Hello, Its Nice To Be Here.

musterion

PureX @ post 55:

Thanks for your reply. I will make an effort to make additional comments tomorrow, but for now I will just make the observation that on your lights Christianity can be anything you say it is.

You just nailed the essence of Purex. But beware...he hates the "judgmentalism" of "fundies," while being one of the most ruthlessly, hypocritically judgmental posters on this site.

JAGG

Thank you, and welcome aboard. :)

Thanks again.

By all means, feel free (and with all respect, I urge you) to ask anyone you encounter on TOL claiming to be a believer, "What must the lost do to be saved?" It'll help you learn your way around quicker than anything else here.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Start with Purex.

Yeah, I have met Purex. We had a brief exchange about what is or is not Christianity :).

Tyrathca

Weren't you agnostic at one time?
Technically I'm an agnostic atheist, and have been since I was young. Though I think I've always given myself the label of atheist on my profile for this forum as it is what I identify with most and confused people less.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
PureX @ post 55:

Thanks for your reply. I will make an effort to make additional comments tomorrow, but for now
I will just make the observation that on your lights Christianity can be anything you say it is. If
homosexual sodomy can be cool, then so can consensual cannibalism if you say it is - - - because
on your lights Christianity can be whatever you decide it is. Which means that, on your
your approach, Christianity becomes nothing more than a large mass of goobblygook. Its
formless. Its nothing but goo. Shapeless. Each person, like yourself, can decide what it is,
and what it is not.

Afterthought.
I notice you have been here "forever", since Mar. 2003, that's a long time. You must really
like it here :).

PureX isn't one of the brightest posters on TOL.

Tyrathca

They don't exist. You hate Christ so deep down you hate all who love Him. Don't lie.
You're weird... And paranoid. Do you think I sacrifice puppies too?

I don't hate Christians, most of my closest friends have been Christian. Though I'm sure I'd hate you if I met you :)
Are you really friendly? :)

"The Tyrathca are a sentient xenoc species originating
from the distant star Mastrit-PJ"__off the web
Mostly, Tyrathca aren't known for violence towards humans ;)

Just don't take it personally when I vigorously disagree with you on certain issues (like God obviously)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Missing the nail........

Missing the nail........

You just nailed the essence of Purex. But beware...he hates the "judgmentalism" of "fundies," while being one of the most ruthlessly, hypocritically judgmental posters on this site.

'Fundies' have their share of trappings, but having an equally liberal voice doesn't necessarily make that person as hypocritical as others. Purex is a wonderful poster offering a versatility of insightful perspectives which can only enhance the discussion here, whose aim towards 'creative dialogue' is similar to my own. I find your 'critique' rather outlandish.

musterion

You're weird... And paranoid. Do you think I sacrifice puppies too?

I don't hate Christians, most of my closest friends have been Christian. Though I'm sure I'd hate you if I met you :)
Mostly, Tyrathca aren't known for violence towards humans ;)

Just don't take it personally when I vigorously disagree with you on certain issues (like God obviously)

Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose to justify you before God. Believe that while you can.

Tyrathca

Christ died for your sins, was buried, and rose to justify you before God. Believe that while you can.
Sorry but no, I don't believe you (or your book). You repeating basic christian doctrine (which I've known since a child and heard a thousand times already) isn't going to change that. :carryon:

musterion

Sorry but no, I don't believe you (or your book). You repeating basic christian doctrine (which I've known since a child and heard a thousand times already) isn't going to change that. :carryon:

I knew all that, I've read your story before. Just making sure everyone's clear on exactly what you are.

fzappa13

You obviously don't know the power of incantations ...

... there's no place like home ... there's no place like home ...

JAGG

Thanks for the hello, fzappa. I guess "Ola" is a hello - - - anyway the web thinks it is:

"'Hola' means hello. In Spanish, the "h" is always silent. " Ola" means "wave."__Off the web

That's another little new tidbit of info I just added to my store.

JAGG

Sorry but no, I don't believe you (or your book). You repeating
basic christian doctrine (which I've known since a child and
heard a thousand times already) isn't going to change that. :carryon:

Precisely! You understand your condition to the utmost perfection.

". . . our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that
they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of
Christ, who is the image of God."2 Cor.4:3-4

add this one:

"The person without the [Holy] Spirit does not accept the things
that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness,
and cannot understand them because they are discerned
only through the Spirit." 1 Cor. 2:14

and read these 2 verses together:

"All that the Father gives me will come to me . . . Stop grumbling
among yourselves, Jesus answered. No one can come to me,
unless the Father who sent me draws him."__The Lord Jesus