through pride, etc., etc., etc., and some man/woman decides that they must bring something so God will deem them worthy to be saved.

God will reject such as He must, for as the Bible says:
Ephesians 2:8 - For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
Ephesians 2:9 - not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Could you try to explain that differently or something?

Scriptural reference might help

Ephesians 2:8-10 - 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

popsthebuilder

Ephesians 2:8-10 - 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
That doesn't say anything about being rejected by the Lord when the Lord finds you.