Gore likens 'global warming' skeptics to racists, supporters of apartheid and homopho

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Here's the rub. It's already happening. Miami is regularly flooding. When Insurance companies stop insuring coastal properties, there's likely to be a crash like 2008.

When you live at sea level this will happen and has been happening for numerous years and not just in Miami. If the climate is changing as it has numerous times since the earth was created you are powerless to change that trend, it is a fools errand to try. The funny thing is that I spend an awful lot of time in Florida for my job and have traveled the state extensively over the years and the trend of which you speak has never put a single beachside hotel underwater, they still stand there as they have for decades, and before you spout off about bringing in sand to replenish the beaches know that has been happening for decades as well due to natural erosion. Sell your junk science wares elsewhere, nobody is buying it.

rexlunae

When you live at sea level this will happen and has been happening for numerous years and not just in Miami. If the climate is changing as it has numerous times since the earth was created you are powerless to change that trend, it is a fools errand to try. The funny thing is that I spend an awful lot of time in Florida for my job and have traveled the state extensively over the years and the trend of which you speak has never put a single beachside hotel underwater, they still stand there as they have for decades, and before you spout off about bringing in sand to replenish the beaches know that has been happening for decades as well due to natural erosion. Sell your junk science wares elsewhere, nobody is buying it.

Currently, sea level is rising at a rate of about 3mm/year. It will take a little while for that to be noticed. The best models suggest that if we continue to emit greenhouse gases at current rates, it will peak at a rate of about 6cm/year. And that we will notice pretty fast.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Currently, sea level is rising at a rate of about 3mm/year. It will take a little while for that to be noticed. The best models suggest that if we continue to emit greenhouse gases at current rates, it will peak at a rate of about 6cm/year. And that we will notice pretty fast.

Your "models" are the problem.

Sea level can rise because of factors that have nothing to do with carbon.

gcthomas

Virginia Key, Fl, is already at 3 cm per year for the last few years, and increasing.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Your "models" are the problem.

Sea level can rise because of factors that have nothing to do with carbon.

Sea levels rise and fall all the time, and have done so dramatically many times through history.

The pure and simple fact is that 'global warming' is both a money pit and an encouragement for globalization. They are all deceiving people into abandoning reason for their dubiously motivated 'theory' :rolleyes:

Alate_One

The Earth is shrinking.
Evidence?

Do you think the keeling curve is made up? What about the changes in ocean pH? pH is steadily decreasing due to increasing carbonic acid (dissovled CO2). It's to the point where shellfish farmers have to add base to the seawater to bring the pH up so their critters can grow.

Do you agree that the carbon you fear so much was once not locked up in the rocks?
Yes, though I don't know of any other force other than man that could release all of it at once with the same speed.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
They 'predicted' that the sea level would rise twenty feet over the next century unless we did something about 'global warming'.

If that should've sounded dumb 18 years ago, then it should sound flat out retarded now that now the estimate is 58 centimeters :chuckle:

A bunch of liars raking in money, one scare at a time. They are telling you to take their word for it, essentially- the science isn't really there.

gcthomas

They 'predicted' that the sea level would rise twenty feet over the next century unless we did something about 'global warming'.

If that should've sounded dumb 18 years ago, then it should sound flat out retarded now that now the estimate is 58 centimeters :chuckle:

A bunch of liars raking in money, one scare at a time. They are telling you to take their word for it, essentially- the science isn't really there.

No one has predicted 20 sea level rise over the next century, so that is a flat out lie.

Do you have no shame?

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
No one has predicted 20 sea level rise over the next century, so that is a flat or lie.

Do you have no shame?

Except it's not a lie, they just consistently come up with nonsense thing after another. The 90's was met with an exaggerated crisis much like Y2K- you all are just sheep.

You're the one being dishonest, choosing only to take in whatever builds upon your scientific dogma. The global warming idea is made infallible with constant excuse and revision- the world could go into an ice age and you'd point at an ice cube melting :chuckle:

The truth is that 'global warming' is nothing more than an alarmist's gig that does every bit of favor for liberals.

gcthomas

Except it's not a lie, they just consistently come up with nonsense thing after another. The 90's was met with an exaggerated crisis much like Y2K- you all are just sheep.

You're the one being dishonest, choosing only to take in whatever builds upon your scientific dogma. The global warming idea is made infallible with constant excuse and revision- the world could go into an ice age and you'd point at an ice cube melting :chuckle:

The truth is that 'global warming' is nothing more than an alarmist's gig that does every bit of favor for liberals.

I have found a paper that says that three million years ago when temperatures were last 2 to 3 Celsius above the datum sea levels were 20 feet higher, but I can find nothing like your claim that this was predicted to happen in the next century.

You are a liar, and you lie simply to win arguments without any reference to reality.

Of course, if you actually believe you are honest you will be able to back up your claim and I will withdraw my accusation of poor character. I won't hold my breath, though.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I have found a paper that says that three million years ago when temperatures were last 2 to 3 Celsius above the datum sea levels were 20 feet higher, but I can find nothing like your claim that this was predicted to happen in the next century.

You are a liar, and you lie simply to win arguments without any reference to reality.

Of course, if you actually believe you are honest you will be able to back up your claim and I will withdraw my accusation of poor character. I won't hold my breath, though.

You're the liar- you can't find anything because you are trained to only look at what supports global warming.

And
It doesn't matter what I 'back up', it will be denied by you- you're a 'global normalcy' denier :rolleyes:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Evidence?
Physical necessity.

The Earth's rate of rotation increases with seismicity. The only reasonable way to make sense of that is to assume mass is being redistributed more toward the core.

This process would lead generally to rising seas.

Do you think the keeling curve is made up?
What part of "no idea" do you not understand? If you have evidence for your claims, present it.

What about the changes in ocean pH? pH is steadily decreasing due to increasing carbonic acid (dissovled CO2).
Because you say so? Not overly convincing, sorry.

Then what is the problem?

gcthomas

You're the liar- you can't find anything because you are trained to only look at what supports global warming.

And
It doesn't matter what I 'back up', it will be denied by you- you're a 'global normalcy' denier :rolleyes:

I'll take that as a "Sorry, I made it up but don't have the courage to back down" comment.

gcthomas

Physical necessity.

The Earth's rate of rotation increases with seismicity. The only reasonable way to make sense of that is to assume mass is being redistributed more toward the core.

No - the distribution would be towards the axis, not the core, so a change on the oblateness of the Earth, moving mass towards the poles from the equator, would shorten the day without any unevidenced shrinking of the Earth.

Close, but no cigar, Stripey!