ECT How is Paul's message different?

popsthebuilder

Squeeze? Really, pops? And you wonder why you've become a laughing stock.

If you would just see yourself and your great need, you'd be using your ears instead of trying to impress us with such........statements. :rolleyes:
Do you know what I was referencing?

I wonder no such thing. I do not care. If one considers me to be laughable then that is on them.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Jerry Shugart

Hmmm....

And what is it you think these statements or "beliefs" save you from? What are you entitled to by such as this?

Please consider the following words of the Lord Jesus:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"
(Jn.11:25-26).​

The Lord was not speaking of physical death there because people who believe in Him do die physically. Believers who are living physically will never experience the following death and are therefore saved from this death:

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Rev.21:8).​

popsthebuilder

You keep emphasizing St. Paul or St. Peter. You've done that often in your posts.

But every individual in Christ is a saint, without exception.

Referring only to the apostles as saints is typical of Catholics and Reformed types (doctrinally similar).

Which are you?
Neither.

I respect them, or rather what they stood for.

I respect blessed Mary too.....that doesn't mean I'm a member of the Catholic Church

Cross Reference

Paul's message is not different. That is to say that he preached being made righteous. Being made righteous isn't wallowing in knowing sin contrary to the will and power of GOD through faith in Christ)

Amen! We were legally "set free" from the power of sin (Satan) by the redemption of our souls. However, If we stop there and not pursue God to know Him; not realize why we were redeemed (no willful ignorance allowed here) and acting upon it (going to Him for salvation), then when we physically die God's judgment upon us can only be based on our deeds/works per Rev 20:12,13; 22:11 KJV. Sorry, deeds/works are already dead if Jesus Christ had been rejected. Works can save no one who had rejected Jesus from the start..

For the purpose of learning righteousness, redemption being the enablement for salvation by Jesus Christ unto sonship in the Father i.e., our new birth per John 1:12; 20:22 KJV, Jesus said: 'come unto Me and I will in nowise cast you out'. He did not say come unto Paul to believe when expressing me, Paul being but a living example to you in colusion with the Holy Spirit for the purpose of teaching Me to you. The "Comforter" extended in flesh{??].

"Redemption", given to all mankind, is the enablement for our salvation by Jesus Christ. We can now go to Him and receive. . . Salvation now becomes the enablement for one's new birth by God choosing us and placing within us His DNA where all righteousness in preparation for entering His Kingdom, purposed for man, can only begin to be taught by the Holy Spirit. The new birth is the relationship and is the only venue for "knowing God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent", John 17:3.

Now re-read John 3:16,17 KJV.

Cross Reference

April 12th

Moral dominion

"Death hath no more dominion over Him … in that He liveth, He liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God." Romans 6:9–11 .

Co-Eternal Life. Eternal life was the life which Jesus Christ exhibited on the human plane, and it is the same life, not a copy of it, which is manifested in our mortal flesh when we are born of God. Eternal life is not a gift from God, eternal life is the gift of God. The energy and the power which were manifested in Jesus will be manifested in us by the sheer sovereign grace of God when once we have made the moral decision about sin.

“Ye shall receive the power of the Holy Ghost”—not power as a gift from the Holy Ghost; the power is the Holy Ghost, not something which He imparts. The life that was in Jesus is made ours by means of his Cross when once we make the decision to be identified with Him. If it is difficult to get right with God, it is because we will not decide definitely about sin. Immediately we do decide, the full life of God comes in. Jesus came to give us endless supplies of life: “that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.” Eternal Life has nothing to do with Time, it is the life which Jesus lived when He was down here. The only source of Life is the Lord Jesus Christ.

The weakest saint can experience the power of the Deity of the Son of God if once he is willing to ‘let go.’ Any strand of our own energy in ourselves will blur the life of Jesus. We have to keep letting go, and slowly and surely the great full life of God will invade us in every part, and men will take knowledge of us that we have been with Jesus.

Oswald Chambers

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Point in case, your paradigm prevents you from seeing that which us clearly obvious as it relates to the topic of the thread.

Jeremiah 18 is saying that if a nation, whom He has promised to establish and build up, rejects Him, He will not establish and build up that nation.

Thus is exactly what happened in the year following Jesus' ascension, from Acts 1-9. Jesus promised to return and establish His Kingdom, Israel as a nation rejects Him, Jesus cuts off israel, setting His plans for them aside to work with the Gentiles until the fullness of the Gentiles has been reached, after which He will resume working with Israel. This is why Paul was chosen, instead of sending the 12, because to reach those who didn't know any law, one had to teach a message the excluded the Law. The twelve only knew the law, and nothing else, as a means of salvation. Hence why Jesus revealed the mystery to Paul, and why Paul's message is completely different that the twelve's.
[MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION]

Well, it's not COMPLETELY different, right? I mean, that is, I think, part of what makes our position so difficult for some to see.

In the end, taken point for point, it could be argued that there is more similarities than differences between the two gospels, depending, of course, on what you want to focus on.

Both gospel preach that God became a Man, the He died in payment for our sins and that He rose from the dead. They both preach that God wants nothing more than to have a relationship with those who love Him and that He did all of that in order to make that relationship possible. The difference comes primarily in regards to how that relationship is entered into and maintained. Which is no small difference! Don't misunderstand me here. I don't want to minimize the distinction between the two gospels. I'm merely suggesting that to say that they are completely different would be to overstate things, that's all.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Jerry Shugart

Both gospel preach that God became a Man, the He died in payment for our sins and that He rose from the dead.

So there are two gospels which declare that the Lord Jesus died in payment for our sins?

I know that the gospel of grace declares that but the other gospel which was preached, the one preached at Luke 9:6, said nothing about the Lord Jesus dying in payment for sins.

So where can anyone find another gospel besides these two, another one which declares that the Lord Jesus died in payment for sins?

Here Paul speaks of two gospels but where can we find another one which declares the Lord Jesus' death was the payment of sins:

"But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter" (Gal.2:7).​

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you not have (at least internally) some affection or respect for Mary, mother of Jesus, and the apostles?

Surely you do.

She was blessed among women, sure. But Mary was still only human. Exalting her (as do the Catholics) is idolatry.

john w

Hall of Fame
How so?

I only gave some context to the two verses you referenced, and attempted to answer the question in the op per my understanding or lack there of.

Now you back out?! Exhale slowly and squeeze friend....it's okay
Back out, you quip? No, you're high, all over the board. Put down your bong. Move on.

Cross Reference

Of course.....but if the man Jesus is considered the literal GOD almighty the what does that make His mother?

Human. If she wasn't then this, very much needed title written of Him in the OT, could never have been spoken of Him here:"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory." Mark 13:26 (KJV) very much proving God's intention from the begining was to place the complete Godhead into Glorified Human flesh. Glorified after being tested and proven faithful unto such a Glorification that completely unified Him with God.