How much longer?

KingdomRose

Higher Level

I have been here for over 8 years and have studied the bible for 45 years.

The Rapture will occur in 2021 which is 3 1/2 years after Sept 23, 2017

when the 7 year peace treaty will be confirmed after the MASSIVE MIDEAST

WAR between ISRAEL and the surrounding countries and ISRAEL will get

all the TERRITORY FROM THE NILE TO THE EUPHRATES THAT GOD PROMISED

TO ABRAHAM.

Sorry, you're looking in all the wrong places for knowledge. The "seventy weeks" of Daniel were fulfilled 2,000 years ago. The teaching that they are still being fulfilled is misleading. Many things are wrong about that teaching. Daniel 9:24 was fulfilled when Jesus "terminated transgression" by dying for us on the 'cross.' Verse 26 also refers to that. The Great Tribulation will not last for 7 years! My gosh, it won't take THAT long for Jesus to destroy all evil, including all the governments of the earth. (Daniel 2:44)

KingdomRose

4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians

Oh dear. The clergy that teaches you leaves out some real important stuff! They concentrate on that scripture by the apostle Paul, but don't say anything about what Jesus said at Matthew 5:5. Why? Because that would put them---the religions---against the political powers of the day. Politicians don't want to hear about another King setting up a government over the earth, which Jesus said he would do, and he taught us to pray for it. (Matthew 6:9,10)

When Jesus rules over this planet he will have certain people from the earth co-ruling with him (Revelation 5:9,10; 20:4b, 6). Those are the ones Paul was talking about in I Thessalonians. The rest of us will be the CITIZENS of that government, and we'll be right here on Earth.

(See also Isaiah 9:6,7; Daniel 2:44.)

Stuu

Bluecheese

When you get back, let us know what it is you disagree with that lies behind your outburst.

AMR
Obviously Bluecheese can speak for his own views, but I think it was total garbage when you wrote

"The final and Second Coming of Our Lord will happen at or around when the last person listed in the Book of Life, chosen by God in eternity, is regenerated ("born-again") in time."

I would have been more convinced if you had written "according to the christian mythology the final and Second Coming of Our Lord will happen at or around when the last person listed in the Book of Life, chosen by God in eternity, is regenerated ("born-again") in time."

It's not actually going to happen. It's just part of a fantasy conspiracy theory put about by those with political ambition to keep the proles occupied with worry, in the ancient world and in the modern one.

Stuart

Interplanner

Oh dear. The clergy that teaches you leaves out some real important stuff! They concentrate on that scripture by the apostle Paul, but don't say anything about what Jesus said at Matthew 5:5. Why? Because that would put them---the religions---against the political powers of the day. Politicians don't want to hear about another King setting up a government over the earth, which Jesus said he would do, and he taught us to pray for it. (Matthew 6:9,10)

When Jesus rules over this planet he will have certain people from the earth co-ruling with him (Revelation 5:9,10; 20:4b, 6). Those are the ones Paul was talking about in I Thessalonians. The rest of us will be the CITIZENS of that government, and we'll be right here on Earth.

(See also Isaiah 9:6,7; Daniel 2:44.)

Christ was not speaking of a theocracy then or future. You can tell from 2 Pet 3 that this place will be melted down or vaporized in heat before the NHNE. There is no kingdom on earth. The 'basileiu' is the reign of God through the compelling message of the Gospel; his love constrains us to be ambassadors for that message.

Prizebeatz1

God says in the bible "I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Revelation 22:13). Therefore God dwells in timelessness. The rapture is another tactic of the enemy to distract us from the fact that God, heaven and salvation are found only this exact present moment, right here and right now and nowhere else. Don't buy into it.

God says in the bible "I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Revelation 22:13). Therefore God dwells in timelessness. The rapture is another tactic of the enemy to distract us from the fact that God, heaven and salvation are found only this exact present moment, right here and right now and nowhere else. Don't buy into it.
I have hope for a sinless life and body. I believe we are destined to do much greater things than anything this life has to offer other than having kids and finding Jesus. I think we are in a fallen state. We have to get out of sin.

daqq

I have hope for a sinless life and body. I believe we are destined to do much greater things than anything this life has to offer other than having kids and finding Jesus. I think we are in a fallen state. We have to get out of sin.

One reaps what he sows, and if there is a natural physical body, there is a spiritual body: sow toward the spiritual body that you may be clothed from on high in the day of your visitation when your alms come up before the Most High. :)

genuineoriginal

Higher Level

I have been here for over 8 years and have studied the bible for 45 years.

The Rapture will occur in 2021 which is 3 1/2 years after Sept 23, 2017

when the 7 year peace treaty will be confirmed after the MASSIVE MIDEAST

WAR between ISRAEL and the surrounding countries and ISRAEL will get

all the TERRITORY FROM THE NILE TO THE EUPHRATES THAT GOD PROMISED

TO ABRAHAM.

There is no mention of a 7 year peace treaty being confirmed in the Bible.
You must have gotten that from the doctrines of men.

genuineoriginal

The timing of the rapture precedes the tribulation
It would be impossible for the resurrection to precede the tribulation, since the flight before the tribulation began in 66 CE and the tribulation began in 70 CE exactly as prophesied by Jesus and the resurrection happens with the return of Jesus.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Matt. 25:1–13] The bible teaches us wise virgins to be looking for his coming.
We are to be ready. Five were prepared. Five were not (not indwelled with the Holy Spirit). When they tried to get back in, the door was closed.

He has gone to prepare a place for us (Jn 14:3). When he returns, we are to be found prepared.
It seems like to me some times that the world is getting more wicked. Is that the falling asleep of the wise virgins?
It's hard to stay awake (2 Pe 2:3, 1 Thess 5:6), yes.

Stuu

Well it's been 26 days since the thread started, and still no sign of a messianic return.

I might pop off and have a cup of tea.

Stuart

genuineoriginal

Well it's been 26 days since the thread started, and still no sign of a messianic return.

I might pop off and have a cup of tea.

Stuart

2 Peter 3:3-7
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.​

Stuu

2 Peter 3:3-7
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.​

And how long have they been saying this for, now?

The story of the life of Paul is his expectation that Jesus would be back very soon, then that Jesus would be back in his lifetime, then that Jesus would be back not long after he died.

Thousands have made earnest predictions since.

It's a con.

Stuart

genuineoriginal

And how long have they been saying this for, now?

The story of the life of Paul is his expectation that Jesus would be back very soon, then that Jesus would be back in his lifetime, then that Jesus would be back not long after he died.

Thousands have made earnest predictions since.
Peter also addressed this by saying it could be thousands of years before the return:

2 Peter 3:8-9
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.​

Here it is less than two thousand years after Peter said this, which shows that his prophecy is accurate.

Your scoffing proves that the prophecy is true.
:chuckle:

False Prophet

When you see the abomination of desolation sitting in the holy place.

3 Do not let anyone fool you in any way. That day of the Lord will not come until the turning away[a] from God happens and the Man of Evil, who is on his way to hell, appears. 4 He will be against and put himself above any so-called god or anything that people worship. And that Man of Evil will even go into God’s Temple and sit there and say that he is God. 2 Thess 2

ISIS is the king of the north. The son of perdition will enter Haram Alsharif, and will proclaim himself as God.

bsmitts

The bible teaches us wise virgins to be looking for his coming. No man knows the day or the hour but we know the season. When do you think the rapture will happen?

I don't know, but according to Paul, that day cannot happen until the "man of sin" be revealed first. Jesus said in Matthew 24:29-31 so according to Jesus, the gathering of the saints will be after the Great Tribulation. With that verse, why do people hold to a pre-trip rapture? It doesn't make sense. And if you compare Matthew 24:29-31 to Revelation 6:12-17 or when the sixth seal is opened, we see these two passages line up the same. Now look at Revelation 7:13-14 we see here an elder asking where did these in white robes come from. That signifies they just got there. Rev 7:14. Yes, the rapture happens after the great tribulation. When comparing Matthew 24:29-31 with Revelation 6:12-17, and Revelation 7:13-14, nothing else makes any sense.