How do you view God?

• I agree with Clete's description

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • I disagree with Clete's description

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Aimiel

Originally posted by wickwoman

For, though many Christians insist that the OT and NT Gods are consistent - they are in stark contrast. So, either something happened to this God who never changes or, possibly those who composed the Bible were schiztophrenic (sp?), or possibly there is a metaphoric interpretation to scripture which many fail to grasp.
That would be grace, which was not available to men before Jesus died and was ressurrected. Now that we have access to The Holy of Holies, with our sins forgiven (believers), we are no longer under wrath, but under grace. Anyone who comes to know Jesus, sees Him foreshadowed in the Old Testament, fulfilled in the New Testament and shows Him forth in their life, where He longs to dwell: inside the hearts of believers who take Him at His Word.

OMEGA

Benevolent

Benevolent

Wickwoman , the reason that they seem to be different is

because there are 2 Gods.

The old testament God was the God who gave orders to the

Angels to get things done . So, he is like a Foreman who tells

the Workers what to do.

The New Testament God is a more Benevolent and Wise and

Magnanimous Person . He is like the Kindly Grandfather.

They are both coming here to Earth within 20 years and

you will see the difference in their temperament.

Aimiel

Hogwash.

And Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord..."

OMEGA

Aimiel, you really should get to know the Scriptures .

Ignorance is no excuse with all the Computer Bibles that you have.

I suggest you start studying and not just have a cursory knowledge.
-------------------

Yes the LORD God , who was Jesus , is ONE LORD.

Jesus was also called LORD in the New Testament.

Jesus came to Reveal , the Father who was also a God.

Unlike Aimiel, I can back up what I say with Scripture.

(Mat 11:27 KJV) All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

(Luke 10:22 KJV) All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

Aimiel

Originally posted by OMEGA

Aimiel, you really should get to know the Scriptures .
I have The Author of Them living inside of me, and we are very well acquainted.
Jesus came to Reveal , the Father who was also a God.
Because of the fact that God has told us, repeatedly, and without wavering, that there is but One God, we know that 'also' here is your opinion, and is not backed-up by any stretch of the imagination, using The Holy Scriptures.
Unlike Aimiel, I can back up what I say with Scripture.
You have yet to do so, but, you're more than welcome to try.
(Mat 11:27 KJV) All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
And you think this proves your two-god theory because... ?
(Luke 10:22 KJV) All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
So, you're also believing that this verse 'proves' your silly 'two-god' notion, also? Obviously Jesus hasn't revealed The Father to you. They are One and The Same. He is called: "Almighty God, Everlasting Father and The Prince of Peace."

OMEGA

AIMIEL gave these two quotes trying to prove that there is only one God and that the two [Jesus and the Father] have become ONE entity.

1. Because of the fact that God has told us, repeatedly, and without wavering, that there is but One God, we know that 'also' here is your opinion, and is not backed-up by any stretch of the imagination, using The Holy Scriptures.

1. You use the phrase " But one God" . That phrase is only found
in one place and only refers to The Father and not Jesus.
Therefore, they are still 2 separate beings.
And since Jesus is the Word and as in John1:1 was a God with the Father since eternity past then, there are 2 Gods still.

(1 Cor 8:6 KJV) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

2.So, you're also believing that this verse 'proves' your silly 'two-god' notion, also? Obviously Jesus hasn't revealed The Father to you. They are One and The Same. He is called: "Almighty God, Everlasting Father and The Prince of Peace."

2. Prince of Peace can ONLY refer to Jesus and is only quoted once
in the Old Testament referring to a Child being born.

(Isa 9:6 KJV) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
-----------------------------------------

Aimiel still does not understand nor know the scriptures.

Jesus is sitting on the Right side of God the Father.

Only a God can do that.

There are still 2 Gods.

Aimiel

Jesus, Christ, The Same yesterday, today and forever. Try to keep up. They have not 'become' One, as you presume; since They have always been One. If there were Two Gods, He would have said, "I am Two." :doh:

LightSon

Originally posted by OMEGA

Aimiel still does not understand nor know the scriptures.

Jesus is sitting on the Right side of God the Father.

Only a God can do that.

There are still 2 Gods.

I think the word for this belief is "Bi-theism". Bi-theism is still a subset of polytheism, just like bi-gamy is a form of poly-gamy.

You sound like an Armstrong follower Omega. Are you an Armstrongite? Worldwide Church of God, Garner Ted and all that?

bigtuna

I don't. Believe God was once like this, but underwent a change in the New Testament. God turns from the god of swords, into the god of love. It's seems the bible is incomplete without the New Testament.

LightSon

Originally posted by bigtuna

I don't. Believe God was once like this, but underwent a change in the New Testament. God turns from the god of swords, into the god of love. It's seems the bible is incomplete without the New Testament.

The God of the OT is the God of the NT.
God manifests different aspects of His nature in different ways and at different times.

The rationale for the differences in His manifest behavior is open to debate. God is love, but sometimes He doesn't allow His love to be seen or felt. Scripture also teaches that "God is angry with the wicked every day." Does this alter the fact that God is love? I think not.

Does the fact that God is love alter the fact that He is angry with the wicked? Again, I think not.

So what can we conclude about your NT God of love? Why doesn't God smite the wicked?

Here's a verse to ponder: Romans 2:4 "Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
"

When God doesn't obliterate the wicked, it very well could be that He is giving them time to repent before the hammer of His wrath falls. There will come a time when God's wrath will simmer over and spill out upon the wicked. Please see the Revelation of Jesus Christ to the Apostle John. The lamb of God will become the Lion.

A few more scriptures to ponder:
John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Romans 1:18
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Romans 2:5
But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Scary stuff bigtuna. I hope you have found the way out from under God's wrath.

bigtuna

All talk and no action. Does god smite Saul for his genocide? No he gives he strikes him with a lightning bolt and gives him a revelation. Does god smite the Judeans and Romans for crucifying Christ? No he forgives them and the Romans built a church in his honor.

Talk is cheap I need action.

I'M GONNA HACK YOUR COMPUTER AND **** YOU UP SCUMBACG FOR YOUR CRAZY RIGHT WING ANTICS!!!

Parcells 3:16.