ECT How is 2P2P working out for you?

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, I'm sure that to merge several key chapters of Paul into a coherent statement is a 'mess' to a theology-guy. I'm a historian first. That means you pin a letter to a time and situation first as you decide what it means.

I forgot; some other key self-organizing chapters of the NT would be 2 Cor 3-5 and Heb 8-10. I think it is fair to say that anyone who calls a synthesis of all of the above chapters a 'mess' had better completely start fresh.
No, you are a mess. You have some very fanciful ideas to start with and then you force them on the scripture.

And, for your information, I'm not a "theology-guy". I'm simply someone that believes what the scripture says.

In 2 Cor 3 Paul is talking about UNBELIEVING ISRAEL. In Hebrews 9, the writer is, once again, talking about UNBELIEVING ISRAEL.

What does THAT have to do with understanding scripture?

Some believe it, some don't.

You can't apply this "veiled" concept to the entirety of the OT. The scripture is there to be clearly understood by those that BELIEVE it. It's those that REJECT it that is it "veiled" to.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why don't you understand that one could be Abraham's seed but not of the circumcision, not of Israel?

Do you know the difference between a grandfather and his grandson?

It's not difficult.

Good question.

The Bible teaches one nation of Israel incorporating people of all lands , languages, backgrounds, races, who believe in Christ.

Flesh circumcision means nothing to God.

The Lord bases nothing on flesh circumcision , or on Judaism.

Rom 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

LA

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why don't you understand that one could be Abraham's seed but not of the circumcision, not of Israel?

(Gen 17:9-10) Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

Abraham had Isaac and Ishmael. Isaac had Jacob and Esau.

Ishmael is excluded:

(Gen 17:21) But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, ...

Esau was a son of Isaac. Were the descendants of Esau part of the covenant with Abraham?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Rom 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

LA