ECT Heb 9 vs the "club"

Right Divider

Body part
It is not a lie. And there would have been no need for it. Not to Heb 11 believers dialed into the world to come and the Jerusalem above. It totally does not figure into the new covenant of redemption and justification from sin. There is no 'separate' thing God needs to prove. he does not prove himself that way, say both Rom 3 and 9 on that question (of the 'failed' word of God).
You just KEEP saying that WITHOUT justification.

God proves Himself by ALWAYS keeping His Word.

Again, just in case you missed it.

Isa 60:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(60:21) Thy people also [shall be] all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.

Amos 9:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:15) And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Jer 31:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Just believe God.

Instead he started the mission to the nations, which you should be busy working in because it is great and exciting.

Dan 9 said, like Christ, it was going to be desolated. And we never hear another episode about the land after that.
Silly Commentarian Cancellationist.

You have NO idea what "new heaven and new earth" means because you live in your fairy tale.

john w

Hall of Fame
Is it true what Lydia said about you, that you are "acute"?

Oh, you're a real celebrity roast guest on TOL, aren't you, wise guy?Why don't you start us off with, "Take my wife.....please!," huh, Henney Youngman, Jr.? You beat everything, Mayor.

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, you're a real celebrity roast guest on TOL, aren't you, wise guy?Why don't you start us off with, "Take my wife.....please!," huh, Henney Youngman, Jr.? You beat everything, Mayor.

You sure are high spirited today! You better have yourself a Mr Cookie bar.

Interplanner

Your "understanding" of the new covenant is completely whacked-out, therefore your cancellationist ideas are too.

I have yet to find one of your ideas that conforms to what the synoptics, the recap in I cor 10, 2 Cor 3 and Heb 9-10 on heb 8 actually says. Your club fixates on one line in Heb 8 for extraneous reasons. Extraneous means the reasons Heb 8 quotes Jer are not the reasons you fixate on that one line about Israel and Judah.

In terms of a line count, that's about 1% of NT material. That is how accurate you are. The alpha-digits 'new covenant' are there, and that is the only connection to the reality of the text.

SaulToPaul 2

I have yet to find one of your ideas that conforms to what the synoptics, the recap in I cor 10, 2 Cor 3 and Heb 9-10 on heb 8 actually says. Your club fixates on one line in Heb 8 for extraneous reasons. Extraneous means the reasons Heb 8 quotes Jer are not the reasons you fixate on that one line about Israel and Judah.

In terms of a line count, that's about 1% of NT material. That is how accurate you are. The alpha-digits 'new covenant' are there, and that is the only connection to the reality of the text.

:chuckle: