ECT How is Paul's message different?

Right Divider

Body part
Go to Wikipedia, type "Dispensationalism", and you will find:

"John Nelson Darby is recognized as the father of dispensationalism.."

"As there was no Christian teaching of a "rapture" before Darby began preaching about it in the 1830s, he is sometimes credited with originating the "secret rapture" theory..."

Yet, it's the Dispensationalists themselves who deny it.
And you think that Wikipedia is the source of all knowledge.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And you think that Wikipedia is the source of all knowledge.

From Theopedia.com

Dispensationalism is a theological system that teaches biblical history is best understood in light of a number of successive administrations of God's dealings with mankind, which it calls "dispensations." It maintains fundamental distinctions between God's plans for national Israel and for the New Testament Church, and emphasizes prophecy of the end-times and a pre-tribulation rapture of the church prior to Christ's Second Coming. Its beginnings are usually associated with the Plymouth Brethren movement in the UK and the teachings of John Nelson Darby.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We quote Paul in context

No you don't.

You pervert what Paul said.

For example:

Paul said others were in Christ before he was. MAD divides those in Christ into two groups, and claims Paul was the first person in one of two groups.

Paul never taught a secret rapture. MAD teaches the secret rapture that Darby invented.

Paul never taught that God has a plan for the Jews in the future, Paul taught there is no longer a difference between Jew and Gentile. MAD teaches that God does have a plan.

Paul was a minister of the new covenant, and preached the new covenant. MAD denies the NC.

Paul taught that his generation was living during the culmination of the ages. MAD teaches the opposite, MAD claims the culmination of the ages is still the yet future.

These are just a few of the things that Paul said that MADists pervert.

This should be proof to anyone that John has been correct that Tet is actually demonic.

You can't handle the false teachings of John Nelson Darby being exposed for what they are.

lifeisgood

TeT: God NEVER changes His mind and you are giving too much credit to this Darby guy, whoever he is.

God still loves His chosen people (it matters not that the world hates them) and God is still going to use them, no matter what you or Darby or whoever says otherwise. Hopefully, you will not be here to see it.

I know, I will not be here for when I die, or if my Lord chooses to take me up to be with Him before I die, the Bible promises that I will be immediately rushed into His presence all because of what Jesus Christ did at the Cross of Calvary.

lifeisgood

From Theopedia.com

Dispensationalism is a theological system that teaches biblical history is best understood in light of a number of successive administrations of God's dealings with mankind, which it calls "dispensations." It maintains fundamental distinctions between God's plans for national Israel and for the New Testament Church, and emphasizes prophecy of the end-times and a pre-tribulation rapture of the church prior to Christ's Second Coming. Its beginnings are usually associated with the Plymouth Brethren movement in the UK and the teachings of John Nelson Darby.

Which they took from God's word.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
TeT: God NEVER changes His mind

Other than a few TOL members, I changed my mind more than anyone else on TOL.

Ask STP, he'll tell you.
and you are giving too much credit to this Darby guy, whoever he is.

More denial.

God still loves His chosen people (it matters not that the world hates them) and God is still going to use them, no matter what you or Darby or whoever says otherwise. Hopefully, you will not be here to see it.

Your Zionism is completely opposite what the Apostle Paul and Christ Jesus preached.

The OC and the law and prophets were fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

You are trying to put new wine in old wineskins.

I know, I will not be here for when I die, or if my Lord chooses to take me up to be with Him before I die, the Bible promises that I will be immediately rushed into His presence all because of what Jesus Christ did at the Cross of Calvary.

Hypothetically, let's say you die before your alleged rapture takes place. Where will you go, and what kind of body will you have?

Interplanner

How is it not different?

I invite you to answer the questions I just posed to LA.

They illustrate just two of the differences between Paul and the twelve but to give you a direct answer, the difference is the Gospel of Grace.

No one other than Paul preached the gospel of grace - no one. Not Jesus, not Peter nor James nor John nor anyone else.

Romans 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,​

That idea is exclusive to Paul!

Further, there are lots and lots of doctrinal debates in the church that have persisted for centuries and a great many of them, if not all of them, fall along the lines of Paul vs Peter, James & John.

Is water baptism required for salvation?

If you say, "Yes", you'll cite the New Testament books NOT written by Paul, including the Gospels.

If you say, "No", you'll cite nothing at all but the books written by Paul.

The same is true about whether works are required for salvation, or whether you can lost your salvation, or speaking in tongues, or whether the rapture will occur before or after the Tribulation, or whether you should only eat certain kinds of foods, or whether you should observe the Sabbath or tithe or obey the Ten Commandments, etc, etc.

All of these seemingly unrelated issues, and many more, all fall along the lines of Paul vs the rest of the Biblical authors and so I'm not being flippant at all when I say that the list of what isn't different is much shorter than the list of things which are different. Very nearly the whole thing is different because the difference is literally the difference between observance of the law being required vs. observance of the law being prohibited.

Resting in Him,
Clete

P.S. Here's an excellent example of just the sort of doctrinal debate I'm talking about. Skim through the first several posts and take note of the proof texts on each side...

Swine Sausage - Sin?

re the OP again,
Very flimsy thinking. The sermons of Acts 2, 3 and Paul's of Acts 13 are just about identical presentations, and that's as early as you can get.

Then you have the problem of Peter's capitulation. There wouldn't be that problem if he wasn't supposed to get back on the same page as Paul.

Then you have the blank in Eph 1:1. The material was the widest circulating document in the 1st generation of Christianity; yes, it went to Ephesus, but the location was blank because it was sent all over. Think of it as a publication.

Then you have Jude, and the faith once and for all delivered to the believers.

Finally, you have Heb 6 in which a number of things which Clete thinks are magnets for prooftexts are actually elementary level concerns. What matters is the teaching about the righteousness that is in Christ for the believer, which is a mature concern.

The tongues thing, for those who are curious, was a sign to members of Judaism that the messianic age of the Gospel and the Spirit was now here. That's why the phenomenon is seen by them in 2, 8, 19. They were to be witnesses of it happening, not necessarily do it, and that is why I Cor 12-14 clears up the thing as it does (it is the only place where believers thought the important thing was that they do it themselves!). The Isaiah quote about what is going on is definitive on that.

musterion

No you don't.

You pervert what Paul said.

For example:

Paul said others were in Christ before he was. MAD divides those in Christ into two groups, and claims Paul was the first person in one of two groups.

Paul never taught a secret rapture. MAD teaches the secret rapture that Darby invented.

Paul never taught that God has a plan for the Jews in the future, Paul taught there is no longer a difference between Jew and Gentile. MAD teaches that God does have a plan.

Paul was a minister of the new covenant, and preached the new covenant. MAD denies the NC.

Paul taught that his generation was living during the culmination of the ages. MAD teaches the opposite, MAD claims the culmination of the ages is still the yet future.

These are just a few of the things that Paul said that MADists pervert.

You can't handle the false teachings of John Nelson Darby being exposed for what they are.

Notice, dear readers, how he insists we pervert Paul's words but Ephesians 3:2 - which sparked this particular exchange - remains ignored.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Notice, dear readers, how he insists we pervert Paul's words but Ephesians 3:2 - which sparked this particular exchange - remains ignored.

You pervert what Paul said in Eph 3:2

You turned Paul's words into a time period.

Before you go on and on about how you don't. If you give it a beginning and an end (which you do), then it's a time period.

Interplanner

It's not ignored. He has covered all the things that matter that it also says: that the age of grace is here in Christ not the law,
which is also the New Covenant,
which other places in Ephesians, and other letters, said was the culmination of the ages,
which is why no NT passage about the 2nd coming has another 'episode' in the land of Israel.

What's ignored?

Danoh

It's not ignored. He has covered all the things that matter that it also says: that the age of grace is here in Christ not the law,
which is also the New Covenant,
which other places in Ephesians, and other letters, said was the culmination of the ages,
which is why no NT passage about the 2nd coming has another 'episode' in the land of Israel.

What's ignored?

Interplanner, if you read Stam's "Things That Differ" way back when I posted it, you know Mid-Acts does not view a dispensation as a period of time.

A Dispensation is that which is dispensed or doled out. That it involves a period of time is not the same as misinterpreting it as a period of time.

Even a Paint Mix Dispensor down at any local Paint Store "involves a period of time."

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Interplanner

Interplanner, if you read Stam's "Things That Differ" way back when I posted it, you know Mid-Acts does not view a dispensation as a period of time.

A Dispensation is that which is dispensed or doled out. That it involves a period of time is not the same as misinterpreting it as a period of time.

Even a Paint Mix Dispensor down at any local Paint Store "involves a period of time."

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

So obviously the question is 'why is a time stamp right in the title?'

Stick with Gal 3:17 on these things. Judaism replaced and voided the promised Gospel in its doctrinal constructs. That 'hid' it from them. Paul was trying to get THEM to go back and unmake those constructs so that they would be missionaries to the nations once the Gospel came, so that they would be the lovely feet on the mountains, preaching the Gospel of peace.