ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnet

The Calvinists are right about election to salvation but go beyond what is written by claiming that the atonement was limited to only the elect. Because they believe in limited atonement they believe God predestined the lost for hell. That too is not supported by scripture.

God in His work of election decided to save some of the mass of humanity and some He decided to pass over.

The elected ones are elected according to His good pleasure and not because of a decision made on the part of the elect's confession of faith.

However, God placed a self imposed limitation on His divine sovereignty in that in order to be saved the elect first must believe the gospel.

However, because man can not exercise his will to believe the gospel without the help of God, God provides divine enablement for the elect to exercise their will against their rebellious nature and believe and accept God's free gift of salvation.

That is how faith is not credited as meritorious in any way.

The opposite view is that God elects based on knowing whom would believe the gospel beforehand. This view is a total hand grenade thrown into the free grace salvation because salvation becomes determined by man's choice. And that choice cannot be made by man because man is utterly and completely lost in sin.
In this the Calvinists are right. Where they go wrong is when they try and force an explanation to the question of how does man's part of believing harmonize with God's divine sovereignty. Their logical conclusion (not supported by scripture) is that the elect were never lost, and were always saved
even before they believed.

That sounds logical and I might have believed that if I did not study the scriptures that leave man with difficult questions that are not answered by the word.

It does not matter what makes the most sense to the obedient servant of God, it only matters what the scriptures say on any given subject even if it does not make sense in this life.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

That Christians believe such doctrines as these are found in the scriptures is another reason why I find faith difficult.

Astonishing.

Sonnet

In this passage the nearest antecedent is the abomination of desolation. The generation that will witness that event that we are told takes place in the mid point of the tribulation will know that Messiah will return to earth 3 and a 1/2 years from that day.

For another thread.

Sonnet

In this passage the nearest antecedent is the abomination of desolation. The generation that will witness that event that we are told takes place in the mid point of the tribulation will know that Messiah will return to earth 3 and a 1/2 years from that day.

If it was obvious then preterism wouldn't exist.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
'self-agrandizing posturing about soteriology'

Seriously?

You are way off topic and wasting energy with this. Your claims about scripture need challenging PPS and I may do so.

How about you address those posts you've ignored?

Very poor.

No. I've clearly illustrated that the original creation is Monergistic, and from that original creation would have to come what you refer to as Synergism.

There is only Monergism, even if it included what you perceive as Synergism. You're just playing games. I think you know it. Maybe you don't. Either way, you're beating the air.

Tell me... What is it that man has for Synergism that wasn't originally created by God within man in some manner?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
That Christians believe such doctrines as these are found in the scriptures is another reason why I find faith difficult.

Astonishing.

Faith, the noun, is not about others and their doctrines, etc. You find faith difficult because the thing thought and spoken about as the means of the thing heard has not had the thing believed come out of it as the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

You're using Christians as the excuse for the alleged difficulty of a noun you insist is a verb. You have no idea how ridiculous this is.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Faith, the noun, is not about others and their doctrines, etc. You find faith difficult because the thing thought and spoken about as the means of the thing heard has not had the thing believed come out of it as the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

You're using Christians as the excuse for the alleged difficulty of a noun you insist is a verb. You have no idea how ridiculous this is.

Abstract noun ;)

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
A dreadful distortion of scripture.
13310613_10157012244830578_7923088140703003052_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.