ECT Hebrews- Problem verses for Interplanner

Danoh

You disagree with me (and scripture) that the Hebrews had to endure to be made partakers of Christ, and enter rest?

That's the topic.

Nope - I disagree with YOU.

Hebrews is both salvation and edification issues.

The former to their own who are in unbelief, the latter to their own of their believing remnant.

It is their version of Romans.

Your study method is off.

But so is your belief you should not be challenged on your views :chuckle:

You actually view doing so as being your enemy - well, then rotfl...

Danoh

Matthew 5:5 KJV
(5) Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

No matter what else the meek get, they will get the earth.

Yep.

And believe it or not, people - the earth there is The Land.

That word is often how The Land is described - the earth.

SaulToPaul 2

Nope - I disagree with YOU.

Hebrews is both salvation and edification issues.

The former to their own who are in unbelief, the latter to their own of their believing remnant.

It is their version of Romans.

Your study method is off.

But so is your belief you should not be challenged on your views :chuckle:

You actually view doing so as being your enemy - well, then rotfl...

Were they partakers of Christ?

Danoh

That darn elusive club!

Danoh is one of our resident TOL conspiracy theorist.

lol - you forgot the word "fellow" in between the words "our" and "TOL" - and also, the "s" after "theorist" :chuckle:

But Romans 5:8 - o the wondrous, all encompassing grace of that passage - amazing grace, indeed!

Danoh

They couldn't go back to the old covenant when the Judaizers were at their worst in the mid first century and forming a police state about the laws and regulations.

Lol - apparently, he misunderstood what YOU'D meant by "that darn elusive club" :chuckle:

Nevertheless...Rom. 5:8.

Danoh

I am going to answer Yes.

Matt. 28:18KJV, John3:35KJV, John 13:3KJV, Eph 1:21-22KJV, Phil 2:10-11KJV, 1 Pet 3:22KJV

Nice smorgasbord of confusion in all those passages each ripped out of their respective context, you have there.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8 - one can always choose to view you/others through that to the glory of the Father in His Son by the Spirit.

Interplanner

I am going to answer Yes.

Matt. 28:18KJV, John3:35KJV, John 13:3KJV, Eph 1:21-22KJV, Phil 2:10-11KJV, 1 Pet 3:22KJV

I'd do a thread on that but D'ists have been whining like snowflakes about new threads. I did an essay yesterday on I Cor 15 and Heb 1-2.

Hebrews...
The world was about to end in fire. It was expected right after the destruction of Israel. It was expected that decade. To warn Jews and to get them to work as fervently as Paul in the mission of the Gospel, Hebrews tells them they are to put aside the old covenant, because Jesus is greater than angels (who delivered the Law to Moses), to Aaron, and to the old covenant. They are about to inherit the world to come (2:5) which is the 'great salvation' of 2:3. To help spread this word and the mission, the Holy Spirit has been given as so many prophetic passages said (the outpouring).

Christ has been enthroned (1:5 from Ps 2, 1:6, 1:8 from Ps 45, 1:13 from Ps 110), but we do not yet see this world subject to him--especially the people of Israel in the turbulence of their rebellion to fight for the old covenant and its theocracy. Had they listened to Christ (the Luke string of verses on the kingdom) they would know why.

Their generation matches the one between the exodus and the entry of Canaan, the 'world to come' being the new 'land' that is coming. They must feed on Christ alone, not on the 'onions' and 'watermelon' of the old covenant, and may even share Christ's disgrace of dying outside the city (13:11-14; Rev 11:8's Jerusalem as Egypt).

While it was expected to happen very soon, right after the destruction of Israel, God delayed. Christ had allowed for that by saying only the Father knows.

SaulToPaul 2

I'd do a thread on that but D'ists have been whining like snowflakes about new threads. I did an essay yesterday on I Cor 15 and Heb 1-2.

Hebrews...
The world was about to end in fire. It was expected right after the destruction of Israel. It was expected that decade. To warn Jews and to get them to work as fervently as Paul in the mission of the Gospel, Hebrews tells them they are to put aside the old covenant, because Jesus is greater than angels (who delivered the Law to Moses), to Aaron, and to the old covenant. They are about to inherit the world to come (2:5) which is the 'great salvation' of 2:3. To help spread this word and the mission, the Holy Spirit has been given as so many prophetic passages said (the outpouring).

Christ has been enthroned (1:5 from Ps 2, 1:6, 1:8 from Ps 45, 1:13 from Ps 110), but we do not yet see this world subject to him--especially the people of Israel in the turbulence of their rebellion to fight for the old covenant and its theocracy. Had they listened to Christ (the Luke string of verses on the kingdom) they would know why.

Their generation matches the one between the exodus and the entry of Canaan, the 'world to come' being the new 'land' that is coming. They must feed on Christ alone, not on the 'onions' and 'watermelon' of the old covenant, and may even share Christ's disgrace of dying outside the city (13:11-14; Rev 11:8's Jerusalem as Egypt).

While it was expected to happen very soon, right after the destruction of Israel, God delayed. Christ had allowed for that by saying only the Father knows.

Did the LORD have all things under his feet when Hebrews was written?
Why weren't the Hebrews partakers of Christ, and why weren't they resting?

SaulToPaul 2

IP has avoided the first two verses. Next verse:

Hebrews
4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Why weren't they resting? what labour did they need to do?

SaulToPaul 2

IP has avoided the first three verses. Here is the fourth:

Hebrews
6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
6:13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
6:14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.
6:15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

Hebrews
4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

If the Hebrews were in the Body of Christ, why hadn't they obtained the promise?