Hello, Its Nice To Be Here.

musterion

Your "all they need do is believe those facts" and your "hearing that" might be what I'd call a loaded question. I don't know what you mean by phrasing it that way? If you mean they can later on start robbing banks and killing people . . . lol ... and still be true Christians, then I'd answer your question by saying, "No, its not enough."

I assure you, the question was not loaded. Let me rephrase it just a bit.

Convicted person asks me, "What must I do to be saved," or something to that effect.

I say, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, because He died for our sins, was buried, and rose again for our justification. Believe that and be saved."

Have I shared an accurate Gospel of salvation? Or have I left out something important? If so, what?

Thanks...

JAGG

Welcome to TOL, Jagg!

Thanks for the welcome, steko.

I'm glad you've got a sense of humor.

Gotta keep on grinning. The Internet is no fun if you don't
maintain a sense of humor. And having fun is a huge part
of posting.

You'll last longer here, with it.

Wow! Is it that bad here . . . lol ... what "knock down and drag out" stuff?
What do they do? Call you names if you don't agree with them? :)
Btw, I see where The Trumpet called Cruz "a liar" and a "nasty guy"
just prior to the Iowa voting. That was not very nice /grin.

JAGG

I assure you, the question was not loaded. Let me rephrase it just a bit.

Convicted person asks me, "What must I do to be saved," or something to that effect.

I say, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, because He died for our sins, was buried, and rose again for our justification. Believe that and be saved."

Have I shared an accurate Gospel of salvation? Or have I left out something important? If so, what?

Thanks...

:) I'm not certain what you are "getting at." I can only guess:

(1) Water baptism? If that's what you're "getting at", I would tell them to do it, because the New Testament tells them to do it.

(2) Do good works? If that's what you're "getting at", I would tell them to do some good works, not to earn their salvation, but do some good works because they are already saved, and saved people have an obligation to do some good works.

(3) Join a Bible believing church? If that's what you're "getting at", I would tell them to do that, because the New Testament tells them to do that. I would also tell them that they did not have to be a voted-in-member of a local church in order to be saved. But again I would strongly suggest that they join a local church and become a faithful member.

Afterthought:
I'm gonna guess you have # 1 in mind. Am I right?

musterion

:) I'm not certain what you are "getting at." I can only guess:

Don't guess. I'm not "getting at" anything. I simply asked you if there's something a convicted sinner MUST know and believe to be saved that I would be leaving out, in that scenario.

Do you think there is?

Because I don't.
Afterthought:
I'm gonna guess you have # 1 in mind. Am I right?

Nope.

JAGG

Don't guess. I'm not "getting at" anything. I simply asked you if there's something a convicted sinner MUST know and believe to be saved that I would be leaving out, in that scenario.

Do you think there is?

Because I don't.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, because He died for our sins, was buried, and rose again for our justification. Believe that and be saved."__musterion

Yes I would agree with that. That's all a man would have to believe in order to be saved. I don't think you left anything out.

PureX

You have to define your word "liberal" before I would give you an answer.
Well, you were so "grateful" that all your family is "conservative", so I was just wondering why. If there was something you thought horribly wrong with a family being liberal?

I am very liberal, by most peoples definition, and I don't see that as a bad thing, or as something someone would be grateful not to be. :think:
Don't mean to be coy, but I have no clue what you mean by "conservative."
What did YOU mean by it? After all, it's you who is so grateful that all your family is conservative. I'm just asking because I think it's an odd comment, and perhaps expresses a bias that you might want to be aware of, as a Christian.
Well, politics is what we do. The word is from "policies" and policy is what we do, and what we do is our behavior.
Then politics isn't really what we do, so much as it's what we think we ought to be doing. While, for whatever reason, we often seem not to do what we think we ought to be doing. :chuckle:
And our behavior has a lot to do with the question, "Are we, or are we not a true Christian?"
What is a "true" Christian? Doesn't anyone who thinks they're a Christian think they're a "true" Christian? I mean, is there anyone who thinks they're a "false" Christian? The reason I'm asking is that I think this question is only being imposed on other people. I don't think it's ever really being imposed on one's self. And I'm not sure why we think we have the right or the ability to impose that question on others.
Same is true for our social behavior. A barnyard sexual moral code, for example, is not Christian.
Well, that depends on what one thinks a Christian is. We don't all agree about this, and no one person gets to be right while everyone else has to be wrong. I know everyone THINKS they're the right one, but that's just hubris, of course. And our moral codes are different, too, depending on how we understand Christ, and what we think it means to be a Christian.

I, for example, as a non-Judaic Christian, do not believe that homosexuality is a "sin". So although I am not a homosexual, I have no particular concern for their spiritual state, social status, or anything else, based on their being homosexual. Yet lots of other Christians disagree, and some insist I can't be a Christian if I don't accept a whole pile of ancient Judaic religious dogma. But I don't really care, because I know they aren't the "gatekeepers of Christianity" even though they always think they are.

So, anyway, I'm happy to discuss anything. Maybe once you get to know a very liberal non-Judaic Christian or two, they won't seem like such evil demons with their barnyard morals an all. :chuckle: (just teasing)

musterion

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, because He died for our sins, was buried, and rose again for our justification. Believe that and be saved."__musterion

Yes I would agree with that. That's all a man would have to believe in order to be saved. I don't think you left anything out.

Thank you, and welcome aboard. :)

By all means, feel free (and with all respect, I urge you) to ask anyone you encounter on TOL claiming to be a believer, "What must the lost do to be saved?" It'll help you learn your way around quicker than anything else here. Start with Purex.

JAGG

PureX @ post 55:

Thanks for your reply. I will make an effort to make additional comments tomorrow, but for now
I will just make the observation that on your lights Christianity can be anything you say it is. If
homosexual sodomy can be cool, then so can consensual cannibalism if you say it is - - - because
on your lights Christianity can be whatever you decide it is. Which means that, on your
your approach, Christianity becomes nothing more than a large mass of goobblygook. Its
formless. Its nothing but goo. Shapeless. Each person, like yourself, can decide what it is,
and what it is not.

Afterthought.
I notice you have been here "forever", since Mar. 2003, that's a long time. You must really
like it here :).