How stupid is George Takei?

kiwimacahau

Two men and two women can have children without the help of a surrogate? But, that is besides the point. Sulu is hetereosexual in Star Trek canon. He married a woman not a man. He had a daughter with his wife.
It mentions he has a daughter and that he is married. I don't recall it mentioning a name or gender.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

Arthur Brain

It mentions he has a daughter and that he is married. I don't recall it mentioning a name or gender.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

It was pretty obvious that Sulu was straight on Star Trek and it was fair play to Takei when he disagreed with them making his character gay to be honest.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
When NBC first put Star Trek into it's fall scheduled stations in the deep south were threatening to not run the program because they had heard that the show had a racial diverse cast, something the stations felt good people just could not accept. The producers had to rush production of two episodes that did not include George Takei and Nichelle Nichols.

Cool story.
Putting homosexuality into Star Trek is blatant and tied to an agenda, just as the all female Ghostbusters- neither has any following, it's liberal Hollywood being liberal Hollywood.

musterion

Mr. Takei, best known for his pivotal role in the conservative epic THE GREEN BERETS with John Wayne, thinks Clinton (purportedly) getting most of the popular vote = real democracy = Clinton should be going into the White House. While he is pretty much correct that majority rule = true democracy, he does not understand, or is pretending not to understand, why the founders instituted the electoral college...which, when Obama won, Democrats said was the greatest thing since Margaret Sanger and the KKK, but now want to abolish it because Trump won.

Point of the op: The founders purposely set out to establish a constitutional republic, not a democracy. Takei is either ignorant of this or is a hypocrite, as nearly all Leftists are one or both.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I have to disagree, interning Americans based upon their culture is just constitutionally wrong, history & the law have proved that.

they were offered the opportunity to relocate, some took it

the fear, of course was sabotage and espionage, which were very real threats - not a good idea to have enemy agents watching your shipyards and naval bases on the mainland after virtually the whole fleet was destroyed at pearl

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You do know that gays can marry and have children right?

73465311.jpg

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

the fear, of course was sabotage and espionage, which were very real threats - not a good idea to have enemy agents watching your shipyards and naval bases on the mainland after virtually the whole fleet was destroyed at pearl

Same could have been said of people of German decent but, that wasn't the case now was it? People of German decent were as big of liability for all the same reasons...bad argument for denying American citizens due process, and infringing upon their constitutional rights.

ok doser

Same could have been said of people of German decent but, that wasn't the case now was it? People of German decent were as big of liability for all the same reasons...bad argument for denying American citizens due process, and infringing upon their constitutional rights.

true, and intriguing that the treatment of people of Japanese descent in Hawaii was much less pronounced

there were known espionage cells within the japanese and the german communities

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
there were known espionage cells within the japanese and the german communities

All the more reason to let the law deal with them as citizens committing crimes, not treating them as enemy combatants without caused or due process. Just as I see it anyway...

ok doser

many of them weren't revealed until after the war - luckily, the info they were able to give their homeland wasn't decisive, as far as I have heard

jaws must have dropped when they informed their contacts about the massive industrialization that just kept accelerating

when the bombs dropped, all sorts of contracts were cancelled, all sorts of projects were mothballed, all sorts of raw materials stockpiles lay idle

might be an interesting period to study next :think:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
i finally watched it a couple days ago - i liked the movie - it was light-hearted adventure as opposed to some of the heavy handed stuff I've been watching from marvel and DC

but the scene with Sulu and his "husband"? :barf:
To get :vomit: the word between the ":" is "vomit."

The Berean

The problem with that line of reasoning is that FBI director J. Edgar Hoover thought relocation was unessecary and a waste of valuable government resouces. Hoover was a very paranoid man and had intelligence operatives everywhere. Yet he disagreed with Japanese internment. Hoover did not believe that there much of a credible threat of a large scale treason by Japanese-AMERICANS. The fact that so many Japanese-American men volunteered to join the US military after being interned with their families showed their loyalty to America IMO. It was a racist executive order no doubt. Why weren't Italian-Americans or German-Americans interned in large numbers also? Shoot, the Nazi's landed German sabotuers in June 1942 in New York with the goal of bombing factories and power plants. Fortunately, they were caught before they could do anything. Afer this why weren't all German-Americans removed from the entire east coast and interned? I would argue that the German-American community was much wealthier and had stronger ties to Germany than the Japanese-Americans had to Japan. On a similar note why wasn't Joe DiMaggio arrested and held in an interment camp as well? Joltin' Joe was a first generation Italian-American.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Pastorius

Last edited:

ok doser

hate to chop you up but i'm working on a homework assignment at the moment:
The fact that so many Japanese-American men volunteered to join the US military after being interned with their families showed their loyalty to America IMO.

i was thinking about this the other day - I was reading Brokaw's "The Greatest Generation" and there's a few pages on Inouye and his experiences during the war and after

i wonder what the enlistment rate of americans of japanese heritage was during WW1