How Many Would Vote to Have The Laws Reversed To Outlaw acts Of Homosexuality

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You have tom live with your laws. The Bible forbids fornication, adultery and homosexuality. Make one illegal; you should make them all illegal. This is how I see it.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No, Lighthouse, I do not know why - I have been waiting for years for one of you to explain it to me. Will you be the one?
The law laid out in my post is based solely on the Mosaic law, without the ceremonial/symbolic/religious laws.

What Jesus said about divorce and remarriage was spiritual. It was not an addition to the existing law.

Also, in many cases divorce was not allowed. Even in the instances of adultery it was unnecessary because the adulterers were executed.

Also, this is solely the criminal code. If the law says, elsewhere, that divorce is not allowed then what is the point of a law that says divorce and remarriage is adultery if the reason for divorce was not adultery?

Do you know what the proposed law says elsewhere?

WizardofOz

The law laid out in my post is based solely on the Mosaic law, without the ceremonial/symbolic/religious laws.

James 2:10

What Jesus said about divorce and remarriage was spiritual. It was not an addition to the existing law.

What Jesus said about divorce and remarriage was part of an effort to expose hypocrisy. He was clarifying the existing law. Why else was this point repeated time and time again?

Matthew 5:32
Matthew 19:9
Mark 10:11
Mark 10:12
Luke 16:18

If a man divorces and remarries for any reason other than marital unfaithfulness, has he committed adultery? Yes or no?

Also, in many cases divorce was not allowed. Even in the instances of adultery it was unnecessary because the adulterers were executed.

Ah, but it was allowed. Why do you think Jesus made a point to speak about it?

"Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?" Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard.

Also, this is solely the criminal code. If the law says, elsewhere, that divorce is not allowed then what is the point of a law that says divorce and remarriage is adultery if the reason for divorce was not adultery?

Do you know what the proposed law says elsewhere?

So, reconstructionalists are going to me more legalistic than Moses was? The Israelites under Moses were permitted to divorce.

Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?"

"What did Moses command you?" he replied.

They said, "Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away."

Divorce was most certainly allowed when the law was given. Who has the authority to reconstruct the mosaic laws the way they see fit?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
James 2:10
What of it?

Do you even get the point here?

What Jesus said about divorce and remarriage was part of an effort to expose hypocrisy. He was clarifying the existing law. Why else was this point repeated time and time again?

Matthew 5:32
Matthew 19:9
Mark 10:11
Mark 10:12
Luke 16:18

If a man divorces and remarries for any reason other than marital unfaithfulness, has he committed adultery? Yes or no?
In the eyes of God, yes. However, should that be in the eyes of the law? Or is it solely a religious issue?

Ah, but it was allowed. Why do you think Jesus made a point to speak about it?

"Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?" Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard.
Yeah, it was allowed. But Jesus was satying it should not be. And, as I said, there were some cases where it was not allowed, period.

So, reconstructionalists are going to me more legalistic than Moses was? The Israelites under Moses were permitted to divorce.
Do you think people should be allowed to divorce for reasons other than marital unfaithfulness? And if so, should they be allowed to remarry?

Of course, I guess this depends on what you believe unfaithfulness to be...

Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?"

"What did Moses command you?" he replied.

They said, "Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away."

Divorce was most certainly allowed when the law was given. Who has the authority to reconstruct the mosaic laws the way they see fit?
Did I say it was never allowed?

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
You have tom live with your laws. The Bible forbids fornication, adultery and homosexuality. Make one illegal; you should make them all illegal. This is how I see it.

I don't think any of those should be illegal. Making them illegal just seems kinda silly.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We already have laws regarding public indecency ... why is that not enough to suffice?

Because perverts like you don't think there is anything wrong with faggotness. :down:

csuguy

I know the subject has been probably whipped to death in the threads many times before, but, do to the flamming and bible quoting, I've never really been able to determine who was in favor or not of the government reversing and making laws to prohibit or inhibit the acts of homosexuals and how and what should be done. Please no flamming, long winded bible verse and scripture quoting, just your honest comments and beleifs. This is a subject that I've become deeply involved with and concerned about.

It is not the job of the church, or its members, to go around judging and forcing morality on the secular society. Inside the church, judging is required and expected - but not outside.

1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

Granite

Hall of Fame
What sad, sorry people they must be, lusting for laws that would punish people not harming anyone.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Criminalize homosexuality? Koban says:

I would, just out of curiousity regarding enforcement.

Suppose they passed a law "just out of curiosity" outlawing pompous fools, making you a criminal?

How would that be, Koban?

"Just out of curiosity."

(efqfk)

happy sam

of course it SHOULDNT be outlawed, i am gay myself and i live in england which i have to say is far more accepting. The united states of America is a long way behind on basic human rights for homosexuals, some of the statements made i have been disgusted by, at the end of the day according to your "bible" which was made up by a roman empror your not allowed to hwere multi fibered clothing or have sex before marriage. Also the dates are actually pagan not christian because they comprimised to keep the riman empire from civil war

happy sam

At the end of the day if people love the same gender they CANT help it, I perosnally dont believe in god but if god did exist and make us all, then he made homosexuals whether you like it or not, there are homosexual animal groups and not just mammals, so he didn tjust create homosexual humans, he created homosexuals straights and bisexuals and many other forms of sexuality, maybe he was a pansexual

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It is not the job of the church, or its members, to go around judging and forcing morality on the secular society. Inside the church, judging is required and expected - but not outside.

1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
Should we point those outside to Christ, and their need for Him?

Cracked

Should we point those outside to Christ, and their need for Him?

Yes, and the best way to do that is to stone them to death if they are gay! Look how loving and wonderful God is! He's so loving that we are going to throw rocks at you until you die because your in love with someone of the same gender. Can't you just see the lost souls stampeding toward Christ...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Yes, and the best way to do that is to stone them to death if they are gay! Look how loving and wonderful God is! He's so loving that we are going to throw rocks at you until you die because your in love with someone of the same gender. Can't you just see the lost souls stampeding toward Christ...
Should we stone murderers?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Cracked, you're just another killjoy like Jesus. What a way to shut down a party; "let the one of you who is without sin first throw a stone."

What fun is it being holier-than-thou, with someone reminding you that you aren't so holy yourself?

(WFTH-I)

csuguy

of course it SHOULDNT be outlawed, i am gay myself and i live in england which i have to say is far more accepting. The united states of America is a long way behind on basic human rights for homosexuals, some of the statements made i have been disgusted by, at the end of the day according to your "bible" which was made up by a roman empror your not allowed to hwere multi fibered clothing or have sex before marriage. Also the dates are actually pagan not christian because they comprimised to keep the riman empire from civil war

Actually, the stuff concerning homosexuality is found in the Old Testament, not the New.