How important is the Sabbath?

CherubRam

Sunday was the day of worship for the Lord, because of the resurrection of Christ, long before Constantine was a twinkle in the eye of his father.

Christ's resurrection was on Monday, the day of Firstfruits. Sunday has nothing to do with Christ resurrection.

Ben Masada

[FONT="]The first day of the week to the Jews is Sunday. The first day of the week to the Romans was Monday. The first day of the week after the two Sabbath is Monday. The seventh day Sabbath was about to begin when Christ died on the stake. [/FONT]
[FONT="]Matthew 28:1
After the Sabbath, [plural] at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

"first day of the week" According to who or what?[/FONT]
[FONT="]If Matthew 28 is addressing Romans, then it may mean Monday. And if it is speaking of being after the Sabbaths, [plural] then that also would be Monday. That Saturday and Sunday were both Sabbaths. It was against biblical law for the women to attend Christ grave that Sunday.[/FONT]
[FONT="]In Satan worship Sunday is his day. The Sabbath of the lord was Sunday. Satan was also called lord, and Sunday was his day. Just a trivial note.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Scripture says "three days" and "three nights." There is no doubt from what is written that Christ died just before sundown on Friday the 13th.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Three days and three nights from Friday before sundown would be:

Night 1 - Friday night
Day 1 - Saturday
Night 2 Saturday night
Day 2 - Sunday
Night 3 - Sunday night
Day 3 - Monday

Putting the resurrection at Monday before sundown.[/FONT]

According to Matthew 28:1, there was neither Sunday night nor Monday day. Therefore, there were only two days and two nights. It means that the prophecy of Matthew 12:40 of the three days and three nights was proved to have been a hoax.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ's resurrection was on Monday, the day of Firstfruits. Sunday has nothing to do with Christ resurrection.

The wave sheaf was presented on the day after the Sabbath.

Leviticus 23:10-11 Speak to the children of Israel and say to them: ‘When you come into the land which I give to you and reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest. He shall wave the sheaf before the LORD to be accepted on your behalf, on the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it.

On the day after the Sabbath.

CherubRam

The wave sheaf was presented on the day after the Sabbath.

Leviticus 23:10-11 Speak to the children of Israel and say to them: ‘When you come into the land which I give to you and reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest. He shall wave the sheaf before the LORD to be accepted on your behalf, on the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it.

On the day after the Sabbath.
You are using the wrong verse. The feast day of Un-Leavened Bread was always on a Sunday when using the Biblical Calendar. That particular Sunday was also a REST DAY where no work was to be done. The women would not have attended his body that day because it was against the law. Luke 23:56
Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment. The Passover and the Festival of Unleavened Bread Exodus 12:16
On the first day hold a sacred assembly, and another one on the seventh day. Do no work at all on these days, except to prepare food for everyone to eat; that is all you may do.

Ben Masada

I'm not sure what you are saying.

I can see that, you don't have to shout! Avodah Zarah is any kind of ritual or books alien to Judaism. I don't think Jesus would have ever used the NT if it was around at his time. Not he that forbade his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles. (Mat. 10:5,6)

Ben Masada

Does keeping the sabbath nullify or enhance the work of christ? if no, then i don't believe the sabbath is important to observe

So, the commandment to observe the Sabbath is important because it did enhance the work of Jesus. To observe the Sabbath holy enhances the work of every Jew.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Funny how people quote such things and twist them around to suit their own viewpoints not realizing that Paul is always speaking of his own weaknesses and how it is that when he is weak Messiah is strong in and through him. That would likely be due, in the strictly physical sense, to the high probability that Paul was a vegetarian, (for "Thou shalt not murder-kill", period, without stipulation), eating only "broma" which concerns only those foods which Elohim has openly proclaimed from the beginning as foods to be consumed by mankind for physical nourishment, (Genesis 1:29). If one looks into most of the passages where Paul speaks of such things the same will find in most occasions that he uses the various forms of the word broma; and when a person looks honestly at what broma actually stands for in the older definitions it completely changes the meaning of what he is saying in most of those passages.

Lunatic alert!

I ignore lunatics.

:wave2:

Ben Masada

I do not mean offense to you, I was just trying to make a point that this verse was written for those that observe these things. I do not think it was written for those that do not observe them. The context was not to follow man made traditions.

Is the Decalogue of the same class of man made traditions? The issue in discussion is about the importance of the Sabbath which by the way, is a commandment in the Decalogue. So, what's what?

clefty

Does keeping the sabbath nullify or enhance the work of christ?

if no, then i don't believe the sabbath is important to observe

He said He was Lord of the Sabbath...and in a real sense the sabbath indicates who the Lord is and gives Him lordship...

Much like London does "the Lord of London" or the rings do for "the lord of the rings"...

So I 'd say it's very important.

No other gods provided rest. Some, they say, claimed power over nature, health, wealth, war etc but mine is a most unique divinity...

Other gods also provided love justice peace and happiness...ask Buddhists or Muslims. But well, only One offers a weekly day of rest.

Yes I'd say Sabbath is important.

Yahusha even suggested that when the end comes and people had to run for their very lives, He suggested they should pray it did not occur on the Sabbath.

And of course it's something we do to show we love Him...we keep His commandments as He did.
Cuz "Here are they that keep The commandments of God"

So yeah, it is important.

clefty

That's a long time being dead for One of Whom it was written:

34In fact, God raised Him from the dead never to see decay. As He has said: ‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings I promised to David.’ 35So also, He says in another Psalm: ‘You will not let your Holy One see decay.’ 36For when David had served God’s purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep. His body was buried with his fathers and saw decay.…

clefty

In 1582, Pope Gregory XIII cut 10 days out of the calendar. So your sabbath should be on a Wednesday! You're following the Pope's dates!

The weekly count of days was uninterrupted.

But by the time Julius made his calendar believers were long off the calander in scripture...as if the new year begins in the middle of winter.

clefty

According to Matthew 28:1, there was neither Sunday night nor Monday day. Therefore, there were only two days and two nights. It means that the prophecy of Matthew 12:40 of the three days and three nights was proved to have been a hoax.

That He gave a sign at was misunderstood or misapplied is not being a hoax. Jonah was not dead...merely confined.

And so was He from the time of His being sold to His being seized tried and killed then resurrection...3x3