ECT Heb 9 vs the "club"

SaulToPaul 2

Yours puts it in the category of sunday school unreality. The "right" harmless words But none of the grit and bite of real Hebrew.

Of course, the whole reason we are talking about it is that you are stuck with the unreality of the NT background that is unreal. Israel had nothing to fear from the Romans, cf Caiaphas. They had everything to fear from the revolt. Therefore, who qualifies in Lk 2 as 'our enemies'? Why would an early Christian song be so excited to say that the things promised in the covenant were going to be delivered, and were, without the dread of the total destruction to be caused by the zealots and their war for the covenant. All the things received in Christ were unshakeable and fireproof. Israel lost everything. Just like Dan 9 says would happen.

...with the scriptures, huh?

(It is peaceful to avoid toxic water...sickness...death...digestive irritation...)

Oh.

Right Divider

Body part
Yours puts it in the category of sunday school unreality. The "right" harmless words But none of the grit and bite of real Hebrew.
:french:

Of course, the whole reason we are talking about it is that you are stuck with the unreality of the NT background that is unreal. Israel had nothing to fear from the Romans, cf Caiaphas. They had everything to fear from the revolt. Therefore, who qualifies in Lk 2 as 'our enemies'? Why would an early Christian song be so excited to say that the things promised in the covenant were going to be delivered, and were, without the dread of the total destruction to be caused by the zealots and their war for the covenant. All the things received in Christ were unshakeable and fireproof. Israel lost everything. Just like Dan 9 says would happen.

...with the scriptures, huh?

(It is peaceful to avoid toxic water...sickness...death...digestive irritation...)
:rotfl:

Right Divider

Body part
Cartoons is what happens when you don't know the grit of NT background. When you read the NT as though the IT period tensions and issues never happened. Whoever coined the term '400 silent years' made a huge mistake.
You need to spend some time in a mental hospital. You need some serious help.

Interplanner

You need to spend some time in a mental hospital. You need some serious help.

You need to talk about the text, not me. Like Northwye said this morning, 'eridos' is one of the characteristics of those given over by God, Rom 1. It is not that hard to find historical-grammatical meaning of things in the turbulent 1st century. The early Christians were not affluent theorists with lots of time on their hands like us today. They had a horrifying reality right outside the door--the zealot inclination to inflame the whole arrangement with Rome.

Right Divider

Body part
You need to talk about the text, not me. Like Northwye said this morning, 'eridos' is one of the characteristics of those given over by God, Rom 1. It is not that hard to find historical-grammatical meaning of things in the turbulent 1st century. The early Christians were not affluent theorists with lots of time on their hands like us today. They had a horrifying reality right outside the door--the zealot inclination to inflame the whole arrangement with Rome.
Oh

SaulToPaul 2

Fascinating. Does not change the meaning of scripture one iota.

Danoh

Why did Judas the Galilean foment a general rebellion in 6 AD? (Acts 5:37)

Supposedly, taxes.

So what.

What has any of that political intrigue got to do with what had been that wonderous twelve year old's sole narrative, scope, and context in the midst of and despite the world around Him - "Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?"

Likewise, later: during His ministry's overall narrative, scope, and context - "Let the dead bury the dead - follow ME"?