Hello from a former Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is absurd. But that's not what Christianity teaches. So you left "Christianity" because you never had faith in an absurdity that has nothing to do with true Christianity.

It's exactly what Christianity teaches. Believe that there is one God, that Jesus Christ is his son, that he died for your sins and rose from the grave. Believe it or burn in hell. And believe it without a shred of concrete evidence.

I think I have a very good idea of what the Christian hypothesis is.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's exactly what Christianity teaches.

:nono:

Believe that there is one God, that Jesus Christ is his son, that he died for your sins and rose from the grave. Believe it or burn in hell. And believe it without a shred of concrete evidence.
James 2:19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

Belief has very little to do with salvation. Of course it is a pre-requisite, but it is in no way a qualification.

Perhaps you'd like to try again? :idunno:

I think I have a very good idea of what the Christian hypothesis is.

I believe you have no idea what you're talking about.

You just acknowledged that belief is a prerequisite. I couldn't care less what whatever version of Christianity you follow (and there are thousands) says must come after the belief: belief in the unproven is required. Failure to believe results in judgment. I got it exactly right the first time.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You just acknowledged that belief is a prerequisite. I couldn't care less what whatever version of Christianity you follow (and there are thousands) says must come after the belief: belief in the unproven is required. Failure to believe results in judgment. I got it exactly right the first time.

Yes, belief is a pre-requisite. I'd find it difficult to confess Christ as Lord if I did not believe in Him. :)

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Athiests confuse the Kierkegaardian blind leap of 'faith' (which is actually presumption) and biblical faith in the historical person and work of Jesus Christ who claimed to be and proved that He is God.

It is stupid to believe something with no evidence. Just because atheists don't like the evidence does not mean it does not exist or is not worthy of trusting.

We want to see in order to believe. Jesus reversed it and said to believe and you will see. We can believe based on the light of God, but fuller understanding only comes through the Spirit/Word to those who believe (otherwise, more light rejected by an unbeliever just leads to more hardening/condemnation).

dan b

After 2000AD you can have proof of Christianity!

After 2000AD you can have proof of Christianity!

Hello friends,
Now that we have passed 6000 years developing humankind the last millinnium is for rest. Today we still use faith and preaching the word of God as our entrance to salvation, but we now also can have proofs. The Miracles of the Holy Spirit are brought about by reason and understanding. And there are many miracles made light for us today! dan b

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
ever evolving consciousness......

ever evolving consciousness......

Hi Jeremy,

Life's a journey. Each of us are 'where' we are at...because of Life carrying us to this very 'point' along the Path, amid so many factors that coordinated such movements,.....so here we are :) This is reality, as we are knowing it.

We each have a wonderful history that helped to guide us to where we are...and the adventure is ever continuing. Do you have an interest in any other religious traditions, philosophy, metaphysics or spirituality?

Namaste,

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.