Hello, Its Nice To Be Here.

JAGG

Musterion,

Gotta go eat a cheeseburger with the wife at MacDonald's
right now. If you reply to my answer, I will be back later
this evening to read your comments.

musterion

Thanks for your reply. Let me turn it around onto myself.

If the same thing happened to me and I told the person Christ died for their sin, was buried three days, and rose again for their justification, and all they need do is believe those facts and they'd be saved and justified eternally in Christ...would hearing that be enough to save them, if they believe it?

Enjoy your cheeseburger. I'm partial to the DQP w/C, hold the O.

PureX

I would describe myself first as a Christian, secondly as a Christian family man, and thirdly I lean toward the conservative side of the political spectrum. My wife and children are also Christians and conservatives and I thank the Lord for that every day.
Why? Do you think liberal Christians are 'bad', or less righteous than yourselves? Do you think Jesus was a "conservative"? Or that he would have disdained "liberals"?

Just asking. … Mostly because I don't think our political and social proclivities have much to do with our being Christian. Or shouldn't, anyway. And if it does, we're probably pretty weak Christians.

Welcome! … I hope you stick around.

JAGG

Thanks for your reply.

Welcome

Let me turn it around onto myself. If the same thing happened to me and I told the person Christ died for their sin, was buried three days, and rose again for their justification, and all they need do is believe those facts and they'd be saved and justified eternally in Christ...would hearing that be enough to save them, if they believe it?

Your "all they need do is believe those facts" and your "hearing that" might be what I'd call a loaded question. I don't know what you mean by phrasing it that way? If you mean they can later on start robbing banks and killing people . . . lol ... and still be true Christians, then I'd answer your question by saying, "No, its not enough."

Enjoy your cheeseburger.

It was good, this one was fresh. Sometimes they stay in the bin to long and get stale. However I never complain about the food
in restaurants because the chefs/cooks can "doctor up" your food if you irritate them.

I'm partial to the DQP w/C, hold the O.

Double Quarter Pounder with cheese hold the onion :).

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Welcome

Your "all they need do is believe those facts" and your "hearing that" might be what I'd call a loaded question. I don't know what you mean by phrasing it that way? If you mean they can later on start robbing banks and killing people . . . lol ... and still be true Christians, then I'd answer your question by saying, "No, its not enough."

Those who walk with Christ stay the path of righteousness.

Welcome

JAGG

Why? Do you think liberal Christians are 'bad',

You have to define your word "liberal" before I would give you an answer.

or less righteous than yourselves?

My righteousness is imputed. That is, "credited" to my account, so to speak. ". . . to the man who does not work, but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness." Ro. 4:5
(See Ro. 4:23-24 as well.)

Do you think Jesus was a "conservative"?

Don't mean to be coy, but I have no clue what you mean by "conservative."

Or that he would have disdained "liberals"?

Same answer as above.

Just asking. … Mostly because I don't think our political and social proclivities have much to do with our being Christian. Or shouldn't, anyway. And if it does, we're probably pretty weak Christians.

Well, politics is what we do. The word is from "policies" and policy is what we do, and what we do is our behavior. And our behavior has a lot to do with the question, "Are we, or are we not a true Christian?" Same is true for our social behavior. A barnyard sexual moral code, for example, is not Christian.

Welcome! … I hope you stick around.

Thanks and thanks for the welcome.