Hell

Arthur Brain

Why are you being accused by way2go for being cultist?

As for hell yes no surprise that this construct was developed in a time when the church in the wilderness was becoming less jewish for PR reasons...divorcing itself from OT teaching and tradition to market itself to a new demographic hell was an important tool to bring ‘em in...during a time most were illiterate and denied access to scripture themselves to see if these new traditions followed scripture...

What once was the gospel which brought the goyim in to pack the synagogues to hear Moses read every Sabbath (that being that Someone resurrected) was slowly replaced with “either you do as we tell you or you and your family go to purgatory if you are kinda good and straight to hell if you are bad”(bad being works you didnt do for them...works they made up like you not assisting in the Sunday Mass, worshipping a mystery triune god, used images for worship...etc et al)

After the first century...much of this new church did not follow the Way but continued the jewish false witness that Yahushua was taught changing the customs and traditions and established new laws...this indeed was a different counterfeit cultist way2go

All very plausible and reasoned.

Which is why it's discarded by fundamentalists.

:eek:

Arthur Brain

In the hell cult, the God of your conception creates finite children, allows an invisible Satan to fool them, even working with Satan to mess with their heads, then raises his children from the dead and tortures them for an eternity? Is it any wonder that sooooo many people don't believe in your idea of God?

If such a God existed, each day of eternal torture would be proof that he is neither good nor Love.

That's the "joys" of religious doctrine. People who are brainwashed into it can believe anything, no matter how cruel or monstrous and still, genuinely believe it to be "right". There's no reason or reasoning until they can think outside of dogma. In fairness, you or I could be posting the same if we were brought up in such surroundings.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So in the Hell cult, God will eventually destroy the Satan that mislead the world...….but continually keep alive his kids for torture forever?

I could see Jesus asking, "errrm, Dad, this really isn't making any sense"????

clefty

So in the Hell cult, God will eventually destroy the Satan that mislead the world...….but continually keep alive his kids for torture forever?

I could see Jesus asking, "errrm, Dad, this really isn't making any sense"????

And does this torture increase? I mean even POWs build a tolerance to pain and well over ETERNITY what does that look like?

Who gives the order to turn he dials up and when? Devise new flames even more magical? I mean what fuels this BBQ?

Take a solid steal ball the size of the earth have a bird fly every 500 years and brush its wing on it...by the time this giant ball of solid steel is worn down to a BB from the bird wings brushing against it...well that will be the first moment of hell’s eternity of ever increasing torture...

For 70+ years of bad choices and being deceived or trusting the wrong shepherd...etc

Not sure we worship the same god not seeing the love of Yah there...or what the Bible actually teaches

Caino

BANNED
Banned
This coming from the Urantia cult... :mock:

Straw man.

:blabla:

Answer the question. Will God destroy Satan who mislead his children......but resurrect the children that Satan mislead and keep them alive for an eternity so he can torture them?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And does this torture

It's torment, Torture implies a torturer. One can be tormented and not have someone tormenting them.

increase?

To the extent that their hatred for God increases, yes.

I mean even POWs build a tolerance to pain and well over ETERNITY what does that look like?

Who gives the order to turn he dials up and when?

Who says there's someone to turn the dial in the first place?

Devise new flames even more magical?

There's no such thing as magic.

I mean what fuels this BBQ?

The unrepentant sinner's rejection of God.

Take a solid steal ball the size of the earth have a bird fly every 500 years and brush its wing on it...by the time this giant ball of solid steel is worn down to a BB from the bird wings brushing against it...

:think:

https://youtu.be/sl9pTDK8PAk

well that will be the first moment of hell’s eternity of ever increasing torture...

Not torture...

Torment.

Answer the question.

I did. Your implied accusation was a straw man.

Will God destroy Satan

Allow me to clarify:

Creatures designed to be eternal cannot be destroyed, because to do so would require an infinite amount of effort, over an eternity.

Both angels and man were designed to be eternal creatures (even with rejuvenation from the Tree of Life).

who mislead his children......but resurrect the children that Satan mislead and keep them alive for an eternity so he can torture them?

God Himself cannot destroy that which He created to last forever.

Therefore your question is misleading.

Arthur Brain

It's torment, Torture implies a torturer. One can be tormented and not have someone tormenting them.

To the extent that their hatred for God increases, yes.

Who says there's someone to turn the dial in the first place?

There's no such thing as magic.

The unrepentant sinner's rejection of God.

:think:

https://youtu.be/sl9pTDK8PAk

Not torture...

Torment.

I did. Your implied accusation was a straw man.

Allow me to clarify:

Creatures designed to be eternal cannot be destroyed, because to do so would require an infinite amount of effort, over an eternity.

Both angels and man were designed to be eternal creatures (even with rejuvenation from the Tree of Life).

God Himself cannot destroy that which He created to last forever.

Therefore your question is misleading.

So, effectively, there's a "loving" God who creates beings and doesn't torture them but allows them to suffer for eternity if they don't believe the right thing in a finite lifespan.

Makes perfect sense in doctrinal, unthinking land I suppose...

:rain:

Arthur Brain

And does this torture increase? I mean even POWs build a tolerance to pain and well over ETERNITY what does that look like?

Who gives the order to turn he dials up and when? Devise new flames even more magical? I mean what fuels this BBQ?

Take a solid steal ball the size of the earth have a bird fly every 500 years and brush its wing on it...by the time this giant ball of solid steel is worn down to a BB from the bird wings brushing against it...well that will be the first moment of hell’s eternity of ever increasing torture...

For 70+ years of bad choices and being deceived or trusting the wrong shepherd...etc

Not sure we worship the same god not seeing the love of Yah there...or what the Bible actually teaches

This is what doctrines do. Start with something so monstrous beyond reason and then justify it through legalism. That the Bible itself contains the most eloquent descriptions of love doesn't matter a bit. Love is kind?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So, effectively, there's a "loving" God who creates beings and doesn't torture them but allows them to suffer for eternity if they don't believe the right thing in a finite lifespan.

No, only if they reject Him.

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them )in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. - Romans 2:12-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans2:12-16&version=NKJV

But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. - Luke 12:48 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke12:48&version=NKJV

Makes perfect sense in doctrinal, unthinking land I suppose...

:allsmile:

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom;but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness,but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. - 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians1:18-25&version=NKJV

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This is what doctrines do. Start with something so monstrous beyond reason and then justify it through legalism. That the Bible itself contains the most eloquent descriptions of love doesn't matter a bit. Love is kind?
Is it loving to those who love God to force those who reject God to live for eternity with those who love God?

Arthur Brain

No, only if they reject Him.

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them )in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. - Romans 2:12-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans2:12-16&version=NKJV

But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. - Luke 12:48 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke12:48&version=NKJV

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom;but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness,but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. - 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians1:18-25&version=NKJV

Your silly little smiley's only underline the point. You're just a legalist and it's so ironic given your latter. The legalists of the time seemed to have little to no love about them either. What do you think love is JR? You made an embarrassing allegation in regards to me where you were so wrong it was funny so just be careful if you actually answer on the point.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Your silly little smiley's only underline the point. You're just a legalist and it's so ironic given your latter. The legalists of the time seemed to have little to no love about them either. What do you think love is JR? You made an embarrassing allegation in regards to me where you were so wrong it was funny so just be careful if you actually answer on the point.

Typical Arthur Brain.

When you quote scripture to him in defence of your beliefs, he tries to turn it around with insults.

Point in case:

Is it loving to be a pompous, self righteous, judgemental and ignorant jerk?

Your answer was therein btw.

All I see is name calling.

Could you clarify?

Is it loving to those who love God to force them to live with those who reject God?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Is it loving to be a pompous, self righteous, judgemental and ignorant jerk?

Your answer was therein btw.

Look, Arty, I've put up with a lot of your crap.

All I'd like is for honest answers, instead of your incessant whining about what Scripture says.

Arthur Brain

Typical Arthur Brain.

When you quote scripture to him in defence of your beliefs, he tries to turn it around with insults.

Point in case:

All I see is name calling.

Could you clarify?

Is it loving to those who love God to force them to live with those who reject God?

Those weren't insults. If you understood what love actually is - as outlined in the Bible itself, you wouldn't even be asking such questions. The last time you talked about "love" you made it into a juvenile crush as if I'd been advocating it as such. I hadn't. You need to read up a bit more and then maybe you'll see just how self serving and lacking in love for your fellow human being you are.

Arthur Brain

Look, Arty, I've put up with a lot of your crap.

All I'd like is for honest answers, instead of your incessant whining about what Scripture says.

Oh, I'm sorry, you could always put me on ignore if it's distressing you so much. Otherwise, I've had to "put up" with some of the most bonkers, asinine blowhard stuff ever witnessed on here. You have advocated such loony things as doing away with speed limits and the most ridiculous form of government ever; a king elected through lots who, once in power, isn't obliged to do a darned thing while holding "office"...

:dizzy:

You've had honesty all ways up so quit with your own whining man. Get a grip.

"Incessant whining about scriptures"? Which ones?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Those weren't insults.

"Ignorant jerk" isn't an insult?

If you understood what love actually is

I do. It's why I'm asking YOU!

as outlined in the Bible itself, you wouldn't even be asking such questions.

I ask because I understand what love is, Arthur.

If I don't, then answer my question, and show how my question is in error.

The last time you talked about "love" you made it into a juvenile crush as if I'd been advocating it as such. I hadn't.

IIRC, I was being facetious, which showed that you have no sense of humor at all.

You need to read up a bit more and then maybe you'll see just how self serving and lacking in love for your fellow human being you are.

I'M self-serving?

Apparently you think that being concerned for a person's eternal soul and not wanting them to burn in hell for eternity is self-serving. :think:

:liberals:

:idunno:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Oh, I'm sorry, you could always put me on ignore if it's distressing you so much. Otherwise, I've had to "put up" with some of the most bonkers, asinine blowhard stuff ever witnessed on here. You have advocated such loony things as doing away with speed limits and the most ridiculous form of government ever; a king elected through lots who, once in power, isn't obliged to do a darned thing while holding "office"...

:dizzy:

You've had honesty all ways up so quit with your own whining man. Get a grip.

"Incessant whining about scriptures"? Which ones?

Me: I just want a straight answer.

Arthur: :argue: