Honor God's Son or Perish

beloved57

This is what salvation is all about. God is zealous for his Son Jesus Christ and will only save those that honor his Son by believing and having faith in him. Religion, whether it be the Calvinist religion, the Catholic religion or whatever religion does not honor God's Son. Calvinism insults God's Son by denying that he is the savior of the world, 1 John 2:2. Catholicism does not believe that Jesus saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. You must participate in your salvation.

"God so loved YOU that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

We honor God's Son by believing and trusting in him to save us. Christianity is a very personal thing because it is about how we respond to the Gospel. Some hear and believe, others hear, but it is not meaningful to them.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

They heard, but they did not believe. How one can hear that Christ died on the cross for their sins and not respond is a mystery to me? I did not become a Christian until I was 34 years old. I heard many times that Christ died on the cross for my sins, I just simply brushed it off. I was having to much fun being a lost sinner. But then the reality that Christ shed his blood for me became a truth that I could not escape and I was converted to Christ.

Isaiah brings it home us when he said, "He is despised and rejected of men; a man or sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid our faces from him: he was despised, and we esteemed him not, surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did not esteem him stricken, smitten of God and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of his peace was upon him: and with his stripes we are healed" Isaiah 53:3-5.

If you can read that and not be moved by it, its because you are spiritually dead. If you had been the only person on this earth, Christ would have died for you, its that personal.

This is legal, law preaching, a works gospel !

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Are you agreeing that much depends on what man does, particularly believers, or do you believe God has predestined their actions.

LA

I do not believe any of God's ordinations and decrees are contingent upon the choices or actions of His creatures. All that God has ordered to be, is Sovereign.

I do believe that physical evidence lends to the praise that God deserves, when manifested in believers' obedience and conformance to His will.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No.

This is Arminian thought. Such reduces God to a reactionary rather than being Sovereign (ruler).

Interesting comment.

When you were a child, were you not able to persuade your natural father in regard to something?

Did that reduce your fathers authority or make him out to be weak if you succeeded.

Jdg 10:13 Yet ye have forsaken me, and served other gods: wherefore I will deliver you no more.
Jdg 10:14 Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation.
Jdg 10:15 And the children of Israel said unto the LORD, We have sinned: do thou unto us whatsoever seemeth good unto thee; deliver us only, we pray thee, this day.
Jdg 10:16 And they put away the strange gods from among them, and served the LORD: and his soul was grieved for the misery of Israel.

The Lord then delivered them for He had changed His mind, and because of what His people did.

LA

Robert Pate

Banned
This is legal, law preaching, a works gospel !

Your Gospel is Calvinism. You say it is right in your mast head.

Calvinism did not come out of the Bible. There is not enough scripture to support it. Much of the doctrine of Calvinism is in conflict with the Bible. Calvinism came out of the perverted mind of the heretic John Calvin. If you continue in it you will perish.

beloved57

Your Gospel is Calvinism. You say it is right in your mast head.

Calvinism did not come out of the Bible. There is not enough scripture to support it. Much of the doctrine of Calvinism is in conflict with the Bible. Calvinism came out of the perverted mind of the heretic John Calvin. If you continue in it you will perish.

You teach a legalistic Gospel, same as the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
If God wanted all mankind without exception to come to the knowledge of the Truth,
then why did He hide or conceal it from the wise and prudent Luke 10:21?

~~~~

Your God is devious and cruel. This is why you can't trust him.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Interesting comment.

When you were a child, were you not able to persuade your natural father in regard to something?

Did that reduce your fathers authority or make him out to be weak if you succeeded.

Jdg 10:13 Yet ye have forsaken me, and served other gods: wherefore I will deliver you no more.
Jdg 10:14 Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation.
Jdg 10:15 And the children of Israel said unto the LORD, We have sinned: do thou unto us whatsoever seemeth good unto thee; deliver us only, we pray thee, this day.
Jdg 10:16 And they put away the strange gods from among them, and served the LORD: and his soul was grieved for the misery of Israel.

The Lord then delivered them for He had changed His mind, and because of what His people did.

LA

You describe repentance and faith, as expression of love towards God, which I have no argument against.

However, I think this is our Christian duty to perform as believers, rather than a method to curry God's favor.

For after all, we can only repent and obey Him as a result of His saving grace and gift of faith, to begin with.

We love Him BECAUSE He first loved us. I John 4:9-10

Robert Pate

Banned
Everything that we have on this earth is gift from God. Man was created to receive. If you don't receive God's great free gift of salvation that has been made possible by the doing and dying of Jesus, you will suffer the consequences of being a Christ rejector, which is eternal damnation.

beloved57

Everything that we have on this earth is gift from God. Man was created to receive. If you don't receive God's great free gift of salvation that has been made possible by the doing and dying of Jesus, you will suffer the consequences of being a Christ rejector, which is eternal damnation.

Teaching salvation by works, by what a person does!

Nanja

A person can receive Christ in a way that leads to Salvation only after they have been given a New Nature / New Birth,
because the natural man cannot discern Spiritual Things.

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 3:27
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

~~~~

beloved57

A person can receive Christ in a way that leads to Salvation only after they have been given a New Nature / New Birth,
because the natural man cannot discern Spiritual Things.

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 3:27
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

~~~~

Amen, those who received Christ had been born of God Jn 1:12-13 !