Hello one and all!

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Hello and Welcome. Your profile says you not Jewish. So, may I ask why you are using the "Messianic Jew" label? That leads people to believe you are Jewish. I take it you are involved in the Messianic movement?

The "two house heresy?"...

Welcome "Jerusha"...

Dena

Thank you for the welcome!
If the question is addressed to me, I don't subscribe to two house theology.

Yes, I think she's asking how you can be a non-Jew and a Messianic Jew at the same time. That's my assumption anyway. I could be wrong.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd just like to point out, this is one of the nicest hello threads I've ever read! :)
Okay, Ohio is nice; starting to cool off and gear up for Autumn. Politically, it's tense, Ohio being one of the hardest hit states economically.
What is Ohio's economy based upon?

Thank you for the welcome!
If the question is addressed to me, I don't subscribe to two house theology.

What's "two house" theology?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I think she's asking how you can be a non-Jew and a Messianic Jew at the same time. That's my assumption anyway. I could be wrong.

If someone is claiming to be a Jew and they are not then that is called a "wanna be". It isn't necessary and if they ascribe some Biblical theology to it then it can't be found. It only takes them in a non Biblical direction.

but...welcome "Jerusha" the gentile Jew.

Dena

I think the "messianic jew" label is problematic. If you lean messianic the straight christian label doesn't fit. However, if you use the "messianic jew" label then everyone thinks you are a Jew and that's dishonest (if you aren't actually Jewish).

IMJerusha

I'd just like to point out, this is one of the nicest hello threads I've ever read! :)What is Ohio's economy based upon?

Automotive and related industries, electronics of all sorts, DHL was located here, Fruit of the Loom was here and agriculture which is still here and seems to be doing well.

What's "two house" theology?

The kingdom of Israel, consisting of the ten northern tribes, was taken into captivity by the Assyrians. The kingdom of Judah, consisting of the tribes of Benjamin and Judah, was taken into captivity by the Babylonians some years later. Two House theology posits that the ten tribes became a multitude of nations since their Assyrian captivity and are wandering around the world, for the most part, still not yet rejoined to the kingdom of Judah. That's kind of a brief description. A lot of Gentiles think they may be of the lost ten tribes. I'm not one of them.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

If someone is claiming to be a Jew and they are not then that is called a "wanna be". It isn't necessary and if they ascribe some Biblical theology to it then it can't be found. It only takes them in a non Biblical direction.

but...welcome "Jerusha" the gentile Jew.

Thank you so much for the welcome but I must remind you that followers of Jesus/Yeshua are adopted/grafted into the tribe of Judah. I'm not a Jew nor am I a Jew "wanna be" yet I follow the faith expression of Messianic Judaism which is why I chose the label of "Messianic Jew" offered here. There was no intent on my part to deceive. I assure you Sky, I am not going in a non-Biblical direction but rather a literal Biblical direction (TMPOV). It's a direction I am content with. :)

Dena

The Proctor & Gamble Headquarters is also here. My husband works for P&G as a Mechanical Engineer (not at the Headquarters, that's an office building). Actually, Cinncinnati has quite a few Fortune 500 companies headquartered here (Kroger, Macy's, etc). We rank higher than large cities like New York and LA when you consider number of companies per number of residents. The largest employer here is the University, supossedly.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Thank you so much for the welcome but I must remind you that followers of Jesus/Yeshua are adopted/grafted into the tribe of Judah. I'm not a Jew nor am I a Jew "wanna be" yet I follow the faith expression of Messianic Judaism which is why I chose the label of "Messianic Jew" offered here. There was no intent on my part to deceive. I assure you Sky, I am not going in a non-Biblical direction but rather a literal Biblical direction (TMPOV). It's a direction I am content with. :)

Really? where in the Bible are gentile Christians grafted into the tribe of Judah? be specific.

IMJerusha

I think the "messianic jew" label is problematic. If you lean messianic the straight christian label doesn't fit. However, if you use the "messianic jew" label then everyone thinks you are a Jew and that's dishonest (if you aren't actually Jewish).

Perhaps. Messianic Judaism consists of both Jews and Gentiles, however, and I purposefully showed myself to be a Gentile on my profile so as not to be dishonest.

Dena

Perhaps. Messianic Judaism consists of both Jews and Gentiles, however, and I purposefully showed myself to be a Gentile on my profile so as not to be dishonest.

Don't expect everyone will look at it. I looked because as soon as someone calls themself a "messianic jew" I'm curious to know if they are actually Jewish.

I can't remember, do you attend a messianic church?

IMJerusha

Really? where in the Bible are gentile Christians grafted into the tribe of Judah? be specific.

I would point you to Romans Chapter 11. Specificity notwithstanding, there's a lot to be learned from reading the whole chapter. Enjoy!