Hip Hop White House

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"So what's the difference? Supposing militancy and terrorism are the only fruits of Islam they are mere trivialities compared to what you actually yearn for in the name of God..."
"Yearn?" :rolleyes: ~ George Costanza

"You yearn for the day where every Non-Christian is cast into eternal torture whilst the few true believers ascend to a hive mind status with God..."
It's my hope that people get saved (2 Pe 3:9). They'll be worth the wait.

"The militancy of Islam is at best indistinguishable to what you propose and at worst, they got nothin' on your dreams."
For every truth there is Satan's counterfeit (Ga 5:9).

Arthur Brain

Us (Pr 8:36). Any human system could work with a God-fearing people. Every system fails without reverence and awe for God. Ex. 19:3–8 Deut. 26:16–19. Deut. 29:1–13; 1 Sam. 8:6.

Apparently, you need more convincing (Re 14:10).

That still isn't defining 'civilized' SD. Do you value the freedom afforded in Western society?

“It’s an evidence of decline, however, when women come into positions of authority. It’s not a reflection on womanhood, but the reflection is on manhood when womanhood takes the lead. It’s actually a sign of weakness, the sign of a flabby age.” J. Vernon McGee

See:

Deborah and Barak

Either that or the days of the misogynist are over and women are no longer repressed to the extent that they were. If you wanna knit socks and clean the bathroom etc then fair enough. No reason why other women should feel compelled to be chained to the sink.

[The Testimony of Great Men] "...From among the cloud of witnesses, further representing the intellect of the world, we appeal to England and we give the first place to speak, to Queen Victoria. An African Prince who was sent on an embassy with costly presents for Queen Victoria from an Ethiopian court, preferred a modest request that Her Majesty would tell him the secret of England's greatness and glory. Queen Victoria did not, like Hezekiah, show the ambassador her diamonds and her precious jewels and her rich ornaments, but handing him a beautifully bound copy of the Bible, said, "Tell the prince that this is the secret of England's greatness.' What a beautiful testimony from the Queen of England. Let me give another illustration of Queen Victoria's acceptance and faith in the teachings of the Bible. 'In a quiet cottage not far distant from Windsor Castle, the palace of the Queen, there lived some years ago, an aged Christian woman, who had seen nearly her hundredth year. The Queen having heard of this aged pilgrim decided to visit her. Great indeed was the joy of the old lady, as she looked on the face of her earthly sovereign. She exclaimed, 'What a joy, and what an honor to me that my Queen should come to see me.' Then she added joyfully, 'But I expect a greater joy, a greater honor still and that before long, I am going to see 'the King in His beauty,' Then softly and with much feeling, the aged saint enquired, 'May I venture to ask if your Majesty has such a hope?' Calmly, Queen Victoria the Sovereign of Great Britain and Empress of India, replied to the aged Pilgrim: 'Through Jesus Christ whose blood cleanseth from all sin, I have such a hope.'" The Testimony of Great Men [/URL

And? It doesn't mean she'd sit in pious judgement on the couple does it? She had to put up with a load of gossip and innuendo regarding John Brown if you're aware?

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
How can that be? The apostle Paul said:

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God (1 Co 6:8-11)."

The truth is--the gospel of Jesus Christ is powerful. It changes men. It did then. I does now. Do you think Paul was lying?
I think he was delusional.

Is that a picture of you (avatar)? :smokie:
I wish. Though I am the same age and look just as young as she does.

zoo22

Wouldn't it be nice to hear :Nineveh: them :peach: talk about black men staying with their wives to head up their families?

Do you feel me, yo? :think:

You're a raging simpleton and you have no idea what you're commenting on.

Here's one of Common's numerous songs talking about black men staying with their wives to head up their families. It's also anti-abortion. And you make taseless jokes. Think and investigate before you speak.

Common w/ Lauryn Hill - Retrospect for Life

Call it what you'd like. It's not "poetry".

I hope it's not only me who notices that you've been presented with exactly what you asked for, and you completely ignore it.

It could be interesting to discuss some of the things you post (Like Common being invited to the White House for an evening of music and poetry), but I don't think you're capable. I don't believe you understand most of the topics you post, and I don't believe you have any interest in understanding. It too bad. Discussion's important. You should try it sometime. But instead your thread just spirals away from topic and further and further from reality. A serpentdove free-for-all, as usual.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
That still isn't defining 'civilized' SD. Do you value the freedom afforded in Western society?
We value freedom. Satan hates our open and free society which is why he'd like to destroy it (Ge 12:3). He hates God's people which is why he is out to destroy them. You should love freedom if for no other reason than Satan hates it (Jn 8:36). You should love the Jews if for no other reason than Satan hates them (De 7:6,7).

Do you believe American would be at the top of al Qaeda's hit list if we were anti-Semitic? :rolleyes: When you are feeling anti-Semitic by the way, you know who is speaking in your ear. :devil:

bybee

['Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading] "...Here’s an opportunity to relive your high-school poetry classes.

First Lady Michelle Obama has scheduled a poetry evening for Wednesday, and she’s invited several poets, including a successful Chicago poet and rapper, Lonnie Rashid Lynn, Jr., AKA “Common.” However, Lynn is quite controversial, in part because his poetry includes threats to shoot police and at least one passage calling for the “burn[ing]” of then-President George W. Bush..." Full text: 'Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

Would you call Michelle Obama :peach: a classy woman? :rolleyes:

I believe she invited him believing it was a good thing. He would bring diversity to the event.
We live in an era of great change. Our president is of mixed heritage. This speaks enormously well of America. (I didn't vote for him but I would still vote for Colin Powell!) We learn as we go. We are open to innovation and new ways. This has contributed to our greatness as a nation even though along the way we have taken a few prat falls!
I believe Michelle Obama is a fine woman. She brings a unique style to her job that many will choose to emulate. Harvard graduate, not too shabby. Good to her mother, I like that. And obviously, her husband listens to her because he respects her, I like that too.
So keep in mind we move along and we learn.

Arthur Brain

We value freedom. Satan hates our open and free society which is why he'd like to destroy it (Ge 12:3). He hates God's people which is why he is out to destroy them. You should love freedom if for no other reason than Satan hates it (Jn 8:36). You should love the Jews if for no other reason than Satan hates them (De 7:6,7).

Do you believe American would be at the top of al Qaeda's hit list if we were anti-Semitic? :rolleyes: When you are feeling anti-Semitic by the way, you know who is speaking in your ear. :devil:

Only you could start waffling on about anti semitism as if that was relevant to the point. :freak: FYI I've never been, nor will be an anti semite...

:plain:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Time for those meds SD....

:kookoo:
You're just jealous because Wiz and I are best buddies now. :eek:

We've come to an understanding on all things (I won all of the debates). The only dispute that remains is--and feel free to jump in--Who is better :guitar: Randy Rhoads or Eddie Van Halen? :think:

Arthur Brain

You're just jealous because Wiz and I are best buddies now. :eek:

We've come to an understanding on all things (I won all of the debates). The only dispute that remains is--and feel free to jump in--Who is better :guitar: Randy Rhoads or Eddie Van Halen? :think:

Er.....definitely times for those meds SD....

:plain:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Why start a thread questioning Michelle Obama's 'classiness' as if listening to hip-hop is beneath consulting astrological charts (or metal and Ozzie for that matter).
You just pick and choose topics based on your biases.
Burning and killing Presidents. Praising cop killers. Common went to Jeremiah Wright's racist Trinity United Church of Christ.

Ozzy is with a "y" by the way. :rolleyes:

Skavau

serpentdove said:
It's my hope that people get saved (2 Pe 3:9). They'll be worth the wait.
Whether or not you hope that people will be saved has nothing to do with the core point here. You still do believe that those who could not be saved will be tortured for eternity and you still on that point believe it to be completely justified and entirely righteous. You also speak, like many who advocate and long towards the end of the earth lovingly of the machination that you believe will be responsible for the destruction involved with it. You literally look forward to the day that the majority of the planet are condemned to everlasting torment and earth itself is totaled.

And that sir, is how a militant has nothing on your dreams.