How much longer?

Prizebeatz1

Why wait for some time in the future to be with God when God can be found right here and now? That sounds like a recipe to ensure that we never experience the kingdom while we are alive which is when it's meant for. "He is not the God of the dead, but of the living..." Luke 20:38

KingdomRose

Why wait for some time in the future to be with God when God can be found right here and now? That sounds like a recipe to ensure that we never experience the kingdom while we are alive which is when it's meant for. "He is not the God of the dead, but of the living..." Luke 20:38

Folks usually leave off the end of the verse, which is the whole point: "for they are all living TO HIM." This refers to the Father who keeps all of the dead in His memory, til one day in the future He will give Christ the go-ahead to raise all of the dead from their graves. (John 5:28)

The Kingdom will come. Jesus indicated that it is associated with the will of God being done here on Earth, as it is being done in Heaven. (Matthew 6:9,10) God's will certainly isn't being done now. His own government will take care of all of mankind's problems. Why would Jesus tell his disciples to pray for this kingdom if they already had it?

The OP asked "how much longer?" Did anyone check out the website www.jw.org and type in "Immense Image of Daniel chapter 2" in the top right-hand corner? It explains how we can tell where we are in the stream of time, by looking at where we are on this image.

Yes I agree that we shouldn't wait for a specific thing to be with God. But I look at the world and it doesn't look like heaven is getting any closer. I have a hope for something much greater.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes I agree that we shouldn't wait for a specific thing to be with God. But I look at the world and it doesn't look like heaven is getting any closer. I have a hope for something much greater.

Jesus gave a clear picture of how the world would be and it is not an improving scene at the last but a disintergrating scene.

And Jesus was a POST Tribber.

He said "After the tribulation of those days .....they will see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven and He will send His holy angels to gather His elect....

That is 2. Thess.2.

genuineoriginal

It appears that you are looking for the wrong thing.

God did not destroy the earth by flood until the wickedness of mankind had reached its peak.

Genesis 6:5-7
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.​

In the same way, Jesus will not return until the wickedness of mankind had reached its peak again.

Luke 17:26
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.​

As we watch mankind leave good doctrine and turn towards wickedness, we know that the return of Jesus comes closer.

Heaven does not come closer by a slow progression, it will come suddenly when things are at their worst.