Homosexuality selected because of societal function

glassjester

Preach what? Do you think it's immoral for any heterosexual, fertile married couple to have any sort of sexual intimacy that couldn't potentially produce a child? Possibly a rhetorical question but humour me anyway...

Are you not familiar with Catholic Church's teaching on this matter?

Arthur Brain

Again - if you had chosen, based on some moral principle, not to expose yourself to that type of music (barring accidental exposure), would you still have developed a taste for it?

Or would your moral choice, have prevented you from developing such a taste?

Well, like I've just said, the ear isn't restricted by some random form of 'morality'. You might as well argue that one could find it immoral to be attracted to women and then convince yourself that that stunning lass across the street isn't that attractive after all...

glassjester

Well, like I've just said, the ear isn't restricted by some random form of 'morality'.

But if you'd chosen not to put that music in your ear...

I think the answer's obvious.
If you had never been exposed to that music, you wouldn't (in fact, couldn't!) have developed a taste for it.

So if you chose not to expose yourself to that music (again, barring accidental exposure), your choice would have affected your musical taste.

Arthur Brain

Are you not familiar with Catholic Church's teaching on this matter?

Well, that's why I mentioned the 'rhetorical' bit there ya know? Tell me this though. If it's immoral to have any sexual intimacy that can't result with possible reproduction then is it immoral for couples to decide not to have sex so as not to procreate also?

glassjester

Well, that's why I mentioned the 'rhetorical' bit there ya know? Tell me this though. If it's immoral to have any sexual intimacy that can't result with possible reproduction then is it immoral for couples to decide not to have sex so as not to procreate also?

A disuse of sex is not a misuse of sex.

Remember, we've got a celibate clergy.

Arthur Brain

But if you'd chosen not to put that music in your ear...

I think the answer's obvious.
If you had never been exposed to that music, you wouldn't (in fact, couldn't!) have developed a taste for it.

So if you chose not to expose yourself to that music (again, barring accidental exposure), your choice would have affected your musical taste.

What are the chances of not hearing a work by another composer, or a sound that suddenly grabs the ear? Essentially you might as well argue that I find sound itself immoral and just live with earmuffs on for me life. Your argument simply doesn't work. I didn't ask to get blown away by 'The Rite Of Spring' at 13 or so many other pieces in my life. You don't 'chose' those moments dude. They choose you.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hello ACW - Have you read that study in which researchers changed the sexual preferences of mice from hetero- to homo- by manipulating their serotonin levels with drugs?

I'd guess you've seen that one already.
Sheds some light on the correlation between illegal drug use and homosexual activity.

Why would I waste my time reading such studies? First homosexualist Selaphiel links a study about homosexuality amongst fruit flies,
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...tal-function&p=4774681&viewfull=1#post4774681

and now you're talking about homosexuality amongst mice?

Obviously the LGBTQ movement is hard up for evidence that homosexuality is hardwired in humans, so they waste taxpayer dollars on worthless and irrelevant supposed "studies".

glassjester

What are the chances of not hearing a work by another composer, or a sound that suddenly grabs the ear? Essentially you might as well argue that I find sound itself immoral and just live with earmuffs on for me life. Your argument simply doesn't work. I didn't ask to get blown away by 'The Rite Of Spring' at 13 or so many other pieces in my life. You don't 'chose' those moments dude. They choose you.

Would you wear Hitler's sweater?

glassjester

Obviously the LGBTQ movement is hard up for evidence that homosexuality is hardwired in humans, so they waste taxpayer dollars on worthless and irrelevant supposed "studies".

Au contraire.

These researchers came to quite the opposite conclusion.
That study destroyed the "hardwired" theory.

Essentially, they took some hetero- mice. (Male mice that sought female mates, and did not seek out sexual activity with males.) They put them all together in a cage, got them high on some cocaine derivative, and they went homo. And they stayed homo afterwards, too. Even when not high. They avoided sexual contact with females after that, and sought only homosexual activity.

It wasn't hard-wired.
It's because they got high.

glassjester

If you're just gonna go down this random route then I'm rapidly losing interest.

It's not random.
Our values, our morals, affect our perceptions.
We don't just rely on physical sensations.

Hitler might have had a really comfy sweater.
But I'd still be uncomfortable wearing it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought it encompassed oral sex as well? Let's be honest here, that is rampant across any sexual community, so is that just as foul?
This is kinda sensitive, but my thoughts are that if the mouth is used to stimulate ejaculation of sperm, then it's being used for something it was not intended and would be a misuse.
So it would be a no-no.

A little more sensitive ...

Spoiler
My thoughts about giving it a little kiss or a caress with my hand would be affectionate, but not done to make it ejaculate on my mouth or my hand.
The whole point of the sperm is find an egg, and there ain't no egg on my mouth or hands.
So that's obviously not where the organ was meant to ejaculate.
So by any definition, it would be "unnatural" to use the organ to ejaculate anywhere other than where it was intended to ejaculate.

Arthur Brain

I don't know. Never? That seems not-quite-right to me.
Why did they seek marriage in the first place?

Maybe because they loved each other and wanted to make such a commitment, but didn't want to have children, or at least have a limit on how many? If it's your belief that any kind of sex that couldn't at least potentially result in a child is immoral then what other choice would a couple have if to be abstinent, at least after a certain point if they believed the same?

glassjester

Maybe because they loved each other and wanted to make such a commitment, but didn't want to have children, or at least have a limit on how many? If it's your belief that any kind of sex that couldn't at least potentially result in a child is immoral then what other choice would a couple have if to be abstinent, at least after a certain point if they believed the same?

Well that's why I asked why they would seek marriage, if they never intended to have sex.
We're getting into the purpose of marriage, now.

I believe being open to the possibility of children is a necessary part of, and prerequisite to sacramental marriage.