ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
How many times does the Holy Spirit come?

Ephesians 1:13
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

Even thought the carnal mind is enmity against God, nevertheless Paul quotes Deut 30:11ff in Romans 10.

The act of faith is not an act of man but an act under the influence of the Holy Spirit. See Acts 7:51

You seem to believe that the Spirit does not come upon all men.

The bad news that is supposed to be good news.

v.45
It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

Christ offered it to those he described as not his sheep.

The reality is is that your doctrines require you to focus on the depravity of man (and I accept we are depraved) - in order to uphold the right of God to pick and exclude. This supposed election and reprobation is in diametric opposition to what scripture actually teaches. Romans 10:1-13.

Yes Paul's hearts desire is for them to be saved, but he never ever takes the saving away from God.

While the Holy Spirit is very important he never takes glory for himself.

Eagles Wings

[MENTION=16283]Sonnet[/MENTION]

Since you are familiar with the Synod of Dordt and it's conclusions, anything I might add would be less than adequate.

Sincerely,
EW

Sonnet

Yes Paul's hearts desire is for them to be saved, but he never ever takes the saving away from God.

While the Holy Spirit is very important he never takes glory for himself.

If and only if salvation is accessible to all could Paul have preached in such a way.

Sonnet

[MENTION=16283]Sonnet[/MENTION]

Since you are familiar with the Synod of Dordt and it's conclusions, anything I might add would be less than adequate.

Sincerely,
EW

Right, so no response to my post then? - a common reaction from Calvinists on this forum.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Yeah, you just want to obfuscate and demand answers to fallacious questions.

There's no need for me to continuously respond when it's quite easy to cut to the chase. You just want to engage in endless ping ponging, and you're not even linguistically qualified to address the inspired text (nor illumined by a renewed mind).

What is it within man that is uncreated for alleged Synergism (that was not within the original Monergistic creation by God)?

One question, and that which comes from it.

What is it within man that can accomplish Syngeristic cooperation with God that God didn't create?

What is this uncreated capability for Synergism that man has apart from his Creator?

What is this ability for Synergism?

Sonnet

There's no need for me to continuously respond when it's quite easy to cut to the chase. You just want to engage in endless ping ponging, and you're not even linguistically qualified to address the inspired text (nor illumined by a renewed mind).

What is it within man that is uncreated for alleged Synergism (that was not within the original Monergistic creation by God)?

What is it within man that can accomplish Syngeristic cooperation with God that God didn't create?

What is this uncreated capability that man has apart from his Creator for Synergism?

Respond to those cited posts first please.

Sonnet

What is this uncreated capability for Synergism that man has apart from his Creator?

What is this ability for Synergism?

Already responded that God / Jesus created all.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
1 John 2:2, John 1:29, 1 Tim 2:4-6, 1 Tim 4:10, John 3:14-16, Hebrews 2:9, Titus 2:11.

It's all been distilled to basically one simple question, but you want to engage in endless run-around. This seems to be your intent rather than getting to the point. I'd think you'd want as simple and straight-forward a process as possible.

What is it within man that is uncreated and gives him an ability for Synergism that didn't come from the original Monergistic creation by God?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Respond to those cited posts first please.

Why? To expend more time so you ignore truth that is presented? You ignore grammar and every other valid exegetical point in favor of your presuppositions that you somehow presume preclude God's Monergistic original and new creation.

Man can have no ability for Synergism to be a new creation that isn't from the original creation. There's no such thing as Synergism in that context. It's all Monergism.

Romans 10:17 stands, with its nouns that aren't verbs.

Sonnet

Then both the original and new creation are Monergistic. Nothing in man is an ability for Synergism that God didn't create. So man's Synergism is Monergistic.

Simplez. Done.

Since you don't tend to respond to posts you perhaps are struggling with, then perhaps there is no point continuing. You made a claim about articular / anarthrous 'all' and I responded.

You seem very irritable today PPS.

Sonnet

Why? To expend more time so you ignore truth that is presented? You ignore grammar and every other valid exegetical point in favor of your presuppositions that you somehow presume preclude God's Monergistic original and new creation.

Man can have no ability for Synergism to be a new creation that isn't from the original creation. There's no such thing as Synergism in that context. It's all Monergism.

Romans 10:17 stands, with its nouns that aren't verbs.

I didn't actually ignore you. I responded. So I am not ignoring your claim. I am testing it.

Romans 10:9 has verbs.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.