ECT Holy Laughter: Christian Behavior or Something Else

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Uncontrollable laughter is not in the Bible; it is a false teaching from those who claim to be charismatic.

GT, false teeth are not in the Bible either. It doesn't mean that false teeth are wrong. Do you wear anything with nylon in it? Nylon is not in the Bible. Computers are not in the Bible.
Anyway put your false teeth back in and enjoy a laugh. (Yes, I don't know if your teeth sparkle, but they are certainly like stars - they come out at night.)

There is no such thing as holy laughter.

Genesis 21:6

Listen, I feel as uncomfortable in the presence of this phenomenon as you probably do. But you have to overcome your own feelings and prejudices. Obviously you do not know the Bible or you would have thought of the above passage straightaway. Judge the heart, not the outward manifestation.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi,

I can risk the criticism now but I really do not want the mockers to be judged for it, but I will say this anyway.

I went through a number of years of mental anguish because I went astray and caused some damage to my loved ones for which I became very sorry about and it seemed impossible to repair the damage, and it is not all fixed up yet.

However I was driving along and I began to rejoice and laugh and I had a vision of myself across the Lords lap as a child is being spanked and the Lord said to me "it is all finished" and I saw that the Lord was laughing too . We laughed.

Now some might guess about what kind of laugh it was, but it certainly was not the mocking or making fun of other people kind.

I laughed and laughed for a long time after that.

In our church we went through a stage of laughing too, and it was a great joy. We laughed so much we were rolling on the floor.

We did not make a religion of it though, and we went through the burn up stage, the demons stage, the laying on of hands with prayer, etc. and never made a religion out of them either.

This Kundalini awakening thing has nothing to do with it.

Most every false religion in the world has focused on some aspect of truth and tried to copy it.

The infiltration of pretenders into the ranks of the saints to destroy their peace and deter others from joining them is common practice of satan servers, but the Lord does not want to accept the half hearted who are deterred by them.

LA

Psa 126:1 A Song of degrees. When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
Psa 126:2 Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.
Psa 126:3 The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.
Psa 126:4 Turn again our captivity, O LORD, as the streams in the south.
Psa 126:5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Psa 126:6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

God's Truth

GT, false teeth are not in the Bible either. It doesn't mean that false teeth are wrong. Do you wear anything with nylon in it? Nylon is not in the Bible. Computers are not in the Bible.
Anyway put your false teeth back in and enjoy a laugh. (Yes, I don't know if your teeth sparkle, but they are certainly like stars - they come out at night.)

Genesis 21:6

Listen, I feel as uncomfortable in the presence of this phenomenon as you probably do. But you have to overcome your own feelings and prejudices. Obviously you do not know the Bible or you would have thought of the above passage straightaway. Judge the heart, not the outward manifestation.

We cannot add things to God's Truth just because it is not in the Bible. We are speaking of Spiritual things, not about false teeth.

The scripture about Sarah and others laughing at her because of her age and situation does not a doctrine make.

We must watch our lives and our doctrines closely. It is a serious matter to make up things that are not in the Bible and say it is a doctrine, or command from God. Do you know what happened to Aaron's two sons?

God's Truth

Hi,

I can risk the criticism now but I really do not want the mockers to be judged for it, but I will say this anyway.

I went through a number of years of mental anguish because I went astray and caused some damage to my loved ones for which I became very sorry about and it seemed impossible to repair the damage, and it is not all fixed up yet.

However I was driving along and I began to rejoice and laugh and I had a vision of myself across the Lords lap as a child is being spanked and the Lord said to me "it is all finished" and I saw that the Lord was laughing too . We laughed.

Now some might guess about what kind of laugh it was, but it certainly was not the mocking or making fun of other people kind.

I laughed and laughed for a long time after that.

In our church we went through a stage of laughing too, and it was a great joy. We laughed so much we were rolling on the floor.

We did not make a religion of it though, and we went through the burn up stage, the demons stage, the laying on of hands with prayer, etc. and never made a religion out of them either.

This Kundalini awakening thing has nothing to do with it.

Most every false religion in the world has focused on some aspect of truth and tried to copy it.

The infiltration of pretenders into the ranks of the saints to destroy their peace and deter others from joining them is common practice of satan servers, but the Lord does not want to accept the half hearted who are deterred by them.

LA

Nowadays tongue speaking is false too.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nowadays tongue speaking is false too.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mar 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

God's Truth

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mar 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have Mark 16:9-20.

HOWEVER, even if someone wants to believe the manuscripts that have these scriptures, we know that DURING the LAYING OF THE FOUNDATION, God TESTIFIED to what the Apostles said. God testified to it by giving signs.

The foundation has been laid already, and the gospel has already been testified to.

Speaking in tongues was a gift given, a sign, given (Isaiah 28:11) during the laying of the foundation of the Church (Hebrews 2:4). It was a sign to the Jews (Acts 2:6). Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose, God has given the sign (1Cor 14:21), and God has laid the foundation (Eph 2:20).

Word based mystic

many of you would have been uncomfortable with King David as he danced..

many would have been uncomfortable with the apostles as they were perceived as being drunk.

2 chronicles 5:14
so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the house of God.

Exodus 40:35 And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation,

the impact of How Gods presence or deliverance of someone who's body is finite can't be easily packaged.

sadly there are those that try to judge how Gods impact will hit a person physically.

look to the fruit.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When God brings one deliverance, one doesn't choose the package it comes in. Also, He doesn't force anyone to laugh. Those who look down their nose at God's spiritual gifts can never receive them. He doesn't force Himself upon anyone.

i agree because every person is different, feels different and expresses differently - Praise God ! ! ! i didn't read the OP, and "uncontrollable" doesn't sound good on the surface. i disagree with GT deciding what God given laughter or joy we have. i am not charismatic and have never pretended to be. we all have gifts to offer the Body Of Christ. i think it was Mark Twain that said - "there will be no laughter in heaven, because there is no sorrow" - or something like that - :rotfl:

God's Truth

many of you would have been uncomfortable with King David as he danced..

many would have been uncomfortable with the apostles as they were perceived as being drunk.

2 chronicles 5:14
so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the house of God.

Exodus 40:35 And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation,

the impact of How Gods presence or deliverance of someone who's body is finite can't be easily packaged.

sadly there are those that try to judge how Gods impact will hit a person physically.

look to the fruit.

It is nonsense. That is not from God.

God's Truth

i agree because every person is different, feels different and expresses differently - Praise God ! ! ! i didn't read the OP, and "uncontrollable" doesn't sound good on the surface. i disagree with GT deciding what God given laughter or joy we have. i am not charismatic and have never pretended to be. we all have gifts to offer the Body Of Christ. i think it was Mark Twain that said - "there will be no laughter in heaven, because there is no sorrow" - or something like that - :rotfl:

Stop saying I said something that I did not say. Show were I said God does not give joy or laughter.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The scripture about Sarah and others laughing at her because of her age and situation does not a doctrine make.

You made a simple statement that holy laughter was not in the Bible. This was your entire argument as to why you should reject the phenomenon of laughing. Since you no longer have that argument, then your rejection is wrong. It is not a question of making a doctrine out of laughter. That is just a straw man.
That statement was clearly wrong, demonstrating that you don't know the Bible.
Like I said, I am not supporting the phenomenon but you are going out of your way to negate something that is in the Bible. It is obvious that you don't like what is there. And anyway, they weren't laughing at her, they were laughing with her.

Word based mystic

i am sure that some of it is in the flesh, i am also sure that some of it is distracting spirits

but the church and scriptures has no such list of how to act in the presence of the lord, like some have presented here.

That is why there is an expectation of/or a gift of (spiritual) discernment a group of elders should be able to glance at one another and key in on a distractive or occultic spirit and deal with or remove such a one.

many people would also find it uncomfortable and believe it was of satan if

isaiah 20:2 Go and loosen the sackcloth from your hips and take your shoes off your feet." And he did so, going naked and barefoot. 3And the LORD said, "Even as My servant Isaiah has gone naked and barefoot

GT would you find this uncomfortable or the other list i showed you of mens actions or lack of in the presence of God??

Word based mystic

i know a lady who could not stand during a very powerful worship time.

She told one of the ministers she could taste wine. (the best) wine she had ever tasted.

She was a visitor and had never been to a church before. She also was an alcoholic for near 10 years.

She no longer is an alcoholic and Loves God and people now and has straightened her family life and work life up due to God impacting her.

Fruit and discernment.
Does the church have it
does the individual long term have it?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
i know a lady who could not stand during a very powerful worship time.

She told one of the ministers she could taste wine. (the best) wine she had ever tasted.

She was a visitor and had never been to a church before. She also was an alcoholic for near 10 years.

She no longer is an alcoholic and Loves God and people now and has straightened her family life and work life up due to God impacting her.

Fruit and discernment.
Does the church have it
does the individual long term have it?

Can an atheist stop drinking?