How do you defend yourself against people who will blow themselves up to kill you?

eider

I have posted on cratering Mecca before. At those times I also said there should be advanced warning so that anybody with a brain can evacuate. Of course we know many die-hard jihadists will run TO the site, and that's fine too. But this is not the first time I suggested giving warning.
You've overlooked a point or two.
You're supposed to be a Christian, and there you are, you gungo-ho freak, promoting the idea of killing scores of thousands, polluting a huge area for decades, and destroying the religious centres of a billion or so folks.
True Christians just don't think like tyrants, cowardly tyrants at that.
Fortunately, most....... the huge majority of US citizens don't think like you, but in the event that any bombs were dropped on Mecca or Medina or anywhere else, you'd start a World war, which is probably what you'd like.

But this particular subtopic is all academic. I'm not the one whowe dissipated she'll of a nation is being conquered in slow motion by imported invaders.
Rubbish! Like the US, we are a nation of folks from multiple backgrounds and we are very proud of our Equality Act. If you spouted your rubbish around here you could get into very bad trouble.

What you people need is a new Churchill...an honest man who will save you from the fire, who you can then thanklessly disregard as soon as his work of saving you is done.
You dimwit! We loved Churchill! But he was PM of a mixed-party emergency government (Coalition to you), and after the war we wanted a more beneficial country for all. Mr Bevan's National Health Act had to win, amongst other Labour policies. But We loved Churchill all the way through to his death....... We regard him as the greatest War Stateman of the 20th century.

Chew on that.

Arthur Brain

You've overlooked a point or two.
You're supposed to be a Christian, and there you are, you gungo-ho freak, promoting the idea of killing scores of thousands, polluting a huge area for decades, and destroying the religious centres of a billion or so folks.
True Christians just don't think like tyrants, cowardly tyrants at that.
Fortunately, most....... the huge majority of US citizens don't think like you, but in the event that any bombs were dropped on Mecca or Medina or anywhere else, you'd start a World war, which is probably what you'd like.

Rubbish! Like the US, we are a nation of folks from multiple backgrounds and we are very proud of our Equality Act. If you spouted your rubbish around here you could get into very bad trouble.

You dimwit! We loved Churchill! But he was PM of a mixed-party emergency government (Coalition to you), and after the war we wanted a more beneficial country for all. Mr Bevan's National Health Act had to win, amongst other Labour policies. But We loved Churchill all the way through to his death....... We regard him as the greatest War Stateman of the 20th century.

Chew on that.

Well said. Unlike these clueless cranks, Churchill wasn't a brain dead warmonger who would stumble about putting world stability at stake in some dingbat crusade to blow up Mecca. These cretins are that dopey it's almost laughable.

eider

Well said. Unlike these clueless cranks, Churchill wasn't a brain dead warmonger who would stumble about putting world stability at stake in some dingbat crusade to blow up Mecca. These cretins are that dopey it's almost laughable.

Surely..... and that piece that musterion quoted of Churchill's was Churchill personal opinion which here in the UK we treasure. Churchill did have some tough ideas, but our love for that old war-dog surpassed all, even his description of peaceful Gandhi.

What Musterion is ignorant about is that Churchill could say and write stuff in his cups. I absolutely love what he said about Lady Astor, who I believe was a US citizen before her marriage?

A. You are drunk!
C. Yes Madam, and you are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober!
:rotfl:

eider

It isn't lunacy, and yes he would.

Churchill would be even more depressed than he was given to being, to know you and Eider are modern British counterfeits of what once was called Men.

Churchill on one hand generalised about a religion which he had no faith in, but he loved the people. We somehow held on after Burma and it was the determination and bravery of Hindus and Muslims that stopped us being overrun in India. My Father was there, fighting alongside Muslims, Hindus and Gurkhas and he later attended the World Religious Councils of mixed religions because he could speak Urdu, Hindi and of course English.

So I learned a bit about these people...... and I have a fair idea about what would happen if any country hurt their shrines.

We'll never listen to warmongers like you, and we'd never believe that you are a real Christian.

....just sayin'....

musterion

Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.

Prophetic. And Christianity, such as it was, no longer shields you. Were he alive, he wouldn't stand for you standing for it.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Sod thinks anecdotes are rules.

Sod believes that an act of man would engender the same response as what was then considered an act of God.

Sod is a doofus.

obviously you dint google it

take your time, read up on the incident and the aftermath - the consequences and the influences on intellectual thought of the 18th century

report back in one week

reports submitted early will not be accepted

Arthur Brain

You don't realize we are in a war with these guys do you? BTW, agreeing on a point of view is not indicative of intelligence.

Uh, no we aren't, and it is a sign of intelligence to agree with a point of view that's reasoned and sane, that yours and Musty's most assuredly aren't.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm doubtful that it would work. It could, but then it could just change Islam, like the smashing into bits of the Jewish temple changed Judaism. Like trying to squeeze a watermelon seed.

Either the Church wins, and there are no more Muslims, and those holy sites just degrade and wear away and erode from neglect, or, maybe more likely, they are preserved and administrated as tourist sites, the best preserved holy sites of another Church-extincted false religion that we have.

The Church will win, that's not in question.

The church will win in the very end, but this will come first:

Revelation 13:6 And the beast opened its mouth to blaspheme against God and slander His name and His tabernacle—those who dwell in heaven. 7 Then the beast was permitted to wage war against the saints and conquer them, and it was given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation. 8 And all who dwell on the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.